Luke Cothran

Rivals has an article regarding Cotharn talking about his Auburn visit, but I am not a member.  What have you heard about the visit?

Basically that he loved the visit.  He loved the new arena and said it is going to be loud.  He also said that he loved coach Barbee and his staff and was glad that he brought his whole staff from UTEP.  It said that he will announce this week (unk. date and time) and that his final teams are Auburn, Kentucky, UConn, and Tenessee. Nothing different from the stuff reported on this site.  The articles on Auburn Eagle front page pretty much cover it all. 

Rivals has an article regarding Cotharn talking about his Auburn visit, but I am not a member.  What have you heard about the visit?

Not Rivals, but I'll be seriously shocked if he doesn't pick AU....FWIW.

Does he have a firm offer from Kentucky? If so, and we get him, he will be the first recruit we get away from Kentucky since guard Gerald White back in the 1980's.

White had a firm offer from Kentucky. We've signed a few players that were "recruited by Kentucky", which usually means a Ky. assistant coach stopped by to say hello and might have even looked at a film clip or two, but that's a long way from having a firm scholarship offer.

There could be one since then, but I don't remember that happening.

MikeP,

He hasn't had a firm offer from UK, he has been a back-up plan.  Unfortunately, word is Kentucky started making a move since they lost that kid to kid to UW a couple days ago.  We will have to wait & see if he wants to be UK's 2nd choice, or our 1st choice.

According to Rivals he has the following offers;

School          Interest    Offer 

Auburn         High           Offered

Connecticut Medium   Offered

Kentucky         Medium   Offered

Tennessee         Medium   Offered

Alabama         Low           Offered

Arkansas         Low           Offered

Louisville         Low           Offered

Marquette         Low           Offered

Mississippi St Low           Offered

N. Carolina St Low           Offered

Oklahoma         Low           Offered

UAB                 Low           Offered

Yeah, he's a Kentucky back up plan.  They lost one to UW.  But it sounds like he's sold on AU.  He would be the center piece of our team.  A team that is on the rise.  That is a big bonus.

Thanks, guys. Backup plan or not, it seems he has a firm offer from Kentucky. Unless there's somebody I don't remember, if he signs with us that will be the first one in 25+ years.

Sonds good with Langford, Cothron, Ward we should contend quickly.

And Shawn Kemp.

This would be weierd for Auburn in recent years. Langford, Cothron, Kemp all playing forward and center. For once we will be stronger in the trenches then in the backcourt.  That is not a knock on Sullivan and Ward (if he does transfer) but I am so used to seeing small ball and smaller ball at Auburn it will be nice to have some people you can post up and also who can drive to the hole with authority.

That will make both Sullivan and Ward that much better.  If a couple of the other current players can step up and add needed depth we could be a very good team in Coach Barbee-s first year.

:wareagle::party::we::party: 

This would be weierd for Auburn in recent years. Langford, Cothron, Kemp all playing forward and center. For once we will be stronger in the trenches then in the backcourt.  That is not a knock on Sullivan and Ward (if he does transfer) but I am so used to seeing small ball and smaller ball at Auburn it will be nice to have some people you can post up and also who can drive to the hole with authority.

That will make both Sullivan and Ward that much better.  If a couple of the other current players can step up and add needed depth we could be a very good team in Coach Barbee-s first year.

:wareagle::party::we::party: 

Yeah the amount of size for these three will pay big dividends for us. Basketball is played inside-out

Frankie is a great fit for the dribble drive offense. he's got a great game around the rim and I'm sure he's excited a change was made. Frankie, Ward, and Wallace will be a nice little tandem at guard next season. Crossing my fingers on Ward of course

edit: forgot to mention Malone. His size is going to really be a threat in this offense. I like him better when he's driving anyway.

Not Rivals, but I'll be seriously shocked if he doesn't pick AU....FWIW.

^THIS^

Archived