Where were you 23 years ago today?

pensacola tiger

At this time of day I was tailgating with the best group of tailgating friends anyone could ever have and then on the front row at Tiger Walk with my daughter who was a freshman.(Our picture is in the commemorative book in the crowd shot.) Followed by Section 54, Row 7, Seat 2 for the best game I've ever seen. Afterwards burying our champagne cork under the oak tree beside Ross where we tailgated and buried corks after Iron Bowl wins until they cut the tree down and we had to move a few years ago. Good times and good friends, too many of whom are no longer with us. These are the memories worth having for a lifetime. There will be many more to come. WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Recieved my SEC tournament championship ring for baseball before this game at mid field. I was amazed at the size and smack talking coming from The visiting team. They were all yelling at our players as they ran past "This is our house" and other things I can't post. I remember coach Hall yelling at our players to stay quiet and beat their a.. on the field. It was an amazing day. I think I blew blue snot out of my nose for a week from all the paper shaker dust in the air that day. I say the new coach should suggest brining back the free paper shakers and let everyone who hasn't expereinced that haze get a chance to.

I say the new coach should suggest brining back the free paper shakers and let everyone who hasn't expereinced that haze get a chance to.

Best idea I've heard all season :thumbsup:

That was a tough day did not have a ticket thaought that I would tailgate with others until a friend still in school asked If i wold like to go in and work concession wink wink! watched out from the ramps. Oh what a night!

That whole week was out of control. I remember getting a late start on tailgating because we were still recovering from the night before. It was a blessing in disguise -- got to watch that historical game relatively sober. Can't say the same for after the game though.

I say the new coach should suggest brining back the free paper shakers and let everyone who hasn't expereinced that haze get a chance to.

Best idea I've heard all season :thumbsup:/>

Oh hell no. I was blowing my noise for a week with the most unGodly color of mucous ever.

I was a sophomore. Crazy week. The RV's started showing up on Sunday. A bunch of them came straight from Athens after the UGA game. Intense week. Loved it!

I was sitting....check that....standing in the student section with my friends watching a ausome AUBURN victory...good times.

Best idea I've heard all season :thumbsup:/>

Oh hell no. I was blowing my noise for a week with the most unGodly color of mucous ever.

I either didn't have a problem with the paper shaker sneezes or had too much fun to remember. If it resembled anything like the puddles of dyed coke and mush left over afterwards... I probably wouldn't be up for inhaling it either!

I was a young man with the world in front of me!

I was a 9th grader & my parents never let me miss school unless I was really sick but we left out on Thursday following my basketball game. I stayed the whole weekend with my brother & had the time of my life. Went to the pep rally, tiger walk, and the game. It was the only other game I've been to besides the BCS championship that there was just a magical feeling in the air. I'll never forget celebrating at Toomer's. I thank The Lord that I was able to be there.

Greatest pre-game atmosphere ever. Will never forget people climbing trees and light poles etc for Tiger Walk. Also thought the fans were going to turn the turds bus over as it arrived. Then to see Curry storm off the field after the game was priceless. During the game was the paper shaker haze and the goal post vibrating like a tuning fork from the noise.

South end zone. I'll never forget that game. It was the last game in Jordan-Hare my Dad saw before he died. I'll always be thankful that the good Lord let him live long enough to see that game.

I went to JHS about 4 hours before the game and leaned on the fence. When they opened (It was usually 2 hours before the game, but for some reason I remember it as 3 hours before the game - anyone remember?) When they opened the gate, I ran into the top of the student section as far towards midfield as I could get - around the 25/30 yard line. I saw the shaker haze very well from there.

THere were 10s of thousands in the stadium when the players came in to JHS in street clothes to walk the field. It was already noisy. There was a real look of surprise about that from the players. I knew then, we'd win. Even down at halftime, I knew we'd win.

{Non football story}

Before the game I went for a run fairly early in the morning as I did most Saturdays and that day i passed miss Auburn/homecoming queen - whatever she was I recognized her from a few weeks before. Said "HEY", she said "HEY". I went to visit my grandmother and told her who I saw - she said I should have asked for a kiss, because you just never know.

Archived