Who is the "BOOM HIRE" that EagleDamnWar speaks of

tbone4jc

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got word that the leading candidate is Frank Caliendo and he will coach in character, John Madden.

is bret favre coming? you know John Madden has a man crush on him.

Yes he will be the QB coach.

Look the offense gus took over in 09 was a steadily sinking ship. The bs that went on in08 was in no way preparing those plsyers for gus' system. Lets not pretend.

Look the offense gus took over in 09 was a steadily sinking ship. The bs that went on in08 was in no way preparing those plsyers for gus' system. Lets not pretend.

You don't think that? It was mostly players that had went through the '08 season changes that played in '09, the only difference was Tubs didn't stick with his OC and let him do it how he needed to and Chizik did. You can't change a system in one year because of the type of players it takes. To do so would take a few season which is why in 2010 the spread was maximized to its fullest potential.

You don't think that? It was mostly players that had went through the '08 season changes that played in '09, the only difference was Tubs didn't stick with his OC and let him do it how he needed to and Chizik did. You can't change a system in one year because of the type of players it takes. To do so would take a few season which is why in 2010 the spread was maximized to its fullest potential.

#2 was the reason why the 2010 offense was run to the fullest potential, emphasis on RUN

#2 was the reason why the 2010 offense was run to the fullest potential, emphasis on RUN

He was 90% of the offense, but he didn't hike the ball to himself or catch 185 of his 280 passes. Nor did he run the 1903 yds that Dyer and McCalebb ran. So to say he was the reason the 2010 team was so good is asinine. He was the perfect piece to a team that had been building towards a spread program.

while the offenses are not great, he's changed it while still managing to be a good team. I'm not saying their offense is great, but they function well enough that his team can be in the top 10.....unlike Chizik

If 6 turnovers in 1 game is functioning well enough to win then we should keep Chiz. Just saying!!!

I love a Will coached defense but I am not buying the HC kool aid just yet. Let's talk after the FSU game ok?

are you kidding me?! they're in the TOP 10, we're not! He's obviously doing something right with a system that is entirely different than Urban Meyer's

Are you kidding me???

Chizik won a NC his 2nd year. And he will have a better win lose record than Will's 1st 2 years.

I'm starting to wonder how many people here starting watching college football mid october of 2010!!!

while the offenses are not great, he's changed it while still managing to be a good team. I'm not saying their offense is great, but they function well enough that his team can be in the top 10.....unlike Chizik

If 6 turnovers in 1 game is functioning well enough to win then we should keep Chiz. Just saying!!!

I love a Will coached defense but I am not buying the HC kool aid just yet. Let's talk after the FSU game ok?

are you kidding me?! they're in the TOP 10, we're not! He's obviously doing something right with a system that is entirely different than Urban Meyer's

Are you kidding me???

Chizik won a NC his 2nd year. And he will have a better win lose record than Will's 1st 2 years.

I'm starting to wonder how many people here starting watching college football mid october of 2010!!!

He may have won a NC in his 2nd year here...but it wasn't his 2nd year as a HC. ....P.S. Look at Muschamp's W/L record in his first year and then compare it to Chizik's. (14-7) > (5-19). Don't ever question my intelligence about football

He was 90% of the offense, but he didn't hike the ball to himself or catch 185 of his 280 passes. Nor did he run the 1903 yds that Dyer and McCalebb ran. So to say he was the reason the 2010 team was so good is asinine. He was the perfect piece to a team that had been building towards a spread program.

Players signed by Chiz and staff that contributed to the 2010 season

Omac, Dyer, Emory Blake, Lutzy, and of course Cam Newton

The offensive line was already in place so Tubbs can take the credit there.

Without him ??? The offense would have been like 2009 and 2011 so while the stats are there for the offense in 2010, it would be a total different team with much different stats and my friend you are being totally foolish to think differently. Proof is in the pudding. Asinine, yeah right slick.

Without him ??? The offense would have been like 2009 and 2011 so while the stats are there for the offense, would be a total different team and my friend you are being totally foolish to think differently. Proof is in the pudding. Asinine, yeah right slick.

That's why I said he was the perfect fit for that offense. I'm not saying we would have been good without. All I said was he didn't do it all in 2010

Are you kidding me???

He may have won a NC in his 2nd year here...but it wasn't his 2nd year as a HC. ....P.S. Look at Muschamp's W/L record in his first year and then compare it to Chizik's. (14-7) > (5-19). Don't ever question my intelligence about football

I realize that your football knowledge is infinite but you do realized that you are trying to compare coaching the Cyclones and the Gators now. It's time for a drink!!!

Players signed by Chiz and staff that contributed to the 2010 season

Omac, Dyer, Emory Blake, Lutzy, and of course Cam Newton

The offensive line was already in place so Tubbs can take the credit there.

Correct, but did i not say that the team had been building towards a becoming a spread style team? Who contributed in '08 and 09'. And in '09 those players had considerable playing time behind players that played in '08 under the change. And in 2010 they added a QB that fit perfectly in that system. Cam Newton is proving this year that he has to be in the right system with the right players and his talent will be maximized. In 2010 that's what happened. He joined a team that was working toward the spread and that's why they were so successful that year.

the boom hire is Dan Reeves "Bama? you talkin about Bama? This is Auburn"

Hold up playa, Dan Reeves?

Being that I played football at Americus High I might start whistling a different tune if I heard his name for HC.

You lost me. Anyway, Boom hire anyone? Stoops? Fisher?Beamer?Strong? I guess Petrino is out :dunno:

Petrino is still in. Apparently someone showed interest that would be considered even better than Petrino and that has caused at least some more research and consideration about all possible options.

The new person would be a huge get for Auburn...

Are you kidding me???

I realize that your football knowledge is ifinite but you do realized that you are trying to compare coaching the Cyclones and the Gators now. It's time for a drink!!!

That's Chizik's fault. As a coach he got to choose the job he wanted. Thats not my problem and that's not Muschamp's problem. In coaching you choose the situation you want to be in. No one made him take the job at Iowa State and they both came from the same exact position.

In coaching you choose the situation you want to be in. No one made him take the job at Iowa State and they both came from the same exact position.

Now take what you just said, rewind it, and say a few times real slow.

The question is, what big name coach wants to take over at Auburn?

Archived