Tray Matthews

boomstick

Anyone have any info on Tray's absence from the scrimmage? I don't remember seeing him at all Saturday, and I'm almost positive I read in some scrimmage notes he was held out of the scrimmage. 

Almost certainly to get a good look at younger guys. The coaches are sure about what they have in Tray. 

Also, due to depth concerns at S. They want to do everything they can to keep Tray healthy.  

43 minutes ago, DAG said:

Already proven and seems like the defacto captain. No need to risk injuries to him.

Exactly. This, and the fact that we don't have much depth at the position makes it even more important to get the other safeties as many reps as possible. 

54 minutes ago, DAG said:

Already proven and seems like the defacto captain. No need to risk injuries to him.

I get that. I wouldn't have expected him to participate either. I just didn't remember seeing him on the sidelines at all. Not dressed out, not in street clothes. Like not in the stadium. I could've missed him though. Marlon was there. Kerryon and Pettway were both dressed out and went through drills. Just wasn't sure if it was ever said if he was there or why he may not have been there.

Archived