ATLANTA BRAVES THREAD!

Ronald McDonald

I loved Omar and I respect what he did for the Braves this year; but do you want bloop hits or doubles, triples, and homers.  I like it!!  I wish we could keep Dunn.  He was nasty at the end.

I could be wrong but Ug will only be for one year. He just turned down a 4 year $50 Mil. contract from the Marlins. The way I look at it is Omar was on his last year of his option so why not trade.

I could be wrong but Ug will only be for one year. He just turned down a 4 year $50 Mil. contract from the Marlins. The way I look at it is Omar was on his last year of his option so why not trade.

we will prolly be able to re-sign him

Don't hold your breath on that. Braves paying a second baseman for more then $12 million a year. Not sure they will have that kind of money after next year. Don't get me wrong I think it is a good trade. I just don't see the Bravos signing him after this coming year.

Don't hold your breath on that. Braves paying a second baseman for more then $12 million a year. Not sure they will have that kind of money after next year. Don't get me wrong I think it is a good trade. I just don't see the Bravos signing him after this coming year.

Totally agree.

So...Uggla at second,gonzo SS Chipper third,,where is Prado going to play? I guess left feild if Chipper come back.

I think Uggla will be in left, but Prado can play left as well. Played left in the Arizona Fall League.

I don't know, Chipper's payroll will like be cleared as well as Lowe's by the end of next year.  If Uggla contributes like he has the past few years, the Braves might throw a little extra his way to keep him.

From what i've heard Prado will play left or third depending on how Chipper recovers from knee surgery. I'm kinda up in the air on this trade. It does give us the bat we needed so bad but it also takes away our best bat from last year. Plus i think it takes away from us defensively, Ugla has never been a good fielder and being 30 means he isn't going to suddenly get more range. But we had to get a big right handed bat that could drive in some runs and we did that without giving up any starting pitchers. In the end if we can sign him then i'll say its a good trade, if not then its a push so I don't think we can lose so thats good.

And as far as signing him, if that money wasn't enough in Florida then we will not sign him. Hopefully he was upset about some moves in the organization and it was more than money that made him not sign that deal.

Here's something that blew me away!  Our friends at ESPN said they figured our infield would be Freeman at first, Uggla at 2nd, Gonzo at short, and Chip at 3rd.  They said Prado would move back to his role as a utility man.  What are they thinking?!  Please tell me there's no way this happens.  He's turned into a bonafide all star caliber player.    

Here's something that blew me away!  Our friends at ESPN said they figured our infield would be Freeman at first, Uggla at 2nd, Gonzo at short, and Chip at 3rd.  They said Prado would move back to his role as a utility man.  What are they thinking?!  Please tell me there's no way this happens.  He's turned into a bonafide all star caliber player.    

:laugh: Didn't hear that.  So we have an All-Star who was fighting for a batting title the previous year and we will just delegate him to a utility role.  Thats a good way to have a short managerial career.

Yeah that's not very smart. Prado is an every day guy

^^This^^ and I also forgot we may clear some money up if Chipper can't come back next year. Thanks for pointing that out ChuckTownTiger.

IMO our lineup will be.

1st Prado/Freeman on Prado's off days

2nd Uggla

SS  Gonzo

3rd Chip/Prado on chips off days/Freeman will play 1st

C MC

Lf Diaz/Heinski

C our next move/Nate

RF Heyward

IMO our lineup will be.

2nd Uggla

SS  Gonzo

C MC

Lf Diaz/Heinski

C our next move/Nate

RF Heyward

I read that Prado is moving to left and freeman will be our every day guy

IMO our lineup will be.

2nd Uggla

SS  Gonzo

C MC

Lf Diaz/Heinski

C our next move/Nate

RF Heyward

I read that Prado is moving to left and freeman will be our every day guy

That's what I heard as well. Either way I like it. I'm gonna miss Omar but Dan Uggla, talk about getting some power!

Arthur Blank if you are reading this thread please buy the Atlanta Braves!!!!!!!

Is this actually a possibility?  I've only heard just randomly thrown out but didn't know if there was really any meat on the bone.

Arthur Blank if you are reading this thread please buy the Atlanta Braves!!!!!!!

Is this actually a possibility?  I've only heard just randomly thrown out but didn't know if there was really any meat on the bone.

My understanding is he has no desired to own the Braves. fwiw