Possible Scenario if we beat Bama

AUnights

If we win and Arkansas beats Ole Miss, we would actually be the #2 seed in the west and get a 1st round bye.  if that happens, we will play the winner of the Tennessee v LSU game...probably UT and that might not be good.  I can never root for us to lose to Bama, so I think I would actually rather have Ole Miss beat Arkansas in order not to have to play UT as our 1st game in the tourney...Thoughts anybody about not wanting that #2 seed?

If we win and Arkansas beats Ole Miss, we would actually be the #2 seed in the west and get a 1st round bye.  if that happens, we will play the winner of the Tennessee v LSU game...probably UT and that might not be good.  I can never root for us to lose to Bama, so I think I would actually rather have Ole Miss beat Arkansas in order not to have to play UT as our 1st game in the tourney...Thoughts anybody about not wanting that #2 seed?

What are you smoking?  If we win, we move up to 7-9 and if Ole Miss loses, they drop to 8-8.  I believe we can move up to 3 if Arkansas loses and get out of the Kentucky bracket, but that's it. 

What are you smoking?  If we win, we move up to 7-9 and if Ole Miss loses, they drop to 8-8.  I believe we can move up to 3 if Arkansas loses and get out of the Kentucky bracket, but that's it. 

^^This is correct.  There is no way we move up to #2.  Although #3 would be a great accomplishment and put us in an easier bracket.  If UAT wins we will be tied with them.  Who winds the tiebreaker since we would have split with them.  Let's just win and not worry about that. 

^^This is correct.  There is no way we move up to #2.  Although #3 would be a great accomplishment and put us in an easier bracket.   If UAT wins we will be tied with them.  Who winds the tiebreaker since we would have split with them.  Let's just win and not worry about that.   

From the SEC Website:

"Two-Team Tie: The following procedure will be used in the following order until the tie is broken: A) Won-lost results of head-to-head competition between the two teams. B) Division won-lost record of the two teams (10 games). C) Won-lost record of the two teams versus the No. 1 seed in their division (and proceeding through the No. 6 seed, if necessary). D) Non-division won-lost record of the two teams (six games). E) Won-lost record of the two teams versus the No. 1 seed in the opposite division (and proceeding through the No. 6 seed, if necessary). F) Coin flip by the Commissioner."

If Alabama wins, we are tied on SEC divisional record as well. Also, both of us split with MSU (if they are the number 1 seed and both of us got swept by Ole Miss.  I think it might go to E which would give us an advantage since we beat UGA and they didn't, but I believe that's still up in the air too!

^^This is correct.  There is no way we move up to #2.  Although #3 would be a great accomplishment and put us in an easier bracket.   If UAT wins we will be tied with them.  Who winds the tiebreaker since we would have split with them.  Let's just win and not worry about that.   

From the SEC Website:

"Two-Team Tie: The following procedure will be used in the following order until the tie is broken: A) Won-lost results of head-to-head competition between the two teams. B) Division won-lost record of the two teams (10 games). C) Won-lost record of the two teams versus the No. 1 seed in their division (and proceeding through the No. 6 seed, if necessary). D) Non-division won-lost record of the two teams (six games). E) Won-lost record of the two teams versus the No. 1 seed in the opposite division (and proceeding through the No. 6 seed, if necessary). F) Coin flip by the Commissioner."

If Alabama wins, we are tied on SEC divisional record as well. Also, both of us split with MSU (if they are the number 1 seed and both of us got swept by Ole Miss.  I think it might go to E which would give us an advantage since we beat UGA and they didn't, but I believe that's still up in the air too!

Wow.  They may run all the way through the tie breaker scenarios.  They are still tied after D with 1-5 records.  I guess then it comes down to how UGA and SC finish tomorrow.  They are also tied.  If both win or both lose then I guess it goes to a coin flip.  If UGA wins and SC loses then we would get the #4. If SC wins and UGA loses, then the turds get it.  Let's just simplify the whole thing and beat UAT!!!  :thumbsup:

crack evidently i forgot all about MSU haha o well

crack evidently i forgot all about MSU haha o well

Don't feel bad we've all had our brain farts. Especially Bigbird....

Archived