Malzahn and Arkansas

doverstutts

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

You think Arkansas can't do better than a coach that's in trouble where he already is? Why would that be? They were able to hire a highly successful coach away from Wisconsin last time around. What makes you think they will settle for less this time?

and he couldn't win there,either....Good coaches saw this, too....the stakes are higher now because of that....I don't care where he goes to arkie or not, just so he goes somewhere

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bielema left wisky before wisky left him. Wasnt a difficult hire albeit a “big” name. I think what plays