Big-Time PG Visiting today

AUSportTalk

guess we're not gonna hear anything. at least for awhile. from what i've seen, it doesn't look like a good possibility that Varez plays at Auburn.

I know they are trying to work out all the details before anything happens. There are still a couple of hurdles before we know anything for certain.

guess we're not gonna hear anything. at least for awhile. from what i've seen, it doesn't look like a good possibility that Varez plays at Auburn.

I know they are trying to work out all the details before anything happens. There are still a couple of hurdles before we know anything for certain.

Trust the coaches and thanks for the update ST

^THIS^

Without a doubt trust the coaches. In the meantime it's fun trying to figure out what they are doing.

For Ward to play at Auburn this coming season two things will have to happen.

1)The NCAA will have to grant a medical hardship waiver. A player gets one of these when a family member is very ill and the player is needed near home to help out.

2) Someone else will have to be let go in order to make room for Valez Ward. Counting returning players and signees we are currently at the full 13 scholarship players. Unless, of course, Ward wants to play as a walk-on.

I'm not sure if Texas would have anything to say about it if Ward gets a waiver from the NCAA, but the NCAA doesn't pass those things out like Mardi Gras beads. There will have to be a verified case of medical necessity in the family.

Interesting situation!

You guys remember Tyler Smith?  He was granted a medical hardship, transferred to UT to be near his terminally ill father.  People raised a lot of eyebrows when the NCAA approved him, but it happened anyway.  He had two years left, and really helped them the first year.  Then he got into trouble and was let go. 

You guys remember Tyler Smith?  He was granted a medical hardship, transferred to UT to be near his terminally ill father.  People raised a lot of eyebrows when the NCAA approved him, but it happened anyway.  He had two years left, and really helped them the first year.  Then he got into trouble and was let go. 

yes we remember him.. but whats your point?  :laugh:  :dunno:

You know, Westbrook, you can really be a ......  Forget it, if you can't get the point.  Before you answer this, ask yourself the purpose of your post.

Without a doubt trust the coaches. In the meantime it's fun trying to figure out what they are doing.

1)The NCAA will have to grant a medical hardship waiver. A player gets one of these when a family member is very ill and the player is needed near home to help out.

2) Someone else will have to be let go in order to make room for Valez Ward. Counting returning players and signees we are currently at the full 13 scholarship players. Unless, of course, Ward wants to play as a walk-on.

I'm not sure if Texas would have anything to say about it if Ward gets a waiver from the NCAA, but the NCAA doesn't pass those things out like Mardi Gras beads. There will have to be a verified case of medical necessity in the family.

Interesting situation!

One thing that I noticed in a few of the articles after Barbee spoke last week was that he said the team only had 2 juniors. This is interesting not only in the fact that it shows the team's lack of experience, but also that 3 guys were sophomores last year- Sullivan, Gabriel, and Neysmith, at least according to the roster. If one of those guys is gone, that could open up a spot. No info to base this on, just an observation. The possibility also still remains that one of our other signees will be academically ineligible.

Interesting situation!

One thing that I noticed in a few of the articles after Barbee spoke last week was that he said the team only had 2 juniors. This is interesting not only in the fact that it shows the team's lack of experience, but also that 3 guys were sophomores last year- Sullivan, Gabriel, and Neysmith, at least according to the roster. If one of those guys is gone, that could open up a spot. No info to base this on, just an observation. The possibility also still remains that one of our other signees will be academically ineligible.

A scholarship player that was on the team last year has to leave for there to even be an opening for Ward. If I had to guess between those 3 guys I know its not Sullivan but I would guess Neysmith

You know, Westbrook, you can really be a ......  Forget it, if you can't get the point.  Before you answer this, ask yourself the purpose of your post.

the purpose of my post was to clear up your post. but if smara$$ was the word you're looking for thats fine with me. I didn't understand what you mean't so I asked.

• 4 weeks later...

Would we even need to release someone?  I thought a recruit didn't qualify which would open a spot

nope we are still over the limit even without Kemp qualifying and houston decommiting :banghead:

can't say that...it's a cop out... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

can't say that...it's a cop out... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I guess it is?  :D

Archived