Anyone else tired of Lebo throwing players under the bus?

AUSPORT17

I tried to let it go when he called out Reid a week ago, but after calling out Knox tonight, I am sick and tired of Lebo blaming certain players for poor play. This seems to have become a habit for Lebo after an Auburn loss. The game is won or lost by a team and no one player is entirely responsible. If anything, the coach is supposed to defend his players, not throw them under the bus. I would hate to play for a coach who called me out to the media like that.

I was unaware he did that, as I don't listen to or read any of his comments.  I will watch AU BB games and support the team, but Lebo has to go.

:wedance:

Guest War Eagle 29

It's too bad that Brendon can't call out Lebo for the pitiful coaching job he has done all year long. I agree, Lebo must be shown the door NOW!  :banghead:

If I had a son, he would NEVER play for Auburn as long as Jeff Lebo is there. In fact, I do have a great-nephew and he asked me for my opinion about Aubur's head coach. I had to be honest with him.

I don't ever read his comments either, but if he is throwing players under the bus he has over stayed his welcome. Coaches only begin to do that when there is nothing else left to hold on too! Jeff Lebo, you are in fact, the weakest link!

I'm much more concerned with the fact that Brendon Knox is a senior and is no better than he  is. In fact, he never played a lot until this year. Six years in and Knox is as good as we have in the post. That's ridiculous. Knox needs to be thrown under the bus or off a cliff. Lebo needs to be shown the door.

What comment are you talking about? The only one I saw on Knox was this one...

"We never got anything going offensively," AU head coach Jeff Lebo said. "My fears came true right away as Knox had two fouls, three fouls and four fouls quickly. We need to have him." 

And if this was the quote I would not call that "throwing a player under the bus." Knox in my opinion soft under the basket. There have been glimpse of awesomeness from him this season but never anything consistent. The thing about basketball is that anytime can beat anyone. It all depends on if the team is firing on all cylinders. In basketball if you have 1 guy not doing his part in running the offense or playing defense then the whole team suffers, unlike football where if 1 player is lost on the field it does not hurt the team that much. Same goes for players in foul trouble.

I'm sure I will offend several of you and everyone will cry because someone got called out, but anyone on here saying Lebo has done a terrible job coaching is an idiot and you don't know basketball. It is the players fault. Face it the players on this team are not very good. Now some can say that is Lebo's fault, but he has not been given the resources needed to recruit. He now has a new arena and look at this first signing class. It's the best class Auburn has had in a very long time. Also I am sick of the fair weather fans. There are too many students and people that live close to Auburn and don't go to the games, but yet they want to talk about the team and the coach.

I'm sure I will offend several of you and everyone will cry because someone got called out, but anyone on here saying Lebo has done a terrible job coaching is an idiot and you don't know basketball. It is the players fault. Face it the players on this team are not very good. Now some can say that is Lebo's fault, but he has not been given the resources needed to recruit. He now has a new arena and look at this first signing class. It's the best class Auburn has had in a very long time. Also I am sick of the fair weather fans. There are too many students and people that live close to Auburn and don't go to the games, but yet they want to talk about the team and the coach.

Okay, as what you call an idiot, allow me to retort.  The players on the team are not very good because Lebo did a poor job recruiting.  We aren't even beating teams with non-existent facilities like Troy, Missouri State, and Sam Houston State.  The "signing class" is rated the lowest in the SEC so far according to respectable publications and was only ranked high in Hoop Scoop because it did not measure quantity but did measure quantity.  People don't go to the games because of the terrible product Lebo puts on the floor. 

The time for change is now.  As it is, half the people don't support the program because of Lebo.  With a change, EVERYONE will get behind the program. 

Okay, as what you call an idiot, allow me to retort.  The players on the team are not very good because Lebo did a poor job recruiting.  We aren't even beating teams with non-existent facilities like Troy, Missouri State, and Sam Houston State.  The "signing class" is rated the lowest in the SEC so far according to respectable publications and was only ranked high in Hoop Scoop because it did not measure quantity but did measure quantity.  People don't go to the games because of the terrible product Lebo puts on the floor. 

