Who is the "BOOM HIRE" that EagleDamnWar speaks of

tbone4jc

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Jeff Fisher

Is nobody concerned that he has never recruited or coached college football?

it is definitely a concern. Though, any intelligent coach would know that having quality recruiting assistants can make that job night and day easier. Look @ Chizik, he relies heavily on quality recruiting assistants to help him.

it is definitely a concern. Though, any intelligent coach would know that having quality recruiting assistants can make that job night and day easier. Look @ Chizik, he relies heavily on quality recruiting assistants to help him.

Also, if this far fetched rumor is true and about fisher/Snead....does it help that, while Snead would be the AD in this scenario, he has spent much of his career as a scout and has evaluated a lot of football players. All of this combined with a bunch of nfl guys and like mikepruett mentioned, recruiting assistants...recruiting would likely be fine.

Plus if we have a defensive staff in part of of Fish HC, Rock DL, BVG DC...then defensive recruits will flock to the plains.

Plus if we have a defensive staff in part of of Fish HC, Rock DL, BVG DC...then defensive recruits will flock to the plains.

So you're thinking Rocker would come with him? I know it's all speculation at this point, but getting Rocker back would be HUGE. His coaching ability at AU was not all about Fairley.

So you're thinking Rocker would come with him? I know it's all speculation at this point, but getting Rocker back would be HUGE. His coaching ability at AU was not all about Fairley.

Just best case speculation. I have no idea if Rock would come back.

Just best case speculation. I have no idea if Rock would come back.

Can you imagine rocker coming back with all of the young DL talent that we have and the ones we have committed?!? I think rocker would keep a lot of those commitments.

I am not the powers doing the hiring, but IMO a "BOOM" hire would be Peterson from Boise, Patterson from TCU, Chip from Oregon, Stoops from Oklahoma, or possibly that Oklahoma State HC.

As for a reason, well, maybe its the thought that AU is somewhat down, and that he could be he "hero" who turned the program around and went toe to toe with Saban, Miles, Spurrier, ect in the SEC. Any thoughts?

you forgot to mention that coach from texas tech too. look what he has done with that program. he has five more wins than we do and have played three teams in the top 15

._.

the reason these spread teams struggle when they play sec defenses is they don't have the athletes and depth in the trenches like AU does see 2010 with Gus Malzahn.

Has nothing to do with "athletes" or "depth", it has everything to do with having a freak generational-talent at QB.

Cam played a great game, but we only scored 22 points. Left a couple of TDs on the table for sure, but our D-line was wrecking their blocking schemes all night long. Their offense was stuck in neutral because Fairley set up camp in their backfield.

Rich Rod would be a great fit for our offense as well as Chip Kelly, the reason these spread teams struggle when they play sec defenses is they don't have the athletes and depth in the trenches like AU does see 2010 with Gus Malzahn.

Definitely not a "boom".

With Fisher and Van Gorder, all in would change to all 'stache

Does anybody think Jeff Fisher would leave the cushy life of an NFL Head Coach to become the Head Coach in the stress filled, 365 day per year SEC? He has never coached college ball and he has never recruited a high school kid and his family. I don't see that happening. Rocker is not coming back either.

Does anybody think Jeff Fisher would leave the cushy life of an NFL Head Coach to become the Head Coach in the stress filled, 365 day per year SEC? He has never coached college ball and he has never recruited a high school kid and his family. I don't see that happening. Rocker is not coming back either.

Everything is speculation at this point and time, we are just dreaming "best case scenario". Turn the sunshine pump on for a minute and join in! LOL

Does Auburn really want another situation where the AD and HC are pals ? If you are going to do that you might as well let the same person be HC and AD. I am not necessarily opposed to that either since that was the way it was done a lot in the old days.

Well, we tried the HC and AD not trusting each other for several years...

Does Auburn really want another situation where the AD and HC are pals ? If you are going to do that you might as well let the same person be HC and AD. I am not necessarily opposed to that either since that was the way it was done a lot in the old days.

Well, we tried the HC and AD not trusting each other for several years...

Very good point Texas T

I don't a4e. I don't think we have a chance in hedoublehockeysticks of getting any NFL guy. Auburn is a great great place, but the NFL is actually a lot less time consuming than the college game.

Rich Rod!!

Just read the following story:

http://network.yardb...auburn/12113146

Southern Fried Sports reports that the same people who supplied SFS with Malzahn to Arkansas State tip last January are predicting that Rich Rodriguez will be the top candidate to replace Gene Chizik if when he is terminated.

The reasoning is sound.

For the last three years, Auburn has recruited players on both sides of the ball that are suited to playing on a team dedicated to a spread-type philosophy. This year’s attempt to morph into a pro-set has failed miserably, as the players on the depth chart just aren’t suited to line up and play smash-mouth football.

Rodriguez is still somewhat miffed over the treatment he and his wife received at the hands of the Alabama media over his on-then-off agreement to replace Mike Shula after the 2006 season. He would like nothing better than the chance to coach in the SEC and extract a pound of flesh over that episode.

He would immediately inherit a roster that is geared towards his style of play.

Arizona does not currently suck. A team that went 4-8 last year is now 5-3, with wins over ranked teams in Oklahoma State and USC. He knows how to win and how to turn around faltering programs.

How did that Michigan gig work out for him?

I agree Fisher would be an extreme longshot. However, how does anyone know what his situation really is? What if he's burned out on dealing with millionaire jerk athletes. Maybe his time spent at AU with his son were the best times of his life. Maybe he wants to teach Trent Fisher all he knows about coaching and what better place than a college environment? Maybe, maybe, maybe. Nah, it ain't happenin'.

This is his first year back as a Head Coach. I doubt he is burned out and frankly the Rams are not exactly a hotbed for the ultra-millionaire athletes. He had offers to coach in college after he left the Titans and did not consider any of the seriously.

I'm not impressed with the Jeff Fisher idea. His career NFL record is .537. Not that great IMO.

But his son is an Auburn tiger....

I'm not impressed with the Jeff Fisher idea. His career NFL record is .537. Not that great IMO.

Saban and Spurrier say "hi."

He's a very, very good coach. Already turning around the Rams. The NFL is tougher than college to remain dominant in over a career of 17 years.

That said, I don't believe it's him at all.

Archived