Harsh Criticism

Guys.. .this is Coach Paw's SECOND YEAR!!!  We had a goal of making the SEC tourney for the first time since 2003 and achieved that goal. We EXCEEDED expectations by winning our division for the first time in FIFTEEN YEARS! We led the nation in homeruns and slugging percentage, while compiling the best overall offensive stats in the country in the NCAA's toughest conference. Instead of being so critical, enjoy this team! Coach Paw's teams will be different than this, and probably better overall, but we need to get behind these guys and cheer them on and quit being so negative! If this group gets hot, we can go a long ways! We need to get EVERYONE out to the ballpark and we need to get loud!

Very well said scrambledog!!  Let's be happy with the miles they have come this season.  They are building a foundation for the future of Auburn Baseball.  This team is more than capable of making a run towards Omaha. 

I completely agree. Coach Pawlowski has achieved alot with this team and I think it will continue to get better with him as our coach. I have loved going to watch games this year and look forward to watching more at Plainsman Park this next weekend. WDE!!!

Guys.. .this is Coach Paw's SECOND YEAR!!!  We had a goal of making the SEC tourney for the first time since 2003 and achieved that goal. We EXCEEDED expectations by winning our division for the first time in FIFTEEN YEARS! We led the nation in homeruns and slugging percentage, while compiling the best overall offensive stats in the country in the NCAA's toughest conference. Instead of being so critical, enjoy this team! Coach Paw's teams will be different than this, and probably better overall, but we need to get behind these guys and cheer them on and quit being so negative! If this group gets hot, we can go a long ways! We need to get EVERYONE out to the ballpark and we need to get loud!

Dude, the douche bags that are complaining about coach Paw have never followed baseball and are just now jumping on the train.  Most of these d-bags think he came from Coastal C.  They just like to complain.  I love the job coach Paw has done and I hope we keep him for years.  He's one of the best college coach's in the country.  Glad to have'em. 

not only that but look at what he's done with Coastal Carolina...47-7. With his players.

He wasn't at Coastal Carolina. He came to Auburn from College of Charleston.

As for "Harsh Criticism", I don't think anybody's being harsh. I haven't seen anybody calling for the coach's head.

What's being talked about is certain aspects of this team, which is what all sports fans talk about: Their team, its good and bad points and so forth.

It's amazing how fickle we can be as fans and I'm talking about myself too. I was furious after the Ole Miss game especially seeing FIVE errors... BUT remember earlier this year when we were 7th in the SEC and just praying to make the tourney? Well now we're the SEC West Champions and will be hosting out own regional! We have a lot to be excited about! Yes the SEC Tourney was disappointing but it was great tourney experience for these guys. Not a single one has played in postseason ball. Now they have three games of experience under their belt. Also remember we didn't play with Fletcher for 2 games and Mummey for one. Let's relax and be excited about the season we've had and get ready for regional play!  :we:

Everyone on this board is die hard Auburn and wants our boys to win. Has this season been more fun than some of the last several years ? Hell yes. Has our O been good ? No, it has been better than good and at times FANTASTC ! Has our pitching been good ? It has been good and bad with not much in between. Has our D been good ? We have had our moments, but at BEST we have been very inconsistent and our D has been more weak than anything else. What has driven me nuts is our fundamentals have been weak and inconsistent all year. Yes, this is Coach P's second year, but he did NOT get a depleted team. Slater was a good recruiter, but could not coach. In my opinion given this is year #2 for Coach P our team should be showing improvement in pitching, D and more consistent in both areas. 

War Eagle !

not only that but look at what he's done with Coastal Carolina...47-7. With his players.

>:(.....see my above post

I think we're behind Auburn and this team as much as we can be. I don't think it has been overly harsh. We all get emotional during sports and that is what makes it fun. I don't think anyone should be calling for a coaching change. I have not heard anything from anyone about that matter. Auburn is on the rise and I've enjoyed watching this season. War Eagle!!

Baseball is like no other sport or maybe like a marathon. You have to be in there for the long haul and look how today effects tomorrow. This team has made tremendous strides this year so I suggest we jump in for the long haul and not the flash in the pan. WDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, the douche bags that are complaining about coach Paw have never followed baseball and are just now jumping on the train.  Most of these d-bags think he came from Coastal C.  They just like to complain.  I love the job coach Paw has done and I hope we keep him for years.  He's one of the best college coach's in the country.  Glad to have'em. 

Ok, first of all I'm sure I'm one of the people you are talking about. I have in fact followed baseball ALL year long. I did make some comments about him after the Alabama game. I think we were very over confident in that game. I could tell by the way the players were conducting themselves before and during the game. To me that is coaching. It is my opinion and I can have one just like anybody else. I never said he should be fired or he is a terrible coach etc. I am very proud of what he has done with what I would call a horrible program prior to his arrival. I also think we will continue to get better under his leadership. As far as the name calling, to me that has no place here on this board no matter what the situation is. There are much better ways to get your point across than to act classless like that. That is just like the actions of the fans of that other school in this state.

Some of you guys just do not understand baseball. This team does not have outstanding pitching. It will take time to recruit and develop pitching. That does not come overnight. I still say that many of you are too critical. This is the first step toward gaining back some respectability. Those of you who have done some coaching and playing know that these things do not come quickly. What a wonderful job Coach Paw has done. You can teach a player fundementals, where to back up, positioning, decision making, etc, but you cannot turn guys who are not good defensive players into Brooks Robinson. Not even in the pros! Coach Paws teams will look different than this team. Let's support these guys and get the fire going. They are the groundwork for better team to come!

Some of you guys just do not understand baseball. This team does not have outstanding pitching. It will take time to recruit and develop pitching. That does not come overnight. I still say that many of you are too critical. This is the first step toward gaining back some respectability. Those of you who have done some coaching and playing know that these things do not come quickly. What a wonderful job Coach Paw has done. You can teach a player fundementals, where to back up, positioning, decision making, etc, but you cannot turn guys who are not good defensive players into Brooks Robinson. Not even in the pros! Coach Paws teams will look different than this team. Let's support these guys and get the fire going. They are the groundwork for better team to come!

great post......i can't understand how people can complain about Coach Paw during his 2nd season. 

Just remember Coach Paw., you can please some of the fans sometimes but you can't please everyone all the time...keep up the good work. No doubt you know how to build a baseball program. I for one feel that we are lucky to have you as our coach. I'm completely satisfied and look forward to the regional tournament on Friday night...WDE!!! :thumbsup: 

Archived