Let's talk about Sean

bigbird

48 minutes ago, Tiger Scout said:

he may have a high completion percentage because he only makes short safe throws. he just doesnt have the x factor and that is whats missing from our offense and our qb play

So he doesn't have what you can't define? :glare:

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you guys act like sean white played a perfect game. then why is the offense so mediocre?guess its the playcalling why we cant score touchdowns anymore. yet we had the best offense in the country with a different qb and using the same plays. no x factor like i said. we willsee how you feel after the rest of the season. we need a running qb  and run the read option. we only won last night because our defense is excellent 

3 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

So he doesn't have what you can't define? :glare:

he cant  get sacked or make plays under pressure. take over a game and keep defense guessing how to stop him. instead we get Vanilla high school qb play

14 minutes ago, Tiger Scout said:

you guys act like sean white played a perfect game. then why is the offense so mediocre?guess its the playcalling why we cant score touchdowns anymore. yet we had the best offense in the country with a different qb and using the same plays. no x factor like i said. we willsee how you feel after the rest of the season. we need a running qb  and run the read option. we only won last night because our defense is excellent 

Dang if I have seen anyone act like SW played a perfect game. You're just spouting nonsense when you say things like that. What I see is that you don't seem to know much about the game of football and keep beating a drum with busted skins. How about stopping with that noise?

17 minutes ago, Tiger Scout said:

I've asked several questions similar to your rant in another thread but I've received no feedback. If we are in the redzone, and our QB has been playing "lights out the past three games," why does Gus not utilize said QB in the red zone? Doesn't make sense. Its third and one and fourth and one in a big game and we have our lights out QB on the sideline. 

6 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Dang if I have seen anyone act like SW played a perfect game. You're just spouting nonsense when you say things like that. What I see is that you don't seem to know much about the game of football and keep beating a drum with busted skins. How about stopping with that noise?

i have been watching auburn football all my life. i listen to most of you say how great johnson played and frazier to for that matter to. the fact is we have had a string of bad high school qb recruits that produce terrible to mediocre qb play. hopefully barret will be different but i wouldnt count on it. we need finding qbs to be our top priority on offense because we havnt had one in a long time besides newton and marshall. its what kills us every year. we would be playing for a nc this year if we had one. we have just about everything except a qb that can lead this team

22 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I've asked several questions similar to your rant in another thread but I've received no feedback. If we are in the redzone, and our QB has been playing "lights out the past three games," why does Gus not utilize said QB in the red zone? Doesn't make sense. Its third and one and fourth and one in a big game and we have our lights out QB on the sideline. 

gus is playing it safe and it worked last night. if we get behind in a game were done. all i am saying is he hasnt given franklin much of a shot in a game to show what he can do. and franklin gives us a better shot if we are going to be a run first team

6 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Can't say I agree with the "he can't win us games" thing. Tony Stevens catches that pass that hit him in the hands in the end zone it's a different ball game. Proud of him though, he showed a lot of doubters last night that he's our guy. 

Seems like we're trying to make Stevens the "go to" guy.  He had a breakout game, but the consistency is not there yet.  He had 3 drops that really hurt a la Ricardo.  I prefer SW spreading it around. Also think KD may have misjudged the deep pass.  Maybe didn't think Sean could heave it that far.  I'm a fan so I think our QB had a great night but could have been better with a little more help.

44 minutes ago, Tiger Scout said:

You forgot the two NFL tackles, the 4 year starting center, the NFL running backs and a few other pieces that made that Offense so special.  

Your disdain for SW is apparent. You keep asking for Franklin, but don't you think if he was the best option he'd be playing? Obviously he has shown Gus enough during practices not to gain his trust.  There is a saying that goes, the most popular player on a football team is the backup QB. There is a reason he isn't playing.

19 minutes ago, Tiger Scout said:

gus is playing it safe and it worked last night. if we get behind in a game were done. all i am saying is he hasnt given franklin much of a shot in a game to show what he can do. and franklin gives us a better shot if we are going to be a run first team

I agree with alot of this like Gus is playing it safe or Rhett last night also that JF3 would be better suited for the style of offense we are playing. I have been JF3 biggest supporter but he has not grasped the playbook yet and is not ready. Like I have said before it has more to do with him not being able to execute the plays atm than his throwing ability as to why he is not playing. As of now and until JF3 is ready to run and execute the plays SW should be the starter and gives us the best chance to win. When will JF3 be ready I can't say, I have been told that he is close for 3 weeks. If SW can play like he did last night and not turn the ball over we will win alot more games this year. We just have to find a way to get the ball in the endzone inside the redzone. We win by at least 14 if we could have scored a couple inside the redzone last night instead of fbs. We are improving though and we have a couple of stud rbs.

I've been saying we need to go under center on short yardage plays but Gus/Rhett are pretty stubborn with their game plan. I'm an SW fan but I'm all for Franklin coming in for inside 10 offense. I like Carlson but we need TDs.

7 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I agree, the disappointing part is Auburn doesn't seem to know who we are until 3 or 4 games into the season.  The only time we've known who we are was the 2014 season when NM returned as the starting QB.  Interesting.

This is my biggest problem. We've yet to actually fit the offense to SW(besides the Arky St. game). It's been over a year with SW and they still don't get it in terms of putting him in better positions to run the offense. AU fans can easily recognize what needs to be done except for the people who are being paid to do so. 

1 minute ago, austudnt23 said:

I have been JF3 biggest supporter but he has not grasped the playbook yet and is not ready. Like I have said before it has more to do with him not being able to execute the plays atm than his throwing ability as to why he is not playing. As of now and until JF3 is ready to run and execute the plays SW should be the starter and gives us the best chance to win. When will JF3 be ready I can't say, I have been told that he is close for 3 weeks. 

