Justin Garrett

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we becoming a player for Justin Garrett? Any truth that Kris Frost may be backing away from Auburn rumor that's circulating on other boards?

I think some folks might be getting Kris and Chris Jones mixed up. Haven't seen what you're talking about but that would be my guess.

I think it's more about getting two WR commits that originally weren't  on the board and , therefore, our coaches were covering themselves since others on the board were slipping...i.e.  Morrow, Sumler, and even Frost and Woodson.  I realize we are recruiting Frost as an athlete,  but many look at him as a WR.  This is theory only because I have no info about the other three mentioned, either pro or con.

Guest jthaub

Are we becoming a player for Justin Garrett? Any truth that Kris Frost may be backing away from Auburn rumor that's circulating on other boards?

i havent heard any of these rumors, but have been wondering that. i talked to kris before the last camp back in june and he said he wants to play wr and that is where we are recruiting him. with the addition of Coates and possibly Denson, and the probability of us resigning J Rich, logic says we are done at WR. it will be interesting to see how our coaches handle the numbers at certain positions this year. IMO we dont have room for 4 receivers with needs elsewhere

Regardless, of whether we sign Coates and Denson, and re-sign Richardson... IMO there is NO way we pass on Frost... who, BTW, has NOT cooled on AU!  :)

Regardless, of whether we sign Coates and Denson, and re-sign Richardson... IMO there is NO way we pass on Frost... who, BTW, has NOT cooled on AU!  :)

Im certainly fine with us taking Frost as well... that kid is quite a talent.

Guest jthaub

thats what i figured. DJ. thanx. but couldnt help the thought crossing my mind. this is a kid who could be a stud at WR or LB

Nice pun there DJ!! 

Agree with staying with Frost, but I believe Woodson is thawing out on the counter.  Sorry, the Fridge is full of great receivers Dan!

WDE!

Nice pun there DJ!! 

Can't claim that I did that one on purpose!  :laugh: But that's what happens when you get to my level, AUsome'ness just comes out, when you don't even expect it to!  :cool:

Nice pun there DJ!! 

Can't claim that I did that one on purpose!  :laugh: But that's what happens when you get to my level, AUsome'ness just comes out, when you don't even expect it to!  :cool:

lol!  I doubt you'll get any argument from anyone on here about that. Just keep giving us our fix.....

The coaches need to get this kid.  He is rated a 3 star on rivals but he has an extremely impressive offer sheet.  I am not worried about his weight.  Most of the stats put up on the recruiting sites are old.  These measurements could have been from the beginning of his sophomore year.  Plus, he will probably add more lbs this year and into the end of the school year.  Just saying....if he were to sign he could easily be around 215-220 by next year.

Garrett took a visit to Auburn with his parents today. He told AUC we are his leader and he wants to decide before the season starts.

I saw that. AUsome news.

Garrett took a visit to Auburn with his parents today. He told AUC we are his leader and he wants to decide before the season starts.

I knew he was visiting today but that's great to hear. Anyone have info on him taking more visits elsewhere in the next few weeks? The time is running out pretty quickly before the season starts.

Many of you are very high on this kid;  I just don't know enough to get super-excited.  DJ, Jonesy, help me get fired up, because it sounds like he's gonna come a-knockin".

Many of you are very high on this kid;  I just don't know enough to get super-excited.  DJ, Jonesy, help me get fired up, because it sounds like he's gonna come a-knockin".

Working on it now, pops!  :thumbsup:

We just got to trust our coaches and not rely so much on the recruiting services. All our coaches received big raises during the off season. They know with more money, comes more expectations and they understand that. With our Senior laiden team and favorable schedule, i expect a lot this season.

Success on the field breeds great recruiting and i think we will have both.

Nice pun there DJ!! 

Thank you for allowing us to sit @ your feet...it is rare to find one with such sweet skills... :)

Archived