[red]The time for change is now.  As it is, half the people don't support the program because of Lebo.  With a change, EVERYONE will get behind the program.[/red] 

That looks so familiar. Where have I seen that slogan...

Ha! With this attitude, no wonder Lebo doesn't have to produce to keep his job. Wish my boss had this attitude!

I bet you boss doesn't give you crappy resources and limit your contact to those that can help you get what you need to be successful and then fire you for not doing a good job.

by no means am I saying that I am happy with the state of Auburn basketball, but I can see the reasons we are where we are. They are not necessarily Lebo's fault. You would be hard pressed to find any coach in America that could have done much better with what he has had. Lets not forget he took over a program that was on probation, had  some of the worst facilities in the country and he can't even recruit through the coaches that most influence these players.

by no means am I saying that I am happy with the state of Auburn basketball, but I can see the reasons we are where we are. They are not necessarily Lebo's fault. You would be hard pressed to find any coach in America that could have done much better with what he has had. Lets not forget he took over a program that was on probation, had  some of the worst facilities in the country and he can't even recruit through the coaches that most influence these players.

I agree with you that Lebo came into this job in less than ideal circumstance for sure. I just think more than half a decade is enough time to at least turn the ship around to some degree. At this point, we are worse off than 6 years ago and that it is time for new leadership. We will see what the powers that be decide. WDE.

Ok I think both sides are partially correct. It is true Lebo is not as awful as a coach as some claim but to say he hasn't been giving all the resources I don't think if fair either. I believe Auburn spends more on recruiting than any other team in the SEC. We also are constructing a new arena. I will agree he has not developed player like he should and personally I can't stand his offensive strategy. Meanwhile I love his aggressive defensive strategy and the fact that all Lebo teams go and leave it on the floor. If we can land a guy like Scott Drew or the guy from New Mexico or another big name then I think it's time to part with Lebo. But if we can't I say we keep him and let him have year in the arena. Also the poster that said no one supports bball cuz it's not good b/c of Lebo u are wrong. Last year we had a solid team that reached the NIT and never even came close to selling the place out. I went to all home games and saw very little increase in attendance other than students. I am interested to see what Jacobs decides to do. Personally I think we have chance to be a solid team next year with all the young talent. Earnest Ross and Kenny Gabriel have big time upside

I have never noticed him throwing a player under the bus and I listen to his post-game comments after every game.  Lebo may be struggling with this team and may or may not need to go, but if he does then it has nothing to do with the way he conducts himself in post-game interviews. 

Of Knox after Alabama, Lebo says: "He looks like hundred bucks one night, and not like he's ever played the next."

Of Reed after Miss. St, Lebo says: "Reed really struggled offensive and defensively. He guarded Bost, so that's pretty much the difference in the game.''

If anyone doesn't agree this is throwing players under the bus you are crazy. Next time be knowledgeable of the facts before you go out and vouch that he doesn't make negative comments about his players in post game comments please because you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

Opinions are always welcome but it is not necessary to call people out and tell them they don't know what they are talking about.  It will not be tolerated on Auburn Eagle.  Coach Lebo was asked direct questions to which he gave honest answers.  He didn't just make the comments out of nowhere.  It is of my opinion because of this that he wasn't throwing anyone under the bus.  He has always conducted himself profesionally as coach of Auburn hoops. 

Of Knox after Alabama, Lebo says: "He looks like hundred bucks one night, and not like he's ever played the next."

Of Reed after Miss. St, Lebo says: "Reed really struggled offensive and defensively. He guarded Bost, so that's pretty much the difference in the game.''

If anyone doesn't agree this is throwing players under the bus you are crazy. Next time be knowledgeable of the facts before you go out and vouch that he doesn't make negative comments about his players in post game comments please because you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

That's not throwing players under the bus. I've listened to many of his post-game comments and never heard anything that could be described as derogatory to his players.

I'm tired of hearing Lebo call out his own players in front of the media. It's like everytime we lose, it's their falt and not coach who's getting paid good $ for coaching this team.

Archived