Jacobs explains Lebo's termination

Thanks for sharing that.  I don't care what some of the Family thinks of Jacobs, he is a class individual and has what is best for Auburn in his heart.  The renewed commitment to basketball is long overdue.  I think Jacobs will get his man.  But it will come with a $$ price.  WDE JJ!!!!

I think Jay has Auburn's best interest in his heart.  He is an Auburn man and I am behind him and his decisions (whoever he thinks is best for AU).  I don't follow Basketball a whole lot, but I do like Mike Anderson and I know he would like to be back closer to home.  I am friends with his niece and I think Mike really wanted the Bama job....

We shall see what happens.... (Is is Sept. 4 yet)

WDE

Thanks for sharing that.  I don't care what some of the Family thinks of Jacobs, he is a class individual and has what is best for Auburn in his heart.  The renewed commitment to basketball is long overdue.  I think Jacobs will get his man.  But it will come with a $$ price.  WDE JJ!!!!

I agree and don't understand the JJ hatin' everybody's gushing over Chizik and rightfully so, but say JJ didn't make a splash? :dunno: All I know is that we will get someone who is an Auburn Man. and if he needs to be sold on AU then let Chizik have him for a few hours ;D

I think Jay has Auburn's best interest in his heart.  He is an Auburn man and I am behind him and his decisions (whoever he thinks is best for AU).  I don't follow Basketball a whole lot, but I do like Mike Anderson and I know he would like to be back closer to home.  I am friends with his niece and I think Mike really wanted the Bama job....

We shall see what happens.... (Is is Sept. 4 yet)

WDE

He must have not really wanted the Auburn job though. Wouldn`t come to town to interview before; what would be different now?

Trackemtigers is certainly stuck on hating Jay Jacobs and will not admit that he made a good move on Chizik even though they like Chizik and think he was the right hire, makes no sense.

My gripe about the whole Chizik hiring was the dishonesty with Tuberville leaving.  I think that Jacobs would ahve come out good if he had just told Auburn faithful the 100% truth instead of casting a shroud around the whole thing.  I think he interviewed the right people and hired the right person and then gave the right person complete freedom to hire his own staff and the resources to do it.

Personally, Jacobs has done everything right except when he opens his mouth to the press.

As for Lebo, I don't have an opinion on him personally since I don't follow basketball enough to make a good informed judgement.  I will say this about the situation, it is tough to recruit good players that want to make the leap to the NBA as fast as possible when you are never on tv, even in Alabama, and your arena stinks.  Whoever the new coach is, he will be way ahead of Lebo and have way more tools to sell to recruits.

I will miss Lebo... I liked the guy

I liked him too, but I will not miss his mediocre seasons.  I was glad that AU decided to go in another direction, but I take no joy in the firing of Lebo.  He was a classy guy. 

I also owe an apology for being wrong on JJ.  I did not think he would bite the bullet because of the buy out.  I think it was a tough decision, but needed to be done.  Leads me to agree that JJ has AU's best interests at heart and that we may be seeing a new dawn in AU BB

WAR EAGLE!!!!

:wedance:

From what I understand about the Tubbs Jacobs dealings were the Tubbs was told to make staff changes and he refused and said he would rather leave as opposed to staying and being told what to do with his staff. I don't think it would've been a good thing to hang the dirty laundry out for everyone to see. Same as most of us with our jobs, if you don't do what your boss says you get shown the door.

From what I understand about the Tubbs Jacobs dealings were the Tubbs was told to make staff changes and he refused and said he would rather leave as opposed to staying and being told what to do with his staff. I don't think it would've been a good thing to hang the dirty laundry out for everyone to see. Same as most of us with our jobs, if you don't do what your boss says you get shown the door.

That's not what happened. After JetGate, xCTT had it put in his contract that if we went looking for another coach again, he got to walk with the buyout. We did, and he did, and Jacobs lied about how it all went down. Now, I don't blame him so much for that because I think he was following orders, not to mention just trying to save face, but it's what happened.

I think that in the very near future, Auburn is going to be clicking in baseball, football, and basketball under coaches that Jacobs hired. Maybe then people will cut him some slack.

That's not what happened. After JetGate, xCTT had it put in his contract that if we went looking for another coach again, he got to walk with the buyout. We did, and he did, and Jacobs lied about how it all went down. Now, I don't blame him so much for that because I think he was following orders, not to mention just trying to save face, but it's what happened.

I think that in the very near future, Auburn is going to be clicking in baseball, football, and basketball under coaches that Jacobs hired. Maybe then people will cut him some slack.

This was also my understanding of what happened, that Jimmy Raines made a couple calls and Tuberville got wind of it and took his option to leave with cash.  I think part of the blame falls with the Tuberville camp on the smear that went on though also, if Tuberville came out and said that he had become unhappy with the conditions and that he was choosing to leave, I think it would have looked better than what happened.  And not to mention his mother coming out on radio saying that he was fired and Barkley coming out calling the whole thing racist.  The whole fiasco was a debacle from start to finish.

Archived