WHy is David Marsh now at some unknown college with no program

AuburnSpider

Im sorry just dosnt make sense to leave what he had at Au to just spend a season or two in the Olympics then to wind up at some nowhere school without a program.  Is it just me.

I don't believe David has left SwimMac in Charlotte. A local college has started men's & women's swimming programs and David is going to help them find a swim coach and help get the program started. You can read about it here:

http://www.swimmaccarolina.org/coaches-blog.html

under the title :

Queens University of Charlotte Adds Men's and Women's Swimming

the last I heard... he said he accomplished everything he wanted to at Auburn... he wanted to move on to a simple life style.

I believe he is right... what more could he do?

he left us in great shape and the winning has continued since he left.

kudos to what he accomplished!

It sounds like he wanted to stop and smell the roses.  It takes a tremendous amount of time and effort to get a program to the level Auburn was at. He reached the top of the mountain and now he just wants to relax, spend time with family, and just be happy.  More power to him if he is able to do that. He left us in great shape so Thank you Mr. March and  :wareagle:

• 1 month later...

It sounds like he wanted to stop and smell the roses.  It takes a tremendous amount of time and effort to get a program to the level Auburn was at. He reached the top of the mountain and now he just wants to relax, spend time with family, and just be happy.  More power to him if he is able to do that. He left us in great shape so Thank you Mr. March and  :wareagle:

wish i could do that!!! haha

• 2 weeks later...

That SwimMac job in Charlotte is different from college coaching, but still very demanding. I think Marsh wanted a change of pace rather than an easy gig.

• 2 weeks later...

He left to become more involved in Olympic level swimming and to continue post graduate development for Olympic level swimmers.  Charlotte is one of the US Swimming Olympic development sites that he is running.  One of the problems that he had at AU was becoming THE OLYMPIC HEAD COACH.  Somehow there is a scoring system that he did not score well on with the number of foreign swimmers that he developed and was never able to be THE COACH.  Also he wished to help post grad swimmers make connections in the business world for life after swimming and Charlotte was a much better place for that.

Archived