Barbee...basketball version of Trooper Taylor!?

jvsmith83

From what little I have seen and read of Barbee, I believe this is a perfect fit for Auburn.  The common mantra of family, character, and great recruiting is becoming something that Chizik has brought to Auburn University....  and JJacobs seems to be a quick study...  I can see Barbee high fiving TT now, when basketball gets a bigtime commitment...

Young, energetic and being a part of the Auburn family is what we needed for Auburn BB..  I wrote last week a couple of post on why I thought we did not need a "splash" (Tubby or Anderson)...  I felt like they might come in and be bigger than Auburn University and have to mentally compete with the football program...  And with their salary requirements..  they would have been compared to the football program and coaches ad nausium in the media...possibly causing friction immediately

I am excited about basketball...  This only remaining questions for me is can he recruit great bb players (with character) and loyality to Auburn.....  And is that even possible with the NBA mentally of these kids coming out of high school.....

Just WIN baby!!!  But please do it the Auburn way.. as is being done in football!!

:we: :we:

Archived