No more baseball for me

WaReAgLe83

I'm done. I give up. I've been pulling for a Cubs-Red Sox series since mid-September. What happens? I watch both of them come 5 outs away and still lose. Man, I'm an Auburn football fan, I don't need any more stress in October!! Seriously, I've thought about it, and I just can't root for the Marlins or the Yankees. :( Oh what might have been though...

I can't think of a more boring World Series than Yankees-Marlins. UGH! We could've had Red Sox-Cubs! I'm just sick. I won't be watching any of the WS. I'd have more fun watching paint dry.

I can't think of a more boring World Series than Yankees-Marlins

are you kiddin me? this will be exciting as hell. marlins play with fight every single play. this WS is much better then sox/cubs

Go Marlins.......or anybody playing the Yanks! Can't stand them. Maybe the Fins can play enough sound baseball to stop them.

are you kiddin me? this will be exciting as hell. marlins play with fight every single play. this WS is much better then sox/cubs

No, I'm not kidding. The Marlins do nothing for me. They have an apathetic fan base (not now, of course) and all of a 10 year history. There is nothing compelling about them to me except that Willis has an unusual leg kick. Sorry, they bore me. Count me out.

And there is no way in hell this is a more interesting series than Red Sox/Cubs. No. Way. In. Hell. And the ratings will bear that out.

I'm pretty much done with Major League Whiners (oops I mean baseball) too. I can't stand the whinning they do about not making enough money, or anything else they find to gripe about. I have always HATED the Yankees, and always will, but the Marlins?? :yawn: :yawn: I will NOT watch the WS, and really couldn't care less. I am not a Boston fan, and I detest the cubs, so my take: WHO CARES??? -_- -_- -_- -_-

Sorry, but the ratings for a marlins/yankees game will not be even close to what it would have been for cubs/red sox or even cubs/yankees. The Marlins are fun to watch and a great team, don't get me wrong, but there is no tradition like the cubs/red sox/yankees. I am pretty sure that MLB executives were actully praying for a cubs/red sox WS. Ratings for the ALCS and NLCS were the highest they have been in awhile and it was not because the marlins were in them I assure you. As a rabid Red Sox fan (yes being a Red Sox and :au: man does cause premature aging, balding, ulcers, etc. <_< ), I will watch the WS and hope the Yankees lose because I hate them so bad. Grady Little pulled a "Bobby Cox" in the playoffs by not doing the right thing and pulling Pedro when he started getting hammered. He made the mistake of trusting Pedro more then his coaching instinct and the numbers. All pitchers are going to tell you they can get out of a hole. I was a pitcher that made it to the collegiate level, and I alwasy thought I could get myself out of a hole, and that did not happen alot. :unsure: A coach needs to trust his bullpen, in which the Red Sox bullpen had been awesome during the playoffs. It also hurt that the big hitters did not start swing the bat well until game 6 either. The Cubs can try to blame that fan all they want, but they blew a 3 games to 1 lead and that is their fault. I honestly don't think there will be a next year for the Cubs and Red Sox. Both those teams were not built with players that will be around to competed on their same teams for next year.

No, I'm not kidding. The Marlins do nothing for me. They have an apathetic fan base (not now, of course) and all of a 10 year history. There is nothing compelling about them to me except that Willis has an unusual leg kick. Sorry, they bore me. Count me out.

And there is no way in hell this is a more interesting series than Red Sox/Cubs. No. Way. In. Hell. And the ratings will bear that out.

I see what you are saying TT, but I think that that true baseball fans see a very good matchup coming. The marlins are da$% good, and I'll be pulling for them to beat the yanks and I think it can happen. They have great pitching, hitters throughout their lineup, and the one thing the yanks don't, speed.

You're right about the ratings. Last years ratings were awful and those who didn't watch missed one heckuva series down to the wire.

I can't think of a more boring World Series than Yankees-Marlins. UGH! We could've had Red Sox-Cubs! I'm just sick. I won't be watching any of the WS. I'd have more fun watching paint dry.

I have to agree with Titan on this. Plus if you think about this series, the Yankee's have the Marlins number and should win.

Everyone knows when The Yankees & Marlins play you can throw out the record books. :roll:

Ooooops, I forgot, the Marlins don't really have a record book to speak of.

:rolleyes:

I also knew back in May & June that the Braves would probably end up with the best record in baseball & then loose in the first round & never make it the either the NLCS or the World Series. :angry::blink:

im sorry titantiger you are not a true baseball fan. of course sox/cubs is a more interesting story off the field but yanks/marlins is gonna be better on the field. and OBVIOUSLY the ratings for the WS series are gonna be down. But that is because people that are not true baseball fans wanted to see the "story" of the cubs and sox in the LCS. they didnt want to watch baseball, they wanted to hear about the curses. i was watching because i like exciting baseball games not the story around the games and that while ill be watching the WS.

im sorry titantiger you are not a true baseball fan.  of course sox/cubs is a more interesting story off the field but yanks/marlins is gonna be better on the field.  and OBVIOUSLY the ratings for the WS series are gonna be down.  But that is because people that are not true baseball fans wanted to see the "story" of the cubs and sox in the LCS.  they didnt want to watch baseball, they wanted to hear about the curses.  i was watching because i like exciting baseball games not the story around the games and that while ill be watching the WS.

