Charles Barkley Shoutout

kAmU

Charles Barkley gave Auburn and Coach Barbee a shoutout during the TNT NBA Halftime Show saying we would be in the top 25 at the end of next year! Do you think we'll be top 25 or possibly higher?

Barkley was responding to McDyess about Auburn football. He wasn't talking about basketball. He did guarantee Auburn would finish in the top 25 though...

Barkley was responding to McDyess about Auburn football. He wasn't talking about basketball. He did guarantee Auburn would finish in the top 25 though...

oh... well anyway, I think we can say for both programs have a very good chance at achieving that goal!

Frankly, I cringe when I hear the words "Barkley", "national television", and "Auburn". Never know what that crazy dude is gonna say.

Chuck is a unique individual. His craft in trade is why he often makes so many outrageous statements. I believe he truly loves Auburn but sometimes his putting his foot in his mouth gets him in trouble.

That said despite his antics I like the guy but I some times do get exasperated by him.

I know a lot of people will come down on me for saying I like him. Before you do remember what your Mom taught you when you were growing up. If you can't say something nice about somebody don't say anything.

:wareagle:  :wedance::party::we:

cliftgw, you are right.

Charles is very opinionated and sometimes comes off as an a$$.  But, that is just his public persona.

I have met and talked to Charles several times over the years.  I was acquainted with his late brother Daryl (who by the way had an outstanding personality himself.  You definitely knew when Daryl was in the room).

Anyway, Charles is very much like all of us.  He is committed to his family.  He is very polite and generous as well.

Everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinion though, so take this FWIW.

Edit: Hey!  This is my 50th post.  Tiger Cub no more!

I won't come down on you Clift, I have always been a Barkley fan and I always will be. I know he says some goofy things, but all of us do. He is still an Auburn man. WDE Charles!

Hey I can't hate the guy.  He bought me numerous drinks on multiple occasions so he's all good in my book!

This is turrible, turrible . . . lol

Barkley isn't all bad, he can say some pretty crazy/funny stuff

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/c/charles_barkley.html

Best quotation, Game Day, AU-UT game, "that light at the end of the tunnel is sometimes a train"!!!  I actually broke a love-seat that night jumping up and down, cheering every big play and score!!!!

WAR EAGLE!!!

Barkley is dead to me.  I can only handle so many dumbarse comments and when he started making the hiring of Chizik a racial issue...dead

I guess when ya got alot of $$$$ you can say what you want and not care about what others think!!  Thats what $$$ does to people... I grew up around alot of snot nosed brats whose parents own and still own companies you shop at and eat at and do business with everyday...and do they think they are better than you?  Hell yes they do... But, charles I have met and drank with a few times and he is a down to earth type person, Only reason i think I get along with him is because we both speak the way we feel..If, I think something is wrong, i will tell you and so would he. Let people have there own opinions whether you agree with them or not..Maybe thats why i am divorced, I spoke the truth too much!!..LOL!!!!!!!!  :partey::hellyeah:

Archived