Injuries

AidiAU

While my heart and nerves need time to heal from yesterday, were there any new injuries from the game? If I recall correctly, Cox & Truitt were hurt in the game, but I wasn't sure about anyone else? I didn't see a thread on this already, but please put into me in that direction if there is one. 

Chandler Cox was injured....limping on the sideline....my ??? if he can't go, then who is his replacement???

1 hour ago, tigerman1186 said:

Chandler Cox was injured....limping on the sideline....my ??? if he can't go, then who is his replacement???

Jalen Harris. After that walk-on #42 Keenan Sweeney 

One of the thoughts during pre-season is "as long as our backfield stays healthy we will be ok" after losing 3 RBs prematurely. Well looks like we are looking at pretty much a worst-case scenario with our QB banged up, our h-back now hurt (with no real backup), and our top 2 remaining RBs either unable to play or obviously injured (one of which was a H-back, which we could use another of right about now). We are in a bad spot right now. This is a wounded team. Luckily, we are so young most of these guys' legacies are still being written with a lot of key guys having eligibility left. We may not develop players as well as we should but one thing is for sure, when the majority of our cogs become seniors they generally ball out. We have some fun times on the horizon. And a 9 win season is still attainable!

Anyone truly know the possible status of White, Pettway and Cox for the Iron Bowl? We all know CGM does not share truthful conditions of injured players, whether it be good or bad, it is never worth reading from him or the staff. I was hoping that maybe PasstheBisuits could give us some insight.

2 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Anyone truly know the possible status of White, Pettway and Cox for the Iron Bowl? We all know CGM does not share truthful conditions of injured players, whether it be good or bad, it is never worth reading from him or the staff. I was hoping that maybe PasstheBisuits could give us some insight.

PasstheBisuits already said White and Pettway are out for the Iron Bowl (White for the rest of the year).  I haven't seen him comment on Cox.

On 11/18/2016 at 11:01 AM, lionheartkc said:

PasstheBisuits already said White and Pettway are out for the Iron Bowl (White for the rest of the year).  I haven't seen him comment on Cox.

Thanks for the note. I had hope that we might have those 3 back for the Iron Bowl, but I guess it was too much to ask. It is amazing how well the team was playing 2 weeks ago, then we lose the nucleus of our offense. Maybe JJ and the others will step and surprise us all.

heard a stat that 25% of Auburn's scholarship players will be on the injury not able to play list against Aa&m.  That may not mean much but I gotta believe Sean, Bubba, Cox, Truit and whoever else will play against Bama unless it could result in catastrophic injury.  Sean's shoulder was fine befor UGA so it should be fine for Bama till he's hit.  Hopefully Bubba will be back after 2 weeks of rest.  I don't know the extent of Cox and Truit but hopefully just minor dings. We will need everyone to keep it competitive.

Can we update these injuries. Holsey is added, I hope Carlton Davis is not serious. Those horrible broadcasters said Gus said Bubba would be available for iron bowl. If PTB is wrong on that I hope he is just as wrong about Sean White. ( I doubt he is)

During the game, it showed a list of 11 or 12 players that's been hurt this season like White and Pettway. I hope their all healthy and ready to play next week.

1 hour ago, alexava said:

Can we update these injuries. Holsey is added, I hope Carlton Davis is not serious. Those horrible broadcasters said Gus said Bubba would be available for iron bowl. If PTB is wrong on that I hope he is just as wrong about Sean White. ( I doubt he is)

I trust Passthebiscuits more than I trust CGM lol.

Most recent I could find,

such as it is

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/auburn-football-injury-update-iron-bowl-gus-malzahn

I haven't changed my forecast: White is out the rest of the year and so is Pettway. Holsey has an ankle sprain, and much like everyone else will be in the boot til tues and then start some drills to see if he can go. I'd expect Cox to be back this week. Of course Marcus is gone for the year, and Cowart out as well. 

Sorry still no good news to report. I think you will still see these shady reports from Gus and company to keep the other team guessing, and that's his prerogative. 

29 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

I haven't changed my forecast: White is out the rest of the year and so is Pettway. Holsey has an ankle sprain, and much like everyone else will be in the boot til tues and then start some drills to see if he can go. I'd expect Cox to be back this week. Of course Marcus is gone for the year, and Cowart out as well. 

Sorry still no good news to report. I think you will still see these shady reports from Gus and company to keep the other team guessing, and that's his prerogative. 

Thank you.

I really wish Pettway could go.  I think he is critical to us having a real chance.  Without him, I think we have nothing but the hopes of JFIII creating some big plays and, the defense having their best game of the year despite being on the field way too long.

35 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Imo Gus and company need to do whatever possible to give us any kind of edge in the game. And they are the coaches so I hope they know the best way.

think there's any chance we see bubba or sean for our bowl game? I feel like bubba is more probable but that's just based off the rumors ive heard

thx, now we know about as much as we are going to know till about 2:25 saturday.

Well, I think he promised

more on Tuesday.

I know this is going to sound somewhat mean hearted but it just seems like more guys could get up for the Iron Bowl of all things. Sounds like some of these are nagging injuries. Not questioning our players, just wondering how in the world we got SO many injuries at once??

1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I know this is going to sound somewhat mean-hearted and selfish from a fans point of view, but can these guys not get up for the iron bowl? We had guys in the past that got knicked up in a game and merely told the training staff to wrap it up, I'm not sitting (Alex Kozan). I certainly understand the health of a young college athlete is far more important, but man are there a lot of guys hurt. It just makes me wonder how tough we are 

damned if you do damned if you don't. like Sean said after the UGA game. he was so limited someone else may have performed better. just wrapping it up and playing is not enough. they must be somewhat effective. that is hard to determine but i think all of them would play if it was that simple of a choice.

1 hour ago, Charhair said:

Imo Gus and company need to do whatever possible to give us any kind of edge in the game. And they are the coaches so I hope they know the best way.

think there's any chance we see bubba or sean for our bowl game? I feel like bubba is more probable but that's just based off the rumors ive heard

The phrase out for the rest of the year usually includes a bowl game which is what I am hearing on both.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

The phrase out for the rest of the year usually includes a bowl game which is what I am hearing on both.

That's what I figured. I doubt we'll hear anything solid until, at least, this time next week. 

PTB- What is avascular necrosis, and is it something that can be managed with medicine ? I know that I've seen rumors (and I know we aren't supposed to post them) , just wondering.

33 minutes ago, AUMASTERS said:

PTB- What is avascular necrosis, and is it something that can be managed with medicine ? I know that I've seen rumors (and I know we aren't supposed to post them) , just wondering.

Avascular necrosis is what killed Bo's hip. Basically, the bone dies because of lack of blood supply secondary to some sort of trauma (at least, this is more common in athletes). It can be treated - we've made huge strides in regenerative medicine since then, but it's not a quick process or just a matter of taking some pills, and it's not a sure thing (some stuff is very experimental).

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, though, did I miss something?

Archived