Have to disagree with you saying "true baseball fans" only wanted to see a red sox/cubs WS and they are not true fans if they do not want to watch the Yankees/Marlins. I said it would watch the WS on the hope that the Yankees get beat by the Marlins, but I will not go out of my why to watch all the games as I would if the Cubs were the NL champs or if my beloved Red Sox were in it. Reason being, even though Florida is a fun team to watch, the matchup just does nothing for me. As a former college baseball player, and a current umpire and coach, I think I can call myself a true baseball fan. I like baseball for what it is, and who is playing in the WS and my interest in that is not a barometer for my love of baseball. IMO, alot of true baseball fans do not even like to watch pro baseball. My dad is one for example. He has been a coach for 30 years and actively attends my son's games and likes to go to high school and college games when possible. With that said, the Red Sox/Yankees and Cubs/Marlins series was the first baseball he has actively watched in years. That was because of the tradition that seemed to come back with 3 of those 4 teams involved. Now, it would be ludicrous to say he is not a true baseball fan because he has not interest in watching the WS. Baseball is bigger then the millionaires that play it, so you may want to look at your definition of a "true baseball fan" a little harder.

Come on Ranger. Come on. you gotta be kiddin me. i know these guys are f'n millionaires playin a kids game but this is the world series. this is america's pastime. they have been doin this game for 120 years. i hate expanision, i hate the wild card, im all for tradition in baseball but i wouldn't not watch the world series just because " the matchup just does nothing for me." Its the WORLD SERIES. i know the fins have only been around for ten years but i am a fan of baseball and these guys are the best in the world. now this matchup is great. how can you not like watching the marlins if you are a baseball fan??? they play like the game should be played! last time i checked there were not many marlins whining about paychecks. they go out and fight on every play. not only that but to put a team like that against the yankees is awesome.

your dad did exactly what i said. he watched the game like every other none baseball fan because of the story around the game. i watched the game because i like seeing traditions happen in front of me. i watch the games because i like seeing what happens on every pitch now not something that happened on one pitch in 1986

Come on Ranger. Come on. you gotta be kiddin me. i know these guys are f'n millionaires playin a kids game but this is the world series. this is america's pastime. they have been doin this game for 120 years. i hate expanision, i hate the wild card, im all for tradition in baseball but i wouldn't not watch the world series just because " the matchup just does nothing for me." Its the WORLD SERIES. i know the fins have only been around for ten years but i am a fan of baseball and these guys are the best in the world. now this matchup is great. how can you not like watching the marlins if you are a baseball fan??? they play like the game should be played! last time i checked there were not many marlins whining about paychecks. they go out and fight on every play. not only that but to put a team like that against the yankees is awesome.

your dad did exactly what i said. he watched the game like every other none baseball fan because of the story around the game. i watched the game because i like seeing traditions happen in front of me. i watch the games because i like seeing what happens on every pitch now not something that happened on one pitch in 1986

Again, all I am saying is you need to be careful of who you call a "true baseball fan" just because they choose to not watch the World Series. You don't have to a a fan of MLB to be a true baseball fan. The game is bigger then that. I never said the Marlins were not good, I just said that the matchup does not peak my interest. You can just try to force interest on somebody. If it is not there, it is not there. BTW, Sparky Anderson was quoted as saying he probably would not go out of his way to catch any of the WS either. He went on to say that he does watch but a handful of games a year now. Remember that he left baseball after the strike. Kind of hard to to claim he is not a true baseball fan, but yet he has turned away from MLB also. I admit the Marlins are good, but they will not make the same run next year and that takes away from the excitement of watching them this year. You blame the Angels and Diamonbacks for people already making that judgement about the Marlins. Alot of people think the Marlins are a fluke team. You can argue that all day, but that perception is still going to be there. You have an expansion team with no tradition against a team that everybody is tired of seeing in the WS. Does not make for a compelling series, no matter how you slice it.

I see yours and rangers point.

I should have said that I didn't think you were a true mlb fan. I think there is a good argument that any true mlb fan would be watching the world series although I'm sure that's debatable too. True is a very relative truth here. It was a poor choice of words. I should have stated it was an imo thing.

Gotta strongly disagree with that one penguin. The nba has been dropping in popularity for years and will continue to do so. They used to have players you wanted to cheer for. Now all they have is a bunch of corn rowed, smack talking, tattoo freaks, that look like they would be more at home in prison than on a bball court.

NBA basketball rules and everyone on this thread is nuts

So, Penguin, Everybody has to agree with you or they are nuts?? Sorry, doesn't work that way.. The NBA is the biggest JOKE of all the Professional sports and MLB has the most WHINNERS of any of the professional sports. If you enjoy the NBA, thats great.. More power to you... I prefer watching a game that has rules and regulations that are atually enforced, and players that play because they love the game not for the paycheck they receive. I'm not even sure the NBA has an actual rule book. Rarely is anything enforced from it if they do. All the NBA is, is a bunch of Individuals that try to out do each other. The players (as in all pro sports) think the laws don't apply to them ( off the court) and on the court they never play defense, travel every time they touch the ball, and its simply NOT real basketball. Real basketball has RULES that are consistently enforced, and has a governing body (the NCAA) that regulates the sport and has certain criteria that must be met to be allowed to participate... The NBA has none of this... The NBA is the MOST BORING of all professional sports (IMO). Again, if you actually enjoy the NBA, thats great.. Watch all you want, but don't call us nuts because we don't agree with you.

I suppose since I detest NBA basketball and only watch college games I'm not a "true basketball fan" either.

you put words in my mouth i never said that. i did say NBA basketball rules your face.

im sorry though im talkin baseball

i did say NBA basketball rules your face.

what ???? :huh:

So, Penguin, Everybody has to agree with you or they are nuts?? Sorry, doesn't work that way..

im sorry but it DOES work that way

you dont take people disagreeing with you very well, penguin. Perhaps you would be more comfortable in a closet by yourself so nobody could disagree with you there. everybody here is capable of forming their own opinions contrary to what you seem to think....

im sorry i just do not understand why anyone who was a baseball fan would not watch the world series. please give me reasons why you will not watch it. and if you say "because the matchup does not interest me" please say why it doesnt

Archived