What happened to Barbee on CBS?

susbu58

I read a post on this site that Coach Barbee was going to be in the CBS studio this weekend.  I checked Saturday and Sunday and didn't see him.  Does anyone know if this was just a rumor or did he or CBS make a change? :believe:

He really did a great job.

Very articulate and detailed in his off the cuff analysis.

Very knowledgeable about the styles being played and coach's leading the teams.

AND able to plug Auburn and the SEC without showboating.

Very sharp.

I echo stealthy's sentiments.  I watched Coach Barbee on Friday night and some Saturday and he was very thoughtful, intelligent, and confident.  I think he'll make a great basketball analyst or commentator when he gets through coaching.

I hate that I missed that!  I was looking for it this weekend too.  I forgot about the CBS College Sports (just switched to DISH Network and not used to it yet).  Glad to hear that he did well.

I saw it also.  Very impressive.

One thing that stood out to me was the fact that he has contacts all over the basketball world, so to speak.  You could tell by the way he spoke about the different coaches and programs.

I stayed close to the tv most of the weekend and I never saw him on there. Did they talk about him becoming our coach and what did he say?

I stayed close to the tv most of the weekend and I never saw him on there. Did they talk about him becoming our coach and what did he say?

He was on CBS College Sports network not the regular CBS.

I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for the info. I figured there was a last minute change since he took the Auburn job and wouldn't be able to make it.

Archived