***AU vs WSU Game Thread***

RunInRed

This is a strange game. The hurry up / spread offense hasn't done much. Also, Ellis needs to trash his 4-2-5 and try the 3-4. We can't stop their running or passing.

This defense is worlds ahead of last years. The defense won't get fixed over night, but this WSU offense would have put up 40+ on last years defense. I am pleased with the performance so far. Is there room for improvement? Absolutely. But D-line and O-lines are not getting pushed around like last year.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the DL and the DB's are playing decent. At te very least its nice to see the DBs closer to the line.

We need to get the ball to Grant more lol. Also NM needs to settle down on his throws - and WRs not dropmballs tat hit them in the hands.

The key is getting pressure on the qb up the middle. ...if we can do that with 4 guys its gonna keep disrupting the timing in their passing game

Indeed. I hope we can do so in the second half.

If Nick can't complete some passes the offense is going to continue to suffer. Needs more touch on his passes and WR's can't keep dropping it. I think he's done a good job of not trying to force any passes.

I think the last thing we need is to start over. Again. We need to get players to buy in to what our coaches are preaching, 2000%.

I agree. Consistency has not been our forte over the past 7 years. 7 different QBs, 3 different coaches, two losing seasons and 5 winning, 2 different offensive schemes on and off, 2 different defensive schemes. Changes in coordinators all the time. It's been a hot mess!

True. Sometimes even if what you've got isn't all you'd hoped, it's still better to go with that and build some solidarity rather than keep changing personnel like socks.

I think the coaches made some bad decisions on starters and as the game has gone on they have been getting the right guys in place. This is a drastic improvement over last year guys. Don't be so negative. So far we are no where near the cluster we were last we saw us play.

Happy with the effort I'm seeing! Still need a lot of work, but the players look like they want to be out there. War Eagle!

I hate it when I'm right. My pessimism leading up to this season was called for. We won't be winning many games this year. "An experienced coach with a proven track record."

Umm.... what are you takking about?

That's what Jay Jacobs promised us.

That's code for "we'll get someone who I'm good friends with and is a nice, Christian man"

"And it has to be someone I met at Auburn because I don't know anyone from outside of Auburn."

This is a strange game. The hurry up / spread offense hasn't done much. Also, Ellis needs to trash his 4-2-5 and try the 3-4. We can't stop their running or passing.

This defense is worlds ahead of last years. The defense won't get fixed over night, but this WSU offense would have put up 40+ on last years defense. I am pleased with the performance so far. Is there room for improvement? Absolutely. But D-line and O-lines are not getting pushed around like last year.

Like to see this! I agree, but still worry about us vs sec caliber opponents.I'm still betting on/praying for vast improvement goin into this season... glad we have ar st as #2 to perfect.

If there's one thing I've been pleased with, it's been the fight. These guys claw their way back in every situation and circumstance. Before you can dominate opponents, you have to have fight. We gave up the past two years every time we got down. So, I'm very happy with that, and if we can build on it, the future will be bright.

Might beat Ole Miss this year to avoid a b2b winless comference schedule. MIGHT!

Your negativity isn't needed. Troll elsewhere...

Might beat Ole Miss this year to avoid a b2b winless comference schedule. MIGHT!

We're winning after 1 half in game 1....if your gonna jump then jump

If there's one thing I've been pleased with, it's been the fight. These guys claw their way back in every situation and circumstance. Before you can dominate opponents, you have to have fight. We gave up the past two years every time we got down. So, I'm very happy with that, and if we can build on it, the future will be bright.

+1

First half of football ever for this coaching together and we are leading. Cheer up guys. I saw tons of things that are encouraging. One thing that I am worried about is the LB's. Especially their angles, but I feel confident that we have the right coaching to get that corrected. Looking for us to continue improving. Love the fire I see from Gus on the sidelines. I remember his second half adjustment when he was O.C.

Archived