A Decision on Head Coach Jeff Lebo

AUSportTalk

I was pulling for Auburn hard last evening against Florida...looking for that glimmer of hope. I think Coach JL is a great person. If he is let go, I wish him the best. 

Not to be too harsh, but I don't think Lebo ever had it going here except the year to the elite 8..

That was Cliff Ellis and it was the Sweet 16.

Thanks for pointing that out, I was like wha? When did that happen, did I forget something.  Has Lebo even gotten us to the NCAA tourney since he's been there?  I heard today that this is the first time UAB has ever gone 4 years without making the tourney, so why are our expectations lower than UAB?

great point, thanks for the heads up ST, wish the best for AU and Jeff Lebo

At least they're doing this early. If he's fired, then we can hopefully get a coach named pretty soon to help salvage the rest of the recruiting class.

Recruiting is virtually done, unless some of the early signees decide to bail on their letters of intent, which I believe they will be entitled to do if there's a coaching change.

At least they're doing this early. If he's fired, then we can hopefully get a coach named pretty soon to help salvage the rest of the recruiting class.

Recruiting is virtually done, unless some of the early signees decide to bail on their letters of intent, which I believe they will be entitled to do if there's a coaching change.

There are 2 signing periods.

There are 2 signing periods.

Two signing periods, with among other limits, a total of 8 scholarships. We've already signed six, and that could be the limit, depending on other rostr factors.

With all the signess and with the players we have coming back we are sitting at 13 scholarships which is the limit in NCAA basketball. Unless somebody gets a release from their LOI or a current player transfers we are through recruiting.

Coach Lebo is a likable guy and a pretty good coach, but 6 years is long enough and the team has just not shown the consistency and improvement needed...IMHO.

Best to Coach Lebo whatever the decision..... WAR EAGLE, BABY!

With all the signess and with the players we have coming back we are sitting at 13 scholarships which is the limit in NCAA basketball. Unless somebody gets a release from their LOI or a current player transfers we are through recruiting.

Calipari came in and let some kentucky recruits go I believe. I guess we wouldn't get guys like Wall or Cousins so we don't have to worry about that.

Calls are coming into newsrooms in Bham saying that he has been fired. Nothing confirmed though.

it's being reported as a done deal on al.com mayor has a thread about it now. :dunno:

Archived