Justin Garrett

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest WarTiger

I saw that and was wondering the same thing. At 6'2 185lbs he needs to put on a minimum of 25lbs and probably closer to 40lbs. Im not sure he will be able to do that.

I saw that and was wondering the same thing. At 6'2 185lbs he needs to put on a minimum of 25lbs and probably closer to 40lbs. Im not sure he will be able to do that.

Then.... Antonio Coleman as a hs senior: 6'2 216lbs OLB

ANTONIOCOLEMAN1150.JPG

Now... Antonio Coleman 6'2 260lb BEAST!

medium_AntoinoColeman.JPG

The last thing you should worry about is Auburn's ability to help him gain weight/muscle. :wedance:

ANTONIOCOLEMAN1150.JPG

The last thing you should worry about is Auburn's ability to help him gain weight/muscle. :wedance:

Nice!! Let him get yoxercised, and he could be a beast

remember we are trying to get more athletic and quicker at the LB spot a la Daren Bates, Garrett comes in and after a redshirt year will be at a solid weight to play the rover position i think we are trying for with Bates

remember we are trying to get more athletic and quicker at the LB spot a la Daren Bates, Garrett comes in and after a redshirt year will be at a solid weight to play the rover position i think we are trying for with Bates

Agreed, don't be surprised if we start taking the smaller quicker type of linebackers. This was chiziks way when he was d-coordinater. Like the Swain kid i think his name is. Bet you a dollar he ends up at linebacker...

Agreed, don't be surprised if we start taking the smaller quicker type of linebackers. This was chiziks way when he was d-coordinater. Like the Swain kid i think his name is. Bet you a dollar he ends up at linebacker...

Start? That's all we got when Tubs was here. I believe Roof is more into bigger linebackers with athleticism.

I believe that they want one guy that can be a hybrid type player so they can switch seemlessly between a 4-2-5 and a 4-3 to show different looks and I always thought that the defenses under tubs werent the problem until his last few years which could be due to a few guys that didnt pan out.  Additionally, it seems like the guys that they are trying to get now are much higher rated the the recruits tubs was pulling in

The defense was never a problem under xCTT. After Auburn beat MSU 3-2 in 08, my father said that as much as he hated to admit it, the team reminded him of the 92 Alabama team in that they had just enough offense to win. As the season went on, the defense got worn down by the offensive issues. Tubs liked recruiting the "tweeners" to play linebacker.

Thanks Clawz.

The defense was never a problem under xCTT. After Auburn beat MSU 3-2 in 98, my father said that as much as he hated to admit it, the team reminded him of the 92 Alabama team in that they had just enough offense to win. As the season went on, the defense got worn down by the offensive issues. Tubs liked recruiting the "tweeners" to play linebacker.

LOL!!!  hmmm, Hey Rednilla.... I take it you meant 3-2 in 2008... :tease:

The defense was never a problem under xCTT. After Auburn beat MSU 3-2 in 98, my father said that as much as he hated to admit it, the team reminded him of the 92 Alabama team in that they had just enough offense to win. As the season went on, the defense got worn down by the offensive issues. Tubs liked recruiting the "tweeners" to play linebacker.

LOL!! Yeah, oops. Sorry, my girlfriend's little brother and sister are over and distracting. Not sure where 98 came from though. :P

LOL!! Yeah, oops. Sorry, my girlfriend's little brother and sister are over and distracting. Not sure where 98 came

from though. :P

98 would have been nice

Guest WarTiger

ANTONIOCOLEMAN1150.JPG

Coleman aready had 30lbs on this kid. And every player is different. Im not sure he can gain the wait is all I was saying. And FYI Coleman weighed 248 at the Auburn Pro Day, not 260.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest auwrangler

ANTONIOCOLEMAN1150.JPG

Coleman aready had 30lbs on this kid. And every player is different. Im not sure he can gain the wait is all I was saying. And FYI Coleman weighed 248 at the Auburn Pro Day, not 260.

coleman cut weight in order to show his ability as a linebacker in a 3-4 scheme. he played around the 255 to 260 range the last 2 seasons.

• 5 weeks later...

Are we becoming a player for Justin Garrett? Any truth that Kris Frost may be backing away from Auburn rumor that's circulating on other boards?

Yes to Garrett. No to Frost. Frost still has Auburn as his leader.

Are we becoming a player for Justin Garrett? Any truth that Kris Frost may be backing away from Auburn rumor that's circulating on other boards?

I think some folks might be getting Kris and Chris Jones mixed up. Haven't seen what you're talking about but that would be my guess.

Archived