My Suggestion for Next Year

aubtigerfan21

I say we fire Lebo and hire:

Steve Alford

New Mexico

http://www.golobos.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/alford_steve00.html

Played at Indiana. He has New Mexico at #10 in the nation after only three years in the program. Think what he could do at a school in the SEC with a larger budget and new arena

I've been a big supporter of Steve Alford. Hes my number 1 right now. And I dont really care what the corn people would recommend.

That will tell everyone that the powers at be at AU don't give a flip about Auburn's basketball program.

New Mexico is a basketball school. They are considered by most experts to be "big time." Why in the world would Alford leave there to come to Auburn?

New Mexico has had some very good seasons, but as a whole they are not considered to be a "top program". If Jay Jacobs commits to basketball, we can pay Alford more money, we have a much bigger athletic budget, and if Alford could turn Auburn around he would have better opportunities here than at UNM. Plus we have a new arena comming in.

There are some people on here asking why any decent coach would come to Auburn and why we should even bother to go after one. If we go after several good coaches and all say no then what have we really lost? We cant get a good coach if we dont try. We dont need another Lebo.

I'm just giving you the reality of the situation. New Mexico is much more of a basketball program than we are. Ever hear of Rick Majeris? He's no Cliff Ellis and he was there for years.

Archived