Chris Landrum unofficial!!

wardamnpjm

Where is Marengo county? Ive never heard of Sweetwater, Linden, etc! Its amazing how you can live in this state your entire life and never hear of any of these places. If it wasnt for recruiting i wouldnt know anything about alabama outside of Madison and Jefferson county.

I was thinking the same thing! I asked earlier where Sweetwater was and did get some good responses but still hadn't heard of any of those places and didn't want to ask again. I need to get out of Huntsville more often i guess, ha!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where is Marengo county? Ive never heard of Sweetwater, Linden, etc! Its amazing how you can live in this state your entire life and never hear of any of these places. If it wasnt for recruiting i wouldnt know anything about alabama outside of Madison and Jefferson county.

West central part of the state. County seat is Demopolis. Marengo county is about 60 miles due west of  Montgomery. Which is our state capitol, by the way. :P. About 120 miles north of Mobile. Agriculture and timber are the primary industries.

West central part of the state. County seat is Demopolis. Marengo county is about 60 miles due west of  Montgomery. Which is our state capitol, by the way. :P. About 120 miles north of Mobile. Agriculture and timber are the primary industries.

Now that was an information filled response! I feel like a local now!

Sweetwater is 1A football in Alabama.   When you come into the small town, there is a sign that say Welcome to Sweetwater, and it list all of the state titles in Baseball and Football.  Its about 8 in baseball and 7 in football. Impressive to say the least.

The kids in this town would rather wear the colors of SW football than AU or UAT colors.  

It was Bastrop, La that they played in 2009, SW beat the brakes off the reigning LA 4A state champ( Rueben Randle played on the 2008 team).

They are a very well coached and disciplined program.  There are no more turds in Sweetwater than any where else.  

Sweetwater, Al. South of Tuscaloosa about 85 miles or so. 15 miles from our DB Coach Phillip Lolley stomping ground in Butler, Al. Remember Spencer Johnson's hometown.

I have seen him play for years. Very talented and very well coached by Stacy Luker. All of the Landrums can play ball. Not most, all.

I am guessing he may be related to Micaheal Landrum from sweetwater who was the first African American Qb signed by Bear Bryant at Alabama. He was a wishbone QB for them in the late 70's. I recall the name, but can't recall a lot about his performance.

Just read that Michael Landrum (first black qb to play in football game at Alabama) is Chris' uncle! FWIW! Also, heard that Chris is supposed to meet w/ satan tomorrow! This is all second-hand so again... TIFWIW! :)

He may have a brother or cousin currently on the UAB squad. Can't remember the name.

Martina Landrum (maybe sister?) plays softball at UAB... Anthony (brother?) signed with Tuskegee out of Sweet Water in '08... don't know if he ever played or if he's still there! :thumbsup:

I am guessing he may be related to Micaheal Landrum from sweetwater who was the first African American Qb signed by Bear Bryant at Alabama. He was a wishbone QB for them in the late 70's. I recall the name, but can't recall a lot about his performance.

Just read that Michael Landrum (first black qb to play in football game at Alabama) is Chris' uncle! FWIW! Also, heard that Chris is supposed to meet w/ satan tomorrow! This is all second-hand so again... TIFWIW! :)

He may have a brother or cousin currently on the UAB squad. Can't remember the name.

Martina Landrum (maybe sister?) plays softball at UAB... Anthony (brother?) signed with Tuskegee out of Sweet Water in '08... don't know if he ever played or if he's still there! :thumbsup:

I think Anthony is Micheal Landrum's Son, not sure how Chris is related to them.

They have a monster football program. They've been dominate in 1A for a while now. I've watched them in the state championship games on tv. They run a Wing-T offense, throw maybe 5 times a game. They play lights out defense which is really the reason the win games. I Landrum played FB/HB on offense while the other played defense. The one that played FB/HB was the mvp in the 1A state championship in his Fr, So, & Jr seasons. However, I believe this guy played defense. He was just as good from my memory. If he played at a bigger program then everyone would recruit him. That's the problem with playing 1A football(no respect).

Chris is not Michael's son. His son is Anthony who was a hell of a football player himself. Only kid to ever win 3 State Championship MVP's. Chris is a good kid, good grades, and is a hell of an athlete. As per his recent Duke offer.

Sweetwater ALWAYS has a stud RB, so I'm sure he plays RB for them, and since they are a 1A school he prolly plays both ways. I would think LB at that size

Trivia question:

Who is the most famious Auburn football player to come out of Sweetwater?  If you are not at least 45 you will not have a clue?  He is still in the record books at Auburn and in the record books for a professional football team.

If this is the same landrum that played with sweetwater 2 years ago then he played RB and is very fast a physical. I watched a Landrum kid play against ACA and he torched them all game on O as well as D. Very good athlete I think one of his relatives play at Alabama.

I'm an ACA alum! We had some epic battles with Sweetwater a few years ago. Anthony was the RB if memory serves (seems he would have been about Chris's age). Can't specifically remember Chris though.

Personally I think any athlete out of SweetWater with D1 potential should be looked at. SweetWater knows their football, and they play it quite well.

I saw the kid play in a jamboree in Brantley last year where Anthony Gulley is from, and he is a beast....He played mostly LB he was a playmaker so they used his talents all over the field...He has started since he was like in 8th grade...He is deffinitely legit....

Archived