Post a picture

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

“...can’t come to the phone right now. Please leave a message.”

8F6F9453-D333-486B-BBF2-F312C8744AC6.jpeg

The Luddite in me misses the old-fashioned busy signal.

Take the handset off the cradle (if those terms still mean anything?) and it's automatic.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2018 at 10:56 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

This guy really needs to get his s*** together. Smoking saves frogs lives apparently.

This makes 3 of 4 times I’ve heard him jump in. The only other time I heard him was during a thunderstorm, and I’m not about to carry around a metal pole in an effort to save an amphibian’s life.

Next time I’m tossing him an adjacent backyard.

CnLDhdk.jpg

Damn you'll get warts now.............................

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Damn you'll get warts now.............................

With as many frogs and toads I’ve caught over the years, I’d look like Quasimodo. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Alligator snapping turtle at work today. Pushing 75-80 lbs.

This ole gal/guy has seen a few sunrises. 

E36F24FA-9CF8-49E1-B5C8-B16FE73A4A40.png

Easily more frightening to me than actual alligators or snakes. I have literally seen one of those things snatch a rake out of a man's hand.

• Thanks 1

Saw the moon and the sunrise on my dog walk this morning. Not altogether uncommon. Pictures taken 50' apart basically at the same time.

IMG_20180628_060640.jpg

IMG_20180628_060426.jpg

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 5
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Saw the moon and the sunrise on my dog walk this morning. Not altogether uncommon. Pictures taken 50' apart basically at the same time.

IMG_20180628_060640.jpg

IMG_20180628_060426.jpg

The low country is so beautiful.

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Haven't gotten tired of the oaks or Spanish moss yet, that's for sure.

The birds, either. There are some herons nesting in the top of one of those trees in the moon picture. I've seen herons all my life, but always pretty close to the ground. And they never make any noise. Seeing and hearing those giant birds flap around and squawk up there... alligators below... it's Jurassic freakin Park on a golf course. Definitely enjoying that stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Haven't gotten tired of the oaks or Spanish moss yet, that's for sure.

The birds, either. There are some herons nesting in the top of one of those trees in the moon picture. I've seen herons all my life, but always pretty close to the ground. And they never make any noise. Seeing and hearing those giant birds flap around and squawk up there... alligators below... it's Jurassic freakin Park on a golf course. Definitely enjoying that stuff. 

Keep the pics coming! Allowse to relax some in the midst of all my bar prep madness.

Just now, Barnacle said:

Keep the pics coming! Allowse to relax some in the midst of all my bar prep madness.

Can do, brother. Been meaning to ask how it's going. Sounds like it's... going. Madly. (Maddeningly?) 

34 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Can do, brother. Been meaning to ask how it's going. Sounds like it's... going. Madly. (Maddeningly?) 

4dfe431fa525b7d112ecf1f496002cf0.gif

Ahh. Love that movie. 

Anyway. It's going well. I've signed up for one of the prep courses and so I've just been following along with it all summer. It's definitely like drinking from a fire hydrant. A ton of work, but I've been able to stay pretty focused (and off AUFamily) most of the time. I have a buddy in Huntsville who is also studying and we've been doing a good job of motivating each other. Right now I'm probably exactly where I need to be preparation wise.

So far it says I've listened to 109 hours of lectures, answered 1210 practice questions, and gone through 261 hours of studying. Only 4 weeks more and it's over! (Hopefully).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Ahh. Love that movie. 

Anyway. It's going well. I've signed up for one of the prep courses and so I've just been following along with it all summer. It's definitely like drinking from a fire hydrant. A ton of work, but I've been able to stay pretty focused (and off AUFamily) most of the time. I have a buddy in Huntsville who is also studying and we've been doing a good job of motivating each other. Right now I'm probably exactly where I need to be preparation wise.

So far it says I've listened to 109 hours of lectures, answered 1210 practice questions, and gone through 261 hours of studying. Only 4 weeks more and it's over! (Hopefully).

It's not enough, but it will have to do for now. Courage.

Image result for give a beer gif

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Alligator snapping turtle at work today. Pushing 75-80 lbs.

This ole gal/guy has seen a few sunrises. 

E36F24FA-9CF8-49E1-B5C8-B16FE73A4A40.png

Ugliest creature God has seen fit to put on the planet.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Easily more frightening to me than actual alligators or snakes. I have literally seen one of those things snatch a rake out of a man's hand.

Big ones can bite oars in half.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Ahh. Love that movie. 

Break a leg?

On 6/28/2018 at 8:25 AM, Barnacle said:

Yes it is........................and some great golf........................wife and I have been many times

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 7:35 AM, Barnacle said:

May you have much success passing the bar and your future?

I've always liked the Old West in movies and such. Like Jimmy Buffet when he says he is a pirate born 200 years too late I sometimes think I was born 100 years too late. While in Arizona seeing the Grand Canyon last week we drove down to Tombstone. Loved the movie and wanted to see the town. The main street is pretty well preserved, dirt street and wooden sidewalks with most original store fronts. I was impressed because most locals are dressed in period appropriate attire. While there I purchased a holster from a saddlemaker for my revolver which is just about 100 years old. Overall this stop was one of my favorites on the entire trip. 

KIMG0905.JPG

KIMG0909.JPG

IMAG0029~2.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

I've always liked the Old West in movies and such. Like Jimmy Buffet when he says he is a pirate born 200 years too late I sometimes think I was born 100 years too late. While in Arizona seeing the Grand Canyon last week we drove down to Tombstone. Loved the movie and wanted to see the town. The main street is pretty well preserved, dirt street and wooden sidewalks with most original store fronts. I was impressed because most locals are dressed in period appropriate attire. While there I purchased a holster from a saddlemaker for my revolver which is just about 100 years old. Overall this stop was one of my favorites on the entire trip. 

KIMG0905.JPG

KIMG0909.JPG

IMAG0029~2.jpg

I have my great grandfather’s

.41 colt revolver. What kind of pistol is that?

Edited by Tiger Refuge