Post a picture

3 hours ago, AUatHeart said:

Heck of a view!  What was the name of that cabin if you don't mind me asking?  I'm looking to book one pretty soon and am wanting that type of view.

Serenity Now through Dollywood Cabins. We went through the Dollywood website. 3 floors and 2 decks. Perfect for 3 families staying together. It's within 5-10 mins of the strip and Dollywood. To get a view like that though, you better be prepared to scale steep narrow roads haha. The road up was about what to expect but we tried to be back before dark. The driveway to the cabin was a bit more extreme for our taste, but the cabin was definitely secluded; and the view was exquisite as seen above.  Booking through Dollywood allows you to get a length of stay ticket to Dollywood and/or Splash Country for the price of a single day.   I attached some photos of the Cabin. There is also a jacuzzi on the upper porch and a 48 in 1 arcade game (PAC man etc) but not shown in pics. 

IMG_0759.JPG

IMG_0764.JPG

IMG_0768.JPG

IMG_0769.JPG

IMG_0771.JPG

IMG_0772.JPG

IMG_0773.JPG

IMG_0774.JPG

IMG_0775.JPG

IMG_0776.JPG

IMG_0777.JPG

IMG_0778.JPG

IMG_0779.JPG

IMG_0780.JPG

IMG_0781.JPG

IMG_0782.JPG

IMG_0783.JPG

IMG_0784.JPG

IMG_0785.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 7/15/2018 at 11:55 AM, Brad_ATX said:

Saw this beautiful old ad while at one of the Honky Tonk's in Nashville week.  Unfortunately the bar wouldn't let me purchase it.

0712180031.jpg

Good ole Merle told the story before of my wife and I driving thru lower Al. on some two lane road and come across a small bar not even in a town just on side of the road. The sign said Merle H. performing tonight. I had to stop and drink beer for two hours until the band came on a little stage. All 20 of us sat in this little ass bar to see him. Of course put on a great show. Damn those were the times.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Good ole Merle told the story before of my wife and I driving thru lower Al. on some two lane road and come across a small bar not even in a town just on side of the road. The sign said Merle H. performing tonight. I had to stop and drink beer for two hours until the band came on a little stage. All 20 of us sat in this little ass bar to see him. Of course put on a great show. Damn those were the times.

You sound like you're complaining about drinking beer for two hours.

10 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

You sound like you're complaining about drinking beer for two hours.

Oh heck no but being in a bar the size of our bedroom smoking going on did get a little old. I'm telling you this bar was not close to any town/city have no idea what hotel he could have been staying at. One of the weirdest situations I've ever seen

• Like 1

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Sounds like a bar in Semmes, AL. in the late 80's.........cant remember name of bar but had Percey Sledge on the regular.......bar no bigger than a bedroom and walls stained in yellow tar from all the smoking.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

05F2A973-AF2F-4127-8F2C-1B35883D4609.jpeg

Must admit, from looks I

would have predicted he/she was a bass.

• Haha 2

My wife has temporarily (I hope just temporary) dumped me for a younger man. 

KIMG1000.JPG

KIMG0995.JPG

Edited by gr82be
  • Like 3

On 7/21/2018 at 11:45 AM, gr82be said:

KIMG1000.JPG

KIMG0995.JPG

Once they've had puppy (something about the breath?), they never really, quite fully, come back.

On 7/21/2018 at 12:45 PM, gr82be said:

KIMG1000.JPG

KIMG0995.JPG

He's better looking then you easy choice

27 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

He's better looking then you easy choice

I'm afraid you may be correct. I definitely out kicked my coverage with my wife. 

• Thanks 1

Favorite old Auburn hat. Has been through years of football, fishing, and swims in the gulf. Met a young veterinarian ( Auburn grad)  from Ky on PCB last year that begged me for my hat. Even offered to buy it from me.

IMG_0207.JPG

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Favorite old Auburn hat. Has been through years of football, fishing, and swims in the gulf. Met a young veterinarian ( Auburn grad)  from Ky on PCB last year that begged me for my hat. Even offered to buy it from me.

IMG_0207.JPG

Is that from the 90's?  I have 2 hats that get similar reactions..........One AUDub pulled up in an old pic I had posted on AUEagle several years back and the other a white AU golf hat.......I love seeing the old school stuff......yours is still in great shape? 

9 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Is that from the 90's?  I have 2 hats that get similar reactions..........One AUDub pulled up in an old pic I had posted on AUEagle several years back and the other a white AU golf hat.......I love seeing the old school stuff......yours is still in great shape? 

That is the 80's hat. Coach Dye often wore the solid blue or solid white like that one. I actually have two of them. One I bought as throwback several years ago and one saved from the 80's.

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

That is the 80's hat. Coach Dye often wore the solid blue or solid white like that one. I actually have two of them. One I bought as throwback several years ago and one saved from the 80's.

Thats right? as a matter of fact Coach Dye is wearing same cap in my autographed photo of him

Not sure how well this will show up but they've got us in the Westin while they redo our floors from water damage. Hell of a night to take a walk on the beach. You wouldn't know it's late July in the Lowcountry. Could've worn a hoodie out there.

IMG_20180724_221602.jpg

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Just another day at the office...

2D8E3058-FD46-4DED-AB4F-C10724C5071C.jpeg

Holy crap, that's a cool shot. Could be a photo from a National Geographic magazine at my grandma's house in the 80s from a story about fighting brush/forest fires. Damn that is cool. And it looks like it could be anywhere from AZ to ND. 

• Thanks 1