Anyone else tired of Lebo throwing players under the bus?

AUSPORT17

Of Knox after Alabama, Lebo says: "He looks like hundred bucks one night, and not like he's ever played the next."

Of Reed after Miss. St, Lebo says: "Reed really struggled offensive and defensively. He guarded Bost, so that's pretty much the difference in the game.''

If anyone doesn't agree this is throwing players under the bus you are crazy. Next time be knowledgeable of the facts before you go out and vouch that he doesn't make negative comments about his players in post game comments please because you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

It is the truth. I do not see it as "throwing a player under the bus." I would not be offended if a coach used either of those comments about my play. Knox has a good game then he has a bad game, you cannot always have good games. That is what Lebo is saying. There are games where players, Reed, struggle. Bost is one of the best players for Miss. St. Someone has to guard him and that will decide part of the outcome for the game.

I do not see these comments as belittling. If anything it would be "constructive criticism" for the players. Which most athletes feed off of. It gives them something to strive for, to become better. I personally always enjoyed constructive criticism playing basketball in high school. While being praised for how good you do someone has to knock you off your pedestal and bring you back to the real world.

Of Knox after Alabama, Lebo says: "He looks like hundred bucks one night, and not like he's ever played the next."

Of Reed after Miss. St, Lebo says: "Reed really struggled offensive and defensively. He guarded Bost, so that's pretty much the difference in the game.''

If anyone doesn't agree this is throwing players under the bus you are crazy. Next time be knowledgeable of the facts before you go out and vouch that he doesn't make negative comments about his players in post game comments please because you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

I didn't realize these players needed to be treated like Little Leaguers- I was under the impression they are grown men and athletes playing in a major conference and getting a free education for it as well. I think they will live even with Lebo calling them out to the media. With Lebo's record, you'd think he'd be harder on them than he is. Besides, he is telling the truth.

I didn't realize these players needed to be treated like Little Leaguers- I was under the impression they are grown men and athletes playing in a major conference and getting a free education for it as well. I think they will live even with Lebo calling them out to the media. With Lebo's record, you'd think he'd be harder on them than he is. Besides, he is telling the truth.

good point

No the players aren't little leaguers, but neither is Lebo. So for the HC to pass off any of the blame for a loss is just plain garbage. The HC sets the players up and it is his repsonsiblity to see that they will succeed, which will help him to succeed. It's not the other way around. A HC should never call a player out in the media no matter what. Or the media call out a player (remember OK St HC, I bet he got a few recruits for taking up for his team like that). A HC passing blame to a player is just bush-league. You let the player know in practice. A HC coach should always "umbrella" his team, not leave them out on an island.

One poster talked about how Lebo hasn't been able to develop players. Then goes on to say that he should be given another year because of the younger players' up sides. Ha ha ha, which one is it guy?

All I keep reading about Lebo is "if this" and "if that", is that what is has come to? Saying that is about as relevant as if Bo went to Bama. It doesn't matter b/c it didn't happen. Lebo knew everything about the program when he took the job - probation, facility, so for people to continue to use these excuses for him year in and year out is just plain lame. These issues have nothing to do with the players standing around watching the ball handler go one-on-one trying to score, they have nothing to do with blocking out and rebounding....... THESE ISSUES HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH EXECUTION! That is our problem folks, not the players, the facility or probation form 4 years ago. Lebo hasn't gotten the job done, isn't getting the job done, and it's time to make a change bc I don'e believe he will get the job done in the futre.

We have to rid ourselves of Lebo to progress forward.He can't recruit and he can't coach.Tubs firing postponed Lebo's firing but I believe his time has almost come my friends. 

Guest War Eagle 29

We have to rid ourselves of Lebo to progress forward.He can't recruit and he can't coach.Tubs firing postponed Lebo's firing but I believe his time has almost come my friends. 

I couldn't agree with you more. Six years is long enough to turn ANY program around. Just look at CJL's SEC record and that will speak volumes about his coaching abilities. Now whether or not the powers that be let money influence their decision on Lebo remains to be seen. If he stays it will be for no other reason than greenback dollars.

Archived