ATLANTA BRAVES THREAD!

Ronald McDonald

Someone wanna explain why Bobby didn't let Huddy throw a complete game shutout? Other than that it was a great game, and the Phils are losing 1-0 top of the ninth.

After a blown save you wanna give your closer a chance to redeem himself as soon as you can. Otherwise he may start thinking too much and doubt himself in his next appearance. It's all head games as a closer. It really couldn't have worked out better for Bobby in that regard.

Plus, Timmy had thrown 112 pitches and didn't have the movement in the 8th that he did earlier in the game.

Yep, great news. Got a 2 game lead now. Def. not enough but its a hell of a lot better than a 1 game lead. We need Lowe to step up and perform tomorrow. First pitch is t 12:35 CST. Set your alarms  :thumbsup:

Someone wanna explain why Bobby didn't let Huddy throw a complete game shutout? Other than that it was a great game, and the Phils are losing 1-0 top of the ninth.

After a blown save you wanna give your closer a chance to redeem himself as soon as you can. Otherwise he may start thinking too much and doubt himself in his next appearance. It's all head games as a closer. It really couldn't have worked out better for Bobby in that regard.

Plus, Timmy had thrown 112 pitches and didn't have the movement in the 8th that he did earlier in the game.

Very true about Billy I forgot about that. I didn't see the last few innings so i don't know how Huddy was doing, but IMHO I think he couldve thrown the complete game. He deserved it at least in my opinion for how he performed today

Hudson really isn't a complete game pitcher. He throws a lot of pitches because he isn't really considered a "strike out" pitcher like Halladay and Jiminez and others that record a lot of complete games. Huddy did his job tonight and he should be in the running for the Cy Young because he's been the most consistent pitcher all year long!

Very true about Billy I forgot about that. I didn't see the last few innings so i don't know how Huddy was doing, but IMHO I think he couldve thrown the complete game. He deserved it at least in my opinion for how he performed today

There's no doubt Huddy could of done it. He didn't even go ice his arm after he was relieved in the 8th inning.

Weagle - I agree that you let a closer redeem himself as soon as possible but I don't worry about him doubting himself so much simply because of how long he has been doing it.

There's no doubt Huddy could of done it.  He didn't even go ice his arm after he was relieved in the 8th inning.

Weagle - I agree that you let a closer redeem himself as soon as possible but I don't worry about him doubting himself so much simply because of how long he has been doing it.

Ha yea that's true. I guess a guy who's 40 years old with 400+ saves and an agent named Bean Stringfellow doesn't really have confidence issues...

They got the W,Im sure thats all Huddy cares about.Complete games are almost a stat that has lost all relevance in the past 15-20 years.Managers just dont use starters and releivers like they used to.If a starter goes 6 innings a manager can live with that if they are still in the game,and then its on to the long-reliever,to the set-up guy to the closer.The way a game is managed has made the comp-lete game pretty much obsolete.Check and see who is leading the league with complete games this year and compare it to say the leaders in the mid 70's or even the mid 80's-90's its not even the same game.Its all about money,managers are trying to protect their investment I guess,since starting pitchers make the big bucks.

Now that that rant is over,I wish Huddy would've gotten the complete game also :laugh:

Managers now days watch the pitch count like its a stop watch. With Huddys count getting close to 120 they were happy to get thur the 8th inning with him. I will say Billy looked fantastic with 3 K's in the 9th. Keep your finger crossed with D. Lowe pitching. He usually needs some run support.

Its early but Lowe seems to already be having control issues. I hope I'm wrong. Brooks in in for Chipper, Melky for Heyward, and Ross for McCann. Great catch by Infante!