HAHA! And some of you think Lebo deserves to be the coach next season?

waregl87

There's no excuse for what happened tonight. Blowing a 16-pt. second half lead? Are you serious? Of course, when you really think about it, it KIND OF makes sense. We get these big leads because Tay gets silly from 3-pt. land. But what do we do when we are ice cold from behind the arc? Uhhh...that's a question that Lebo has no answer to. I'll tell you what happens. The second half of the Vandy, Tennessee and tonight's game. That's what happens. We have one freakin' offense, which is bomb 3's all night long. Yeah, it's great in the first 10 minutes of the game when we are hitting everything, but we get ice cold the last 30 minutes and end up getting blown out. It's not hard to figure out. Oh, and I forgot to mention the 60+ points we gave up in the second half! OVER 60 POINTS IN A HALF?!? It's taking everything I have not to cry and laugh at the same time. That is a complete joke. There is absolutely no coaching going on out there and to think that Lebo deserves to coach the next game, much less the next season, is ridiculous! These players deserve better!

There are two reasons I believe Jeff should get a shot at returning next year. 1. He was promised when he was hired that he would get a new Arena to play in. Next year would of fill that promise. 2. Players like Frank Tolbert, Vot Barber, and Lucas Hargrove have come light years in their development under Jeff. If you look at the underclassmen and incoming freshmen; #1 Andre Malone G 6-5 202 Fr., #5 Ty Armstrong F 6-9 225 Fr., #15 Tony Neysmith G 6-5 205 So., #22 Kenny Gabriel F 6-8 200 So., #33 Earnest Ross G 6-5 215 Fr., Shawn Kemp C 6-9 215, Allen Payne SF 6-7 205, Heath Houston PF 6-7 225,  and Adrian Forbes PF 6-8 230, Jeff have some guys who actually look like b-ball players. If he can develop these guys like the ones above, then Auburn might actually have an inside game. Look to last year (24 wins) and you will see what kind of team Jeff can have when he has got an inside presence. Now for what ever reason "new guys" haven't blended in to well (on the court) with the 5 Seniors on the team. However, next year it will be "their team" and the outcome of games will fall on their shoulders. I myself am interested to see how it works out in with a new arena to play in. Maybe with a new arena people will start showing up and actually inspire the team (outside the uat and UK games). However, I can see why people think Jeff should go (i.e. our record). I just don't think its as easy and laughable as some others.

There's no excuse for what happened tonight. Blowing a 16-pt. second half lead? Are you serious? Of course, when you really think about it, it KIND OF makes sense. We get these big leads because Tay gets silly from 3-pt. land. But what do we do when we are ice cold from behind the arc? Uhhh...that's a question that Lebo has no answer to. I'll tell you what happens. The second half of the Vandy, Tennessee and tonight's game. That's what happens. We have one freakin' offense, which is bomb 3's all night long. Yeah, it's great in the first 10 minutes of the game when we are hitting everything, but we get ice cold the last 30 minutes and end up getting blown out. It's not hard to figure out. Oh, and I forgot to mention the 60+ points we gave up in the second half! OVER 60 POINTS IN A HALF?!? It's taking everything I have not to cry and laugh at the same time. That is a complete joke. There is absolutely no coaching going on out there and to think that Lebo deserves to coach the next game, much less the next season, is ridiculous! These players deserve better!

I think Lebo will return next year... regardless of who wants him back or not... in the end its not our decicion.

War Damn Eagle

Auburn Nation

There are two reasons I believe Jeff should get a shot at returning next year. 1. He was promised when he was hired that he would get a new Arena to play in. Next year would of fill that promise. 2. Players like Frank Tolbert, Vot Barber, and Lucas Hargrove have come light years in their development under Jeff. If you look at the underclassmen and incoming freshmen; #1 Andre Malone G 6-5 202 Fr., #5 Ty Armstrong F 6-9 225 Fr., #15 Tony Neysmith G 6-5 205 So., #22 Kenny Gabriel F 6-8 200 So., #33 Earnest Ross G 6-5 215 Fr., Shawn Kemp C 6-9 215, Allen Payne SF 6-7 205, Heath Houston PF 6-7 225,  and Adrian Forbes PF 6-8 230, Jeff have some guys who actually look like b-ball players. If he can develop these guys like the ones above, then Auburn might actually have an inside game. Look to last year (24 wins) and you will see what kind of team Jeff can have when he has got an inside presence. Now for what ever reason "new guys" haven't blended in to well (on the court) with the 5 Seniors on the team. However, next year it will be "their team" and the outcome of games will fall on their shoulders. I myself am interested to see how it works out in with a new arena to play in. Maybe with a new arena people will start showing up and actually inspire the team (outside the uat and UK games). However, I can see why people think Jeff should go (i.e. our record). I just don't think its as easy and laughable as some others.

