Who is the "BOOM HIRE" that EagleDamnWar speaks of

tbone4jc

What if...

It's Pat Dye?

Golf will kiss you flush on your bare fanny.

Some would debate he's already running the team haha

Any one thing we have a shot at the "ole ball coach" or is he sticking with SCar

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to have the ole ball coach on our sideline. He still has 5 to 8 good coaching years left in him. I feel that if it had not been for Jacobs, Spurrier would have been named our head coach 4 years ago.

I'd love to have the ole ball coach on our sideline. He still has 5 to 8 good coaching years left in him.

Seeing what he did at Florida and then he just got bored with winning NC's

Now what he's done at SCar has been nothing but impressive. Literally took them from being nothing to being relevant in the SEC East every season

the reason these spread teams struggle when they play sec defenses is they don't have the athletes and depth in the trenches like AU does see 2010 with Gus Malzahn.

Has nothing to do with "athletes" or "depth", it has everything to do with having a freak generational-talent at QB.

You still need someone to block for him ....that senior oline had a lot to do with cams success

I just hope that we have a legitimate shot at a true, big name, big time coach. Last time around it seemed like the two finalists were Turner Gill (25-49 as head coach flop) and Gene Chizik (see the last 400 threads on how that is working out for us). Let us dream of hiring an instant rock star coach vs a second tier coach taking a huge payday in exchange for accepting to be led around by the nose by the mysterious PTB.

It's gonna take hiring a rock star coach to bring life back into our football program. Otherwise, we batter get use to seeing more coaches like Gene Chizik.

Steve Spurrier is a proven winner no matter where he goes. Lets throw a boatload of cash and hire coach Spurrier.

I'm glad others are intrigued by this idea, when my father asked me if I could have any college coach proven to win in the SEC who would it be. And it was Spurrier when i got down to it, considering what would be plausible. His interviews would be more entertaining, and he likes project teams.

Steve Spurrier is a proven winner no matter where he goes. Lets throw a boatload of cash and hire coach Spurrier.

I'm glad others are intrigued by this idea, when my father asked me if I could have any college coach proven to win in the SEC who would it be. And it was Spurrier when i got down to it, considering what would be plausible. His interviews would be more entertaining, and he likes project teams.

but we could never compete with that Augusta National membership he got for coaching USCe.

I'd love to have the ole ball coach on our sideline. He still has 5 to 8 good coaching years left in him.

Seeing what he did at Florida and then he just got bored with winning NC's

Now what he's done at SCar has been nothing but impressive. Literally took them from being nothing to being relevant in the SEC East every season

You do realize he only won ONE NC at Florida, right?

He's played at Robert Trent Jones before.

Do you think that a combo lifetime package deal of Indian Pines and Moores Mill would sway the old ball coach? What if we throw in no greens fees for Saugahatchee?

Does Auburn really want another situation where the AD and HC are pals ? If you are going to do that you might as well let the same person be HC and AD. I am not necessarily opposed to that either since that was the way it was done a lot in the old days.

Well, we tried the HC and AD not trusting each other for several years...

LOL, this is true.

Not Stoops. My ppl, for what it is worth, are telling me its Jimbo Fisher. That is just rumor from what I am hearing

I thought Tate said that it was not Jimbo.

It's probably neither

The late entry Tate is referring to isn't Jimbo. Jimbo is/was likely the frontrunner before this development.

Did they contact someone, or is this someone somebody that showed interest in AU first?

I personally want Kevin Sumlin

His spread makes Gus's old spread look like nothing

What would gus's "old spread" look like with our players instead of ark states' with him as the full blown HC instead of the OC with a guy looking over his shoulder.

I dont know for sure how much gus's offense was being hampered, but i'm pretty sure it was being checked down to say the least. So i get a little peeved when people run down his offense. I'm of the opinion that we never really saw gus's offense.

Rich Rod!!

Just read the following story:

http://network.yardb...auburn/12113146

Southern Fried Sports reports that the same people who supplied SFS with Malzahn to Arkansas State tip last January are predicting that Rich Rodriguez will be the top candidate to replace Gene Chizik if when he is terminated.

The reasoning is sound.

For the last three years, Auburn has recruited players on both sides of the ball that are suited to playing on a team dedicated to a spread-type philosophy. This year’s attempt to morph into a pro-set has failed miserably, as the players on the depth chart just aren’t suited to line up and play smash-mouth football.

Rodriguez is still somewhat miffed over the treatment he and his wife received at the hands of the Alabama media over his on-then-off agreement to replace Mike Shula after the 2006 season. He would like nothing better than the chance to coach in the SEC and extract a pound of flesh over that episode.

He would immediately inherit a roster that is geared towards his style of play.

Arizona does not currently suck. A team that went 4-8 last year is now 5-3, with wins over ranked teams in Oklahoma State and USC. He knows how to win and how to turn around faltering programs.

No thanks. :thumbsdown::puke:

I wouldnt consider rich rod a boom hire at all

Though I'd be glad to have Bob Stoops anytime, I'd rather have Steve Spurrier or Gary Patterson.

Gary Patterson would be fine, but Steve Spurrier is 67 years old.

Archived