Chris Landrum unofficial!!

wardamnpjm

Just heard that Sweetwater AL Athlete Chris landrum will be in Auburn this weekend for an unofficial visit. Anybody know much about this young man? Rivals lists him as an athelete does anybody know what position he plays in High School? He is 6'2"  215lbs and runs a 4.6 forty. Pretty darn quick for a guy his size.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweetwater is between Aimwell, Nanafalia and Dixons Mill in lower Marengo County. They have won several state championships over the years. In the past, most of their players have tended to lean toward bammer if I remember but things may have changed down there. Landrum really looks like a player to keep any eye on.

Is he related to Anthony Landrum from Sweetwater?    Anthony was one of the best running backs this past decade in Alabama 3 time state title MVP I'm pretty sure.

If this is the same landrum that played with sweetwater 2 years ago then he played RB and is very fast a physical. I watched a Landrum kid play against ACA and he torched them all game on O as well as D. Very good athlete I think one of his relatives play at Alabama.

Chris is a BIGTIME athlete out of Sweet Water, his team has won 6 of the last 8 state championships. Runs in the 4.5-4.6 range and has been recently offered by Auburn, Duke, and South Alabama. Unfortunately, he has also visited the turds for their Jr. day, not that that means anything. He has played RB and has dominated, but he projects as a LB at the next level! He will have MANY offers by signing day! Hopefully we can get him!  :thumbsup:

Is he related to Anthony Landrum from Sweetwater?    Anthony was one of the best running backs this past decade in Alabama 3 time state title MVP I'm pretty sure.

I remember Anthony Landrum... don't know if Chris is his brother or not, but as small as Sweet Water is, I would guess that they are related. :)

Yes they're related. Its a very small town and all they do is play football down there. They've been a powerhouse for years. They're the little team that beats up on the big boys. They had a game against Bayou Le Batre out of LA televised by ESPN last year. There are a few AU fans sprinkled there but the majority are turds.

I am guessing he may be related to Micaheal Landrum from sweetwater who was the first African American Qb signed by Bear Bryant at Alabama. He was a wishbone QB for them in the late 70's. I recall the name, but can't recall a lot about his performance.

Where is Marengo county? Ive never heard of Sweetwater, Linden, etc! Its amazing how you can live in this state your entire life and never hear of any of these places. If it wasnt for recruiting i wouldnt know anything about alabama outside of Madison and Jefferson county.

I am guessing he may be related to Micaheal Landrum from sweetwater who was the first African American Qb signed by Bear Bryant at Alabama. He was a wishbone QB for them in the late 70's. I recall the name, but can't recall a lot about his performance.

Ok, now I recall "the rest of the story" on Michael Landrum. I will not post it here as it has no bearing on this kid, even if they are related. The Landrum name is very prominent in Sweetwater.

Archived