Auburn Arena, Person

TigerOne

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 12:04 PM, lkeel75 said:

Don't shoot the questioner here, but I am curious about something.  If CP had done this at a different university then would you all feel the same way?  Be objective.  Are people hurt by what he did because he played for AU or because he was coaching there?  The remembrance of him in the rafters & his number being retired are from his playing achievements, not his coaching achievements.

None of us know how it is to walk a mile in his shoes.  

Just food for thought before you condemn a man.

Auburn gave him the chance to coach when others would not.  He has taken that for granted and he had no concern for Bruce Pearl or Auburn.  He was clearly in it for himself.  I probably wouldn't feel as strongly about it if he had done this at another school.  I think that is rational because harming someone else isn't personal and this is.

On 9/29/2017 at 12:04 PM, lkeel75 said:

Don't shoot the questioner here, but I am curious about something.  If CP had done this at a different university then would you all feel the same way?  Be objective.  Are people hurt by what he did because he played for AU or because he was coaching there?  The remembrance of him in the rafters & his number being retired are from his playing achievements, not his coaching achievements.

I hope he learned his lesson and gets back on track. But what he did, if true, is criminal and represents a complete breakdown in integrity. I am disappointed when any AU alum gets our name in the news for that type of thing. So it would bother  me regardless of where he did it. And don't forget, he hurt the entire team and and put other coaching careers in jeopardy as well. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/29/2017 at 11:04 AM, lkeel75 said:

Here's my 2 sins worth: it would've been marginally disappointing to AU supporters had CP done this stuff while at another university just on the basis of his connection with university 30+ yrs ago. However, the majority of the disgust is based on his recent coaching stint: the betrayal of his home school in a vital "rebuilding mode," while on staff there getting paid a lot more than what most people make. Throw in that he didn't seem to be that great of a coach/developer, and it just makes the whole thing overwhelmingly sour. He was brought back, supported to "degree up" so he would have a chance at a head job one day, and ended up doing sleazy things.

Archived