Chris Landrum unofficial!!

wardamnpjm

Apparently it went really well.  He loved Auburn and the coaching staff.  Chiz is askig him to play middle linebacker and he is cool with that. Already planning a return trip too.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We definitely have a shot at this kid....

"We met with Coach Chizik. That was my first time meeting him. He's a real nice guy. He was being straight up with me. He wasn't sugarcoating anything. He told me how it would be. He said nothing would be given to me, that I would have to work for everything. I liked that."

Landrum plans to visit Alabama Thursday and said a return trip to Auburn is already in the works.

"I want to go back to Auburn soon," he said. "I liked the campus. I liked the coaches. I liked it all.

"Auburn made a good impression."

Landrum claims offers from Auburn, Duke and South Alabama. He's also hearing from Alabama, Florida State, Clemson, UCLA and Duke, among others.

He doesn't list any favorites at this time.

I like the fact this staff is pursuing kids from sweetwater and Leroy. I know they play smaller division football but they are well coached and play at a high level. Would really love to bring landrum in. Sounding a lot like Chris Davis type of guy from 10 class

uat offered

^^^^

told him he would be the next Rolondo McClain...  :laugh: .... wonder how many times satan has used this line? I REALLY hope these kids take a look at the depth charts when making their future decisions....

I'm sure he told the guys from last year that rolando is not smart enough to play and that they would take his starting position.  He told pat white the same thing about jamarcus russel when he was recruiting him to lsu.

I went to school with Chris and his brother at Sweet Water from 2002-2005. He is Anthony Landrum's cousin. He is a stud and would be able to contribute i believe to winning at Auburn.

I believe Fuller and Beck played NFL Football. I think Fuller played with San Diego, and don't remember about Beck.

:tdau:

Mike Fuller definitely played NFL a long time. Led the league in punt returns several times if I'm not mistaken. But the guy said Beverly was the only SENIOR from the '72 team to play pro. I think Fuller was a soph in '72.

Alabama's in-state efforts for the class of 2011 continue, and the latest prospect to land good news from the Crimson Tide is a physical linebacker from a tiny Class 1A school in west Alabama.

Landrum had 12 sacks as a junior.

Sweet Water athlete Chris Landrum has been an integral part of the dominating program's success over the last few years, and on Thursday that hard work paid off in the form of an offer from Saban.

"Coach Saban told me that I was exactly the kind of student-athlete they need in their program," said Landrum who carries a 2.89 GPA. "He thought I was a perfect fit for what they do on defense and I really feel like I could come in and make an early impact. They like me at inside linebacker right where Rolando McClain plays. It is exciting to get big news like that. It made my day.

"I grew up an Alabama fan. My uncle played at Alabama (Michael Landrum) and my whole family has pretty much followed them all of my life. I am going to keep an open mind about everything though. I really just appreciate every school that is giving me a chance."

Other schools who have extended early offers to Landrum include Auburn, South Alabama and Duke.

^^^^ That won't be the last time he tells that to another linebacker. He has probably told 4 people that already.

Guess he wants as many McClains as possible.I don't blame him there. But, we want HIM (Landrum)at Auburn

I believe Fuller and Beck played NFL Football. I think Fuller played with San Diego, and don't remember about Beck.

Mike Fuller definitely played NFL a long time. Led the league in punt returns several times if I'm not mistaken. But the guy said Beverly was the only SENIOR from the '72 team to play pro. I think Fuller was a soph in '72.

Beck did not play in the NFL and Fuller played in NFL starting in 1975.  David Beverly was the only Senior on the 72 team to play in the NFL and he played for Green Bay for several years.  The original Sweetwater to Auburn connection.   

Beck did not play in the NFL and Fuller played in NFL starting in 1975.  David Beverly was the only Senior on the 72 team to play in the NFL and he played for Green Bay for several years.  The original Sweetwater to Auburn connection.   

I remember that LB Ken Bernich was drafted by the Chargers after the 1972 season, right? Don't know if he ever played a down for the Chargers. Never will forget during that Iron Bowl Bernich was instructed to never challenge the great Bama OL Hannah that played forever in NFL. Once Bernich said WTH and tried to stand Hannah straight up, and Bernich was pushed into the endzone-

Yeah he is the perfect fit at Alabama. Him and the other 12 middle linebackers that Saban has promised will play at that position. Sooner or later they will figure out that he says the same thing to every recruit he talks to.

The rolando mcclain sell doesnt bother me as much as the "we need someone to take the pressure off julio jones, and your that guy"... that one pisses me off more than anything. Theyve been using it since he got there bc every recruit knows who it is. They have over a dozen WR's... good ones at that... and only have 2 on the field most of the time. Good luck breaking that depth chart frosh

Archived