Not sure I understand how this is possible. We've seen a fair number of transfer QBs come in and learn the offense in a few months and become the starter and do well at other schools. We've also seen true freshmen come in and take over in the same way. Every school and situation is different but it's still bewildering to me that Franklin can arrive in January, have all of Spring and Fall camps, plus winter and summer workouts to learn the offense, and still not know it - or at least enough of the offense to get by if he's so talented. If he's such a hard worker, why hasn't he put in the work to learn the offense? 

I have no reason to think he's not a leader like a lot of people have said but if it's really true that he doesn't know the offense, that doesn't sound like a focused player, especially at QB. So is that really the reason? Genuinely interested.

11 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

I agree with alot of this like Gus is playing it safe or Rhett last night also that JF3 would be better suited for the style of offense we are playing. I have been JF3 biggest supporter but he has not grasped the playbook yet and is not ready. Like I have said before it has more to do with him not being able to execute the plays atm than his throwing ability as to why he is not playing. As of now and until JF3 is ready to run and execute the plays SW should be the starter and gives us the best chance to win. When will JF3 be ready I can't say, I have been told that he is close for 3 weeks. If SW can play like he did last night and not turn the ball over we will win alot more games this year. We just have to find a way to get the ball in the endzone inside the redzone. We win by at least 14 if we could have scored a couple inside the redzone last night instead of fbs. We are improving though and we have a couple of stud rbs.

Do you think JF3 could run the offense inside of the 10? If we continue to struggle in the redzone i'd like to see JF3 in the game during those situations. Ideally we should have guys like Kyle and NCM in the game and give them a shot to go up and get the ball but since we have not grasped that concept yet i think JF3 and KJ inside the 10 would be lethal. 

2 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Why not put those WR's we sign last Feb. I saw too many dropped balls last night. As for Sean, he had a pretty good game overall.

Probably b/c they can't block :drippingsarcasm7pa:

1 hour ago, Tiger Scout said:

Since we haven't seen much of Franklin, what makes you draw that conclusion?  He's played extremely limited snaps and barely even been allowed to throw the ball, yet you blindly think he's a better option?     It's amazing how many people here think they know more than the coaches do.

43 minutes ago, lca408 said:

Not sure I understand how this is possible. We've seen a fair number of transfer QBs come in and learn the offense in a few months and become the starter and do well at other schools. 

We've seen it here at AU with Malzahn as well with Nick Marshall. (I would throw in Cam Newton, but Cam is super human so he doesn't count.)  If JFIII can't grasp the playbook, maybe the young man's talent is with pure athletic ability but not in study skills and prep.  He couldn't beat out that Wyatt kid at JC, and the Wyatt kid didn't even manage to get a D1 scholly offer.

44 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Do you think JF3 could run the offense inside of the 10? If we continue to struggle in the redzone i'd like to see JF3 in the game during those situations. Ideally we should have guys like Kyle and NCM in the game and give them a shot to go up and get the ball but since we have not grasped that concept yet i think JF3 and KJ inside the 10 would be lethal. 

Oh yes definitely that was the original plan to have JF3 come inside the redzone. The zone read and the plays he knows and can execute so far would be a pretty good combo inside the red zone. As to why he has yet  to grasp the offense and ready to execute the offense I really can't answer that besides the fact like coaches have said multiple times even though JF3 is a JC transfer he is basically a freshman in terms of playing experience etc.

3 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Since we haven't seen much of Franklin, what makes you draw that conclusion?  He's played extremely limited snaps and barely even been allowed to throw the ball, yet you blindly think he's a better option?     It's amazing how many people here think they know more than the coaches do.

Adage: The backup QB is always the better option according to many fans, regardless.

1 hour ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Probably b/c they can't block :drippingsarcasm7pa:

I know you were being sarcastic, but a lot of truth in that statement I am willing to wager.

They are TRUE FRESHMEN, The talent is there, but the ends and outs aren't quite there yet,

6 minutes ago, vhsandaufan said:

Sean has yet to show a consistent ability to get this team to the end zone against quality competition.

And that's all his fault, yeah? Not the missed blocks. Not the dropped passes in the end zone by wide receivers. Not some questionable plays called from the sideline. All on Sean. That about it?

Look, it's awful dang early in Sean's career to decide what he can and can't do. Maybe I've just been around too long, but the Ben Leard and Chris Todd experience at AU and the way many fans wanted both those QB's run off after bad seasons sort of sticks in my mind. Give SW some time. 

5 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

And that's all his fault, yeah? Not the missed blocks. Not the dropped passes in the end zone by wide receivers. Not some questionable plays called from the sideline. All on Sean. That about it?

Look, it's awful dang early in Sean's career to decide what he can and can't do. Maybe I've just been around too long, but the Ben Leard and Chris Todd experience at AU and the way many fans wanted both those QB's run off after bad seasons sort of sticks in my mind. Give SW some time. 

I would love to see him succeed but he has started games over 2 seasons and the offense has not just produced consistently. The offensive line was not good versus Clemson or A&M so they hold some of the blame. Some were ready to tar and feather JJ after starting less games than Sean has.

Sean is still only a redshirt sophomore and has a lot of time to grow as a player.  I think having JF3 run zone read inside the 10 could be beneficial.   Unfortunately for JF3 I think he's 3rd or possible 4th on the depth chart as far as being a passer.  I could see Woody being 2nd team starting next season and possibly starting by the end of the season if the offense continues to be average.  All that talk is meaningless until Woody makes a play in a real college football game.

Archived