Question about scheduling

muchado

If I recall correctly he said something about building a schedule that gives his team the best opportunity to make it to the dance. So that means playing better teams. I would like to see a game against UAB.

If I recall correctly he said something about building a schedule that gives his team the best opportunity to make it to the dance. So that means playing better teams. I would like to see a game against UAB.

I'd love to see that as well. I grew up going to a ton of UAB games. In recent years I've seen them beat a top notch Louisville team twice, Memphis, Butler this year, and UK in the tourney. Sadly, it probably won't ever cuz it's a lose-lose situation for us. If we win, then cool we were supposed to win; if we lose, the small team in the state beat the big one. I guess it could happen though

IMO, playing UAB would not be a lose-lose situation.  At this point for Auburn, a win against UAB would be a good win and a loss would be a quality loss.  UAB was onre of the last teams eliminated from the NCAA tournament this past season.  Their basketball credibility is better than ours at this point.  Of course, we all know that will be changing very quickly now.   

It's not like Auburn playing UAB would be setting some kind of precedent. We used to play them every Friday prior to the Iron Bowl FB game. Maybe it was Lebo that stopped that?

IMO, playing UAB would not be a lose-lose situation.  At this point for Auburn, a win against UAB would be a good win and a loss would be a quality loss.  UAB was onre of the last teams eliminated from the NCAA tournament this past season.  Their basketball credibility is better than ours at this point.  Of course, we all know that will be changing very quickly now.   

good point. very quickly indeed...bring on Cothron!

Is the game vs UNC still on the table?

I'd think not. That was discussed as UNC doing a favor for Beloved Son Lebo. It wasn't past the daydream stage anyway. I think it's pretty sure they won't be coming now, if they ever were.

I completely agree with you. Now if we were to play UAB in FOOTBALL it would be a "lose-lose" situation

What do yall think about playing Troy and UAB?

UAB - Yes

Troy - No

I think Troy is actually one of those "lose-lose" situations. Like last year, we should have beat them but didn't and we looked horrible. Granted we weren't that great but still we should not have lost to them, especially at home.

I still would love to see UNC in here.  They are down right now.  I had my brother from Raleigh, NC (UNC fan and not a NCSU fan) at the Ironbowl this last year.  He converted sometime in the 2nd quarter.  He is 100%+ an Auburn fan right now.  When we walked by the new stadium he was impressed.  He is constantly asking me about the chance for this.  I agree that I don't think this ever got past a "verbal wish" and has been forgotten.  I don't think anyone could argue over that being a PLUS on our schedule. If we can't fill every seat in the house for that game.... 

Archived