Who is the "BOOM HIRE" that EagleDamnWar speaks of

tbone4jc

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you cannot talk with coaches unless you get permission from th AD.....why would that not make the rumor mill somewhere on espn or something??? whatever happen to the one who tracks the flights out of AU and Opelika? That could be a tip to where we may be leaning....Just a thought

You can't track the planes any more. They are "blocked by the owner"

I am not the powers doing the hiring, but IMO a "BOOM" hire would be Peterson from Boise, Patterson from TCU, Chip from Oregon, Stoops from Oklahoma, or possibly that Oklahoma State HC.

As for a reason, well, maybe its the thought that AU is somewhat down, and that he could be he "hero" who turned the program around and went toe to toe with Saban, Miles, Spurrier, ect in the SEC. Any thoughts?

I like the idea of one the Oky coaches dropping out of the big 12 less 3 , to move to a auburn and a real conference where he would not have to please Texas. But Buy outs are always the problem with moving in a big name coach.

All the coaches mentioned sound great but this boom hire that showed interest seems a little premature to me. We still have a AD and a head coach, if there has been contact is this not the same as jet gate??

If this coincides with a new AD hire I can't see cannot Jacobs so you can bring in R-Rod. That sounds like a move Jacobs would pull off, giving him a boat load of money with a 100 million $$ buy out.

All the coaches mentioned sound great but this boom hire that showed interest seems a little premature to me. We still have a AD and a head coach, if there has been contact is this not the same as jet gate??

Jay Jacobs is gone. Was supposed to be announced today but word is they are waiting until after the homecoming game...

Chip Kelly. I think AUBURN was very satisfied with that kind of offense when Gus was here. However, that offense hasn't fared too well against SEC defenses.

How about Gus?

Chip Kelly. I think AUBURN was very satisfied with that kind of offense when Gus was here. However, that offense hasn't fared too well against SEC defenses.

How about Gus?

Chip Kelly's Oregon offense has struggled against any team with a defense that has a pulse. Just saying... I need to see how Mizzou and Texas A&M finish out the season before I make a decision on returning to that style of play.

I heard Jimbo too, but nothing but a rumor. Sure would be interesting considering he has worked with both Satan and Miles at LSU, and Satan wanted him for his OC when he went to Bammer.

Not really. JJ and GC know they are gone. Besides stuff like Jetgate happens alot in football in private. Teams want to narrow candidates down before current coaches get fired. Our problem was Jetgate got public.

Rich Rod would be a great fit for our offense as well as Chip Kelly, the reason these spread teams struggle when they play sec defenses is they don't have the athletes and depth in the trenches like AU does see 2010 with Gus Malzahn.

the reason these spread teams struggle when they play sec defenses is they don't have the athletes and depth in the trenches like AU does see 2010 with Gus Malzahn.

Has nothing to do with "athletes" or "depth", it has everything to do with having a freak generational-talent at QB.

Boom hire would be JEFF FISHER and the GM at the Rams. That GM just happened to play college football at AU and was a grad asst. for a while.

Wasn't part of this most recent rumor that the coach wanted a specific AD? Les Snead:

Les Snead (born in Eufaula, Alabama) is the general manager of the St. Louis Rams of the National Football League. Snead was an all-state offensive guard at Eufaula High School, and switched to tight end at Troy State and Auburn. After college, Snead considered attending medical school, but after serving as a graduate assistant at Auburn, became a scout.[1] In 1995, Snead was hired by the expansion Jacksonville Jaguars as a pro scout, where he worked until 1997, when he was hired by the Atlanta Falcons to the same position, but also served as the director of pro/player personnel.[2] On February 10, 2012, the Rams announced that they will hire Snead as their new general manager.[3]

[edit]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Snead

I guess the theory could go that since les Snead has only been with the rams for a few months and things haven't gone well for jeff fisher in his first year with the rams, they come down to the college level and still make a crap load of money.

Jeff fisher comes to Auburn and gets at least 4 years of work. Fisher brings his buddy Snead, who has clear Auburn ties. Fisher could likely bring his kid on as a grad assistant (I don't think the nfl is in his kids future).

This scenario is mostly for amusement, however, it is somewhat interesting considering the rumor and ties that both men have to auburn. Plus, I think Snead and BVG were with the falcons at the same time. If this fantasy were true, we could have strong NFL ties for recruiting and bring in a very solid, experienced head coach, even if he has only really coached in the nfl.

War Eagle and have fun!

Boom hire would be JEFF FISHER and the GM at the Rams. That GM just happened to play college football at AU and was a grad asst. for a while.

Wasn't part of this most recent rumor that the coach wanted a specific AD? Les Snead:

Les Snead (born in Eufaula, Alabama) is the general manager of the St. Louis Rams of the National Football League. Snead was an all-state offensive guard at Eufaula High School, and switched to tight end at Troy State and Auburn. After college, Snead considered attending medical school, but after serving as a graduate assistant at Auburn, became a scout.[1] In 1995, Snead was hired by the expansion Jacksonville Jaguars as a pro scout, where he worked until 1997, when he was hired by the Atlanta Falcons to the same position, but also served as the director of pro/player personnel.[2] On February 10, 2012, the Rams announced that they will hire Snead as their new general manager.[3]

[edit]

I guess the theory could go that since les Snead has only been with the rams for a few months and things haven't gone well for jeff fisher in his first year with the rams, they come down to the college level and still make a crap load of money.

Jeff fisher comes to Auburn and gets at least 4 years of work. Fisher brings his buddy Snead, who has clear Auburn ties. Fisher could likely bring his kid on as a grad assistant (I don't think the nfl is in his kids future).

This scenario is mostly for amusement, however, it is somewhat interesting considering the rumor and ties that both men have to auburn. Plus, I think Snead and BVG were with the falcons at the same time. If this fantasy were true, we could have strong NFL ties for recruiting and bring in a very solid, experienced head coach, even if he has only really coached in the nfl.

War Eagle and have fun!

There is a possibility of this happening if my prediction of the Rams losing 10 of their last 11 games to finish 4-12 comes true.

[edit]

War Eagle and have fun!

There is a possibility of this happening if my prediction of the Rams losing 10 of their last 11 games to finish 4-12 comes true.

I am thinking your predictions of the rams remaining season has a very high chance of playing out

A6wTYSsCUAEpFsL.jpg

We need this:

"Jeff Fisher coached teams have been referred to as aggressive, edgy, chippy and dirty. [5][6]" from Wikipedia

Fisher didn't tolerate Vince youngs baby attitude. We need someone tough in the locker room. We need someone who will get auburn back to playing mean and solid defense.

Plus,I would personally enjoy the epic facial hair of both bvg and fisher.

Archived