I wish..

Les81

we would throw everything at mike anderson... i love his style of ball.

Oh don't get me wrong, he's a great coach, I even spent plenty of time at uab games as a result and when I played bb in high school he came and checked out Leeds. But I don't see him as our head coach after what happened last time. Plus mizzou wasn't great this year, they didn't impress me, JMO

Oh don't get me wrong, he's a great coach, I even spent plenty of time at uab games as a result and when I played bb in high school he came and checked out Leeds. But I don't see him as our head coach after what happened last time. Plus mizzou wasn't great this year, they didn't impress me, JMO

they lost a lot of players from last years elite 8 squad and he has one of the best assistants in the country TJ Cleveland

I love Auburn but realistically speaking he is at a better basketball school than Auburn right and he just turned down 2.1 million from UGA. He only makes around 1.5 million so we could match that and I'm told he really liked living in Alabama but as much as I'd love to have him, I don't see it happening.

Didn't we pass on Anderson when we hired Lebo? If so, why would he consider AU?

ya we hired jeff lebo instead of mike anderson... that was quite the mistake

We passed on Anderson because he wouldn't come on campus and interview. He just said offer me the job and I'll take it. What we did was not such a bad thing. We wanted Anderson, but he wouldn't go through a common process. I don't think the bridge is burned.

Also, wasn't there a different AD and President when we hired Lebo?

Yes, I think we would have a good chance to land Anderson. Anderson is from Birmingham and I bet he would like to come home.

Archived