WCWS Softball vs. Georgia - Game thread

Auburn and georgia facing off in a winners bracket game in about 20 minutes. Auburn swept georgia in Auburn during the regular season. Winner advances and will wait for an elimination game to be played. Loser today will move to the opposite bracket and play lsu in an elimination game. Let's get this win.

Auburn wearing the all blue uniforms today...

CkJCdpfUYAEkVuq.jpg

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hope the picture above isn't too big for anybody. It's not letting me scale it down like I usually do. The large pictures can throw off the formatting of the board, so I hope its ok.

War Eagle ladies! Get another win!

Beating the same team 4 out of 4 in the same season.....a huge challenge.

There is no mystery on either side....except that Fagan is now in the Auburn line-up and adds some punch from the right side.

hope the picture above isn't too big for anybody. It's not letting me scale it down like I usually do. The large pictures can throw off the formatting of the board, so I hope its ok.

Looks fine on mobile.

Here we go... Howard Cooper and Carosone getting us started. Hate the ncaa rule that home team isn't determined by seeding like it should be.. Here we go

Howard chops it into the dirt and there is no throw. Howard on first to lead off the game. Kasey Cooper up.

wild pitch advances Howard to 2nd and a throw down to 2nd goes into center and Howard moves to 3rd. YES....

Love a little Bad News Bears by UGA. Hope the nerves are going to get to them like they did UCLA.

Carosone swings on first pitch and flies to right. Howard tags and scores. Auburn leads 1-0. Runner on 1st with 1 out for Carlee Wallace

Sac fly not the worst thing that can happen there. If she doesn't get so far under it, it might have a chance.

AU going after those high pitches. Just need to be diciplined not to swing at the ones at their eyes.

blooper on the infield, miscommunication between cooper and jordan and it drops....but it rolls FOUL.... big break there.

Don;t think I ever saw a foul ball like that....good break for AU to get her out on the the pop fly afterward

2 out single for uga but nothing else. After 1 complete, Auburn leads 1-0.

Fagan, Gipson and Jordan coming up.

Archived