Big-Time PG Visiting today

AUSportTalk

Varez Ward is visiting today. Stay tuned for the update after his visit.

Any chance we will have confimation today. On weather he is transfering to Auburn or not.

Un-confuse me here: Unless something has changed lately, Ward is on scholarship at Texas. If we're recruiting him or even suggesting that he transfer to Auburn it's a major, not minor, infraction. Barbee has to know this.

The only conclusion is that Ward is here to visit, look around and say "Howdy" and go back to Montgomery where his family lives. If he does wind up enrolling here and Texas files a complaint we'll be in deep doo-doo. His mere presence here could constitute "tampering" in the NCAA's opinion.

My guess is that this visit rules him out as a future Auburn player.

Somebody tell me how things are otherwise, please?

Un-confuse me here: Unless something has changed lately, Ward is on scholarship at Texas. If we're recruiting him or even suggesting that he transfer to Auburn it's a major, not minor, infraction. Barbee has to know this.

The only conclusion is that Ward is here to visit, look around and say "Howdy" and go back to Montgomery where his family lives. If he does wind up enrolling here and Texas files a complaint we'll be in deep doo-doo. His mere presence here could constitute "tampering" in the NCAA's opinion.

He may have been given permission by Texas to seek a transfer.  :dunno: It may not have been made public by the school yet though... :dunno: That would be the only way it would be allowed.  :dunno:

I thought he had been granted release, but I could be wrong on that point.

I thought he had been granted release, but I could be wrong on that point.

Yea, I think you are right. I'm pretty sure I heard a few weeks back that he had requested to transfer and that Texas granted him release.

Varez Ward is transferring away from texas no matter what. Whether he is coming to Auburn or not we don't know but because he was granted the release from texas he can now look around closer to home which is exactly what he is doing. No violation

Mike man doom and gloom so often. Our coaches are professionals I believe they have more integrity than to blatantly committ NCAA violations.

Mike man doom and gloom so often. Our coaches are professionals I believe they have more integrity than to blatantly committ NCAA violations.

That's why I'm asking what's what.

I've heard nothing about Ward being granted a release, or even requesting a release. As much as he's been talked about on this message board I would expect such news to be front page, so to speak.

The last reliable word about Ward's status was that the Big-12 conference had granted him an extra year of eligibility at Texas because of injuries. That was a month or more ago.

Anybody got a link to a story about Ward being granted a release by Texas, the NCAA granting Ward a medical hardship transfer so he won't have to sit out a year, or any other news from a reputable source?

That's why I'm asking what's what.

I've heard nothing about Ward being granted a release, or even requesting a release. As much as he's been talked about on this message board I would expect such news to be front page, so to speak.

The last reliable word about Ward's status was that the Big-12 conference had granted him an extra year of eligibility at Texas because of injuries. That was a month or more ago.

Anybody got a link to a story about Ward being granted a release by Texas, the NCAA granting Ward a medical hardship transfer so he won't have to sit out a year, or any other news from a reputable source?

I'm worried with ya, Mike P. The only word we've heard is exactly what you've said. There isn't an article or a word about release from UT because he hasn't been released from them.

Sorry for the delay on the update. I haven't heard from Varez yet. As soon as I hear something, I will pass the news along.

I agree with coaches being professional. But at the same time it does cause one to wonder what the real situation is. The last report was that Ward had been given an extra year of eligibility due to past medical problems. I know as a rule a coach from another school can`t have contact with a player unless he has been granted a release. Now whether a player can

initiate contact prior may be different. The other question that arises is do we even have room for him at this time?

Archived