and for what its worth buddy... I agree with you. Hope you knew that

I think they will give him next year. Aside from a promise, if they did indeed promise that...and I have heard or read elsewhere besides here that they did, I am so tired of hearing him acting shocked that we get outrebounded when our players are dwarves inside compared to most other teams. that is no criticism of our players, nor the effort that they put forth. It is however, a direct criticism of Lebo for not recruiting inside players. Regardless of what he may have sitting on the bench or coming in next year, He has had no inside presence, with the exception of Barber, in his tenure here.  So I don't know how he can act surprised when we regularly get outrebounded on our end or one and done on the opponents end.  Even without height, I am continually frustrated with the fact that on our end of the floor, we will not take position under our basket and block out the opposition. Game after game, we leave the back side open or stand there while they dribble thru and score easy layups. while that could be the players reverting to playground ball, I tend to think it is more attributed to a lack of coaching. I saw very little coaching last nite as our team melted in the final minutes. We have a 14 pt lead and he waits to call a time out when it had dwindled to what was it 2 or 4 pts! Am I missing something?  And while he has recruited a couple of tall players---bringing one from UTC that was a project, that ended up leaving after a year, and another project, that ended up transferring to Wyoming or Colorado State or someplace out there---they were projects. Lastly, unless I missed something, it appalls me that we will have one senior next year...a walk on.  And regardless of how good the freshman and sophmores may be, I seriously doubt they will meld and become great in a year or two. I will be there Saturday and pulling for them, but very disappointed in the lack of progress in Lebo's tenure. On the bright side, if we do fall Saturday, at least we will not be LSU's first SEC win of the season. ;o)

I have been a Lebo supporter for years.  To me this is really his 4th year.  The first two years were such a mess with what Cliff Ellis left us and all the talent that transferred, I don't count them.  So to me this is his 4th year.  In a 4th year of a stay at a school, the team should be showing improvement, consistency, and be in the hunt for postseason.  This team is none of those.  I keep hearing that Lebo is a great x's and o'x coach.  To me, a great coach like that doesn't allow his teams to blow big leads that this team has blown.  He has to find a way to change things.  I hear Lebo is a great defensive coach and yet we are last in the league in defense. 

Last night against UM, was the proverbial straw that broke this camel's back... it's time for a change.

Lebo finds ways to lose games not win games. I don't care if he promised Auburn will play in the Taj Mahal next year, he has to go! When Ole Miss was making their comeback last night you know where he was sitting on the bench. You know why? Because he didn't have a clue as to how to stop the bleeding. I have never been more ashamed as I was last night. 4 seniors. Count them 4! And we can't hold a massive lead with 5 minutes to play. I can't believe their are still people that thinks he deserves another year. What will you say next year when we are in the same situation? That will just put us another year back at getting on track. If Lebo gets another year shame on Jay Jacobs!

Last night proved that Lebo is a coach that does not know how to win. Last year he was lucky that Vot played the way he did. He is a good guard coach, but not a good head coach. Auburn needs a new coach PERIOD.

If Jacobs wants people to fill the arena next year, and hopefully keep it filled, he needs to cut ties with Lebo. I've been supportive untill now but this is ridiculous.

guerra...Do you think the negative fan reaction alone would be enough to not retain Lebo? When it's all said and done you want happy consumers to buy your product.

On a side note, I'm begining to doubt if there would be too much negative reaction at all. Oh sure people would gripe and wonder how and why, but then focus their attention to spring practice and Aday. I hate that the BBall program has gotten so stale.  :banghead:

Last nite was kind of my final straw too. whether he has "had" four years or six (And I don't discount the mess Ellis left in spite of those that have commented to bring him back) he has six years to recruit...even if it is four...these are his recruits. And I too noticed when we started disintegrating, he was sitting on the bench....I would rather he get up and get a technical when we had points to give. Do something! just don't sit there. Even if you dont' know what to do...do SOMETHING!! You are the coach! I keep hoping this will make me feel differently but it does not. Regardless, I will continue to yell for our team...and at them some too!

guerra...Do you think the negative fan reaction alone would be enough to not retain Lebo? When it's all said and done you want happy consumers to buy your product.

