Basketball Recruiting Update

AUSportTalk

Hey guys and gals; this is going to  be a transition year for AU, unless Barbee pulls off some miracles...

We need to give him a break this year and focus on getting a strong class in here next year...

Barbee is trying to achieve that goal as we speak... He is the right man for this job.. Let him do his thing

:beatmullet::pcprobs::banghead:

unless we lose several off of the current squad and a couple of recruits; there won`t be any or many slots next year. we don`t have any upper classmen to lose.

Why exactly does it have to take a couple of years? Basketball is not like football: one or two players can completely transform a team much, much more easily.

Why exactly does it have to take a couple of years? Basketball is not like football: one or two players can completely transform a team much, much more easily.

I agree completely... I hate to say it but a phenom at 18 in high school for basketball is going to excel at the college level.

Sad but True.

John Wall and Demarcus Cousins rings a bell right?

:believe: :believe

As evidence of what one player can do for a team look at what Chris Porter did for the '99 team.  I think we need a big strong forward in our line up.  Hope Barbee lives up to his reputation as a recruiter and brings in Luke C. from Huntsville.

I agree completely... I hate to say it but a phenom at 18 in high school for basketball is going to excel at the college level.Sad but True.

John Wall and Demarcus Cousins rings a bell right?

Agreed but we don`t have a long history of attracting those phenoms. Would be a monumental acheivement fo Barbee to do that now. Not saying he can`t but it is a bit of a stretch in his first year.

Agreeing with most of the posters.  This is the mark of a great team builder.  He needs to get guys he can trust and that he enpowers.  You can't have just anybody on your side when you go into battle.  You have to have guys that will move mountains for you.

Word is Cothron will be visiting in the next week. If Barbee can get him to Auburn I think he'll sign, but UK could have something to say about it since they need a replacement for Cousins.

Word is Cothron will be visiting in the next week. If Barbee can get him to Auburn I think he'll sign, but UK could have something to say about it since they need a replacement for Cousins.

He is said to be a backup plan for Kentucky in case Coach Cal doesn't get the guys who are priority for him.

Steele is an outstanding player. Yes, he played for a 2A school. However, that was in a state that has only three classifications for basketball. He is desired by a lot of big time programs. I am excited about Barbee but we don't know what type of players he'll sign until he actually signs some.

Archived