Kamryn Melton

RunInRed

I actually do think the medical scholarship thing is different than a transfer. No doubt some of these dudes were nudged. I don't mind that. I don't mind it when Saban does it. I do mind when they give guys the take a medical scholarship or get cut ultimatum, which has been the story from a few of their "injured" players. That's different because it's dishonest. Nudging a guy out strikes me as cold but honest. It's cold-blooded, but at least you're being straight up with him about where he is in the peaking order.

I'm not sure we have enough spare bodies to be nudging people out. Can we even get our roster up to 85 next year?

Difference he is not being told to go due to some mysterious injury and then all of a sudden be healthy when he arrives at his new school. I just think it was a personnel decision where KM saw better opportunities else where - just not a good fit for the defense...

lol ~ ok Poet, whatever you say. We've had 15 (FIFTEEN) guys make personal decisions to leave AU since August 1st - they just saw better opportunities elsewhere. Freaking 15!

But none have been put on medical scholly only to miraculously heal and play the next season. I am sure it's a combination of guys not fitting with new defensive scheme, talent, and some by personal choice. But I have seen zero medical scholly guys as of yet. At the end of the day I am sure CGM has a plan, a plan that will rely on a lot of freshman playing, and case where the offense will have to carry the D to start the season

I'm not sure we have enough spare bodies to be nudging people out. Can we even get our roster up to 85 next year?

It's been a number of years since we've gone into a season with 85. Some years we come close by handing out one-year scholarships to senior walkons, but that's not the same as having a full stable of genuine college prospects/players. Maybe one year soon we'll get it sorted out.

Archived