On a side note, I'm begining to doubt if there would be too much negative reaction at all. Oh sure people would gripe and wonder how and why, but then focus their attention to spring practice and Aday. I hate that the BBall program has gotten so stale.  :banghead:

read what I said in superflyeagles thread... if you dont mind... I sorta explained my thoughts there...

We have a number of experts here. I just wondered how many who have posted have served as a head coach for a college basketnall team/ Or an assistant coach? or tried to recruit basketball players to the worst facilities in the Southeastern conference. How many have served as an AD at a major university? How many have made sincere promises during an employment situation and deceded it is best just to forget it? I'm just curious. WDE

By the way, people will only buy tickets to Auburn basketball when we are winning and even then we will only sell out when we are playing a big name basketball team.

We have a number of experts here. I just wondered how many who have posted have served as a head coach for a college basketnall team/ Or an assistant coach? or tried to recruit basketball players to the worst facilities in the Southeastern conference. How many have served as an AD at a major university? How many have made sincere promises during an employment situation and deceded it is best just to forget it? I'm just curious. WDE

By the way, people will only buy tickets to Auburn basketball when we are winning and even then we will only sell out when we are playing a big name basketball team.

sonny smith and cliff ellis both recruited and coached good enough talent to make it to the NCAA tourney, and win in the NCAA tourney several times; and at worst when they had off years, at least went to the NIT... Do your homework...

AU60.... It doesn't take anybody to be a head coach and assistant coach a trainer the water boy in a past life to watch 40 minutes of basketball and see what the problem is. Good programs/ good coaches don't blow double digit leads late in the game not once not twice, but 3 times. Good coaches don't need more than 6 years to build a program. It is ridiculous to suggest that we don't understand what is going on. Please don't insult my intelligence.

AU60.... It doesn't take anybody to be a head coach and assistant coach a trainer the water boy in a past life to watch 40 minutes of basketball and see what the problem is. Good programs/ good coaches don't blow double digit leads late in the game not once not twice, but 3 times. Good coaches don't need more than 6 years to build a program. It is ridiculous to suggest that we don't understand what is going on. Please don't insult my intelligence.

AMEN Tigers1, well said

At this point I am kinda ready for Lebo to go... I have tried to defend him but after so many blown leads I just cant take it.... I appreciate the fact that all of his teams go out and fight and scrap for balls. But I must say he is an awful recruiter and has possibly some of the worst luck... I do think there are some young guys with bright futures but I don't know how many more chances we can give him... Now if he does come back I won't be boycotting games and whining I'll still support and cheer us on to hopefully a more successful season. Because even when he was winning games last year they got 0 support until the NIT.

People, the point is Lebo is getting PAID (this is actually how he earns his living) to win basketball games, and he's doing everything he can to LOSE them! There is no reason for him to still be our coach. He's had a 6-year chance to turn things around and they're only getting worse! Somebody else deserves a shot. End of story.

Does that mean we cant form an opinion? It doesnt take a head coach to know success. If the fans have no right to call for a new coach then me might still have Doug Barfield as head coach today.

It is time for a change. If you take out last year (which was a year that Lebo just let Vot do what he wanted (it worked)), Lebo has a losing record at Auburn. We will open the new arena next year. If you want to have success, you have to make changes. The new arena cannot come with the same problem the old one has. It is like buying new shoes in a size to small: IT JUST DOESN'T WORK. Our players, fans, and students all deserve a winning program.

"AU60.... It doesn't take anybody to be a head coach and assistant coach a trainer the water boy in a past life to watch 40 minutes of basketball and see what the problem is. Good programs/ good coaches don't blow double digit leads late in the game not once not twice, but 3 times. Good coaches don't need more than 6 years to build a program. It is ridiculous to suggest that we don't understand what is going on. Please don't insult my intelligence. "

"AMEN Tigers1, well said"

I totally concur. I guess if we follow AU60, whom I am not attacking, but am responding to his comments, then we should just sit back, shut up and enjoy losing. I don't. And I don't think anyone here does. I also don't think it takes a coach to figure out something is not working. And it clearly is not working, whether we are janitors or unemployed previous coaches, waterboys or whatever. If we were not passionate about Auburn, we would not be on here. That is what this is for, whether we all agree on anything or nothing at all.  As I said earlier, I will be there cheering them on, but I can yell at the coach if I want to . :o)

Archived