A Decision on Head Coach Jeff Lebo

AUSportTalk

I like Lebo a lot but it just might be time for a fresh start. I know Jay Jacobs will make the best decision for Auburn so I guess we will have to wait and see.

Auburn has got to do what is in the best interest of the school.  I know that if a better opportunity came along for him, he would not hesitate to take it.  The expectation has to be the same for basketball as it is for football.  Find the best person to take Auburn to the top. Period.  If the person they hire cannot do that, then they need to get someone else.  I would like to actually care about college basketball again!  I know this sounds like an angry post, but I am just frustrated with the losing!

I don't think he will be fired.  It's not cost-effective for the Athletics office.  Good luck to Lebo if he stays or goes.

Good luck to Lebo if he stays or goes.

^^THIS^^

I believe he will not be retained but either way the Auburn basketball program will be on the upswing with or without him b/c of the sacrifices the Ath Dept made when they built the new arena. It will only be up from here.

ST we appreciate the early update... keep us posted as im sure you will.

I guess if Lebo is let go, we will have time to make decent coaching search and get the right guy. Time will be on JJ side.

IMO, all this means is that they are working out his package for getting fired. This seems vaguely similar to when Tommy T had his meeting. Hopefully Lebo is gone, and while I wish him the best of luck, he and Auburn were obviously not the right fit for each other. I think both will end up better off from him leaving.

I apologize for my ignorance, but is this coming from ST's inside sources?  I just wanted to know if he read it somewhere or where this is coming from? I personally want a new coach next year b/c if lebo is back next year, all I will be excited about is the new stadium, not the team, so keep us updated

I apologize for my ignorance, but is this coming from ST's inside sources?  I just wanted to know if he read it somewhere or where this is coming from? I personally want a new coach next year b/c if lebo is back next year, all I will be excited about is the new stadium, not the team, so keep us updated

there is not much to this yet, he was just giving us an early update that it "might" be as early as today. It could take a week or two.

but ST has his sources and he will make sure we are informed when its the right time... and correct info.

there is not much to this yet, he was just giving us an early update that it "might" be as early as today. I could take a week or two.

but ST has his sources and he will make sure we are informed when its the right time... and correct info.

Thanks! great answer to my question!

Good luck to Lebo if he stays or goes.

^^THIS^^

I believe he will not be retained but either way the Auburn basketball program will be on the upswing with or without him b/c of the sacrifices the Ath Dept made when they built the new arena. It will only be up from here.

Yes! ^This^  I have, for the most part, been quiet on the "Fire/Keep Lebo" issue because I am honestly torn.  Great guy and I wish him all the luck, no matter what decision is made. 

Not to be too harsh, but I don't think Lebo ever had it going here except the year to the elite 8.. We really need to get a coach with system that has structure and isn't run and gun seeming.. I think with basically with newest and best facilities in the country now, it shouldn't be hard to find someone interested in coming to the plains.. I know we aren't considered much other than a "football school" but I think someone well known will take the opportunity to change that. I hope the school takes a good look at coaches everywhere and makes the best decision. War Eagle.

Not to be too harsh, but I don't think Lebo ever had it going here except the year to the elite 8.. We really need to get a coach with system that has structure and isn't run and gun seeming.. I think with basically with newest and best facilities in the country now, it shouldn't be hard to find someone interested in coming to the plains.. I know we aren't considered much other than a "football school" but I think someone well known will take the opportunity to change that. I hope the school takes a good look at coaches everywhere and makes the best decision. War Eagle.

That was Cliff Ellis and it was the Sweet 16.

Maybe he was thinking of 85(?) when Sonny Smith took us to the Elite 8 when we were beaten by Louisville and "never nervous Pervis" Ellison

If you look at successful SEC teams in particular, most seem to have an inside game where they can man up on the blocks.  Boy I miss the days of M'amandyou (spelling?) N'dye.  Of course good shooting guards too.

I think our guards can play with anybody in the country... we just dont have an inside presence and it really hurt us this year.

who would have thought we would miss Vot this much?

Not to be too harsh, but I don't think Lebo ever had it going here except the year to the elite 8..

Thanks for pointing that out, I was like wha? When did that happen, did I forget something.  Has Lebo even gotten us to the NCAA tourney since he's been there?  I heard today that this is the first time UAB has ever gone 4 years without making the tourney, so why are our expectations lower than UAB?

Maybe he was thinking of 85(?) when Sonny Smith took us to the Elite 8 when we were beaten by Louisville and "never nervous Pervis" Ellison

Maybe he was talking about last year at the NI To easy,, you didn't make my big brother's tourney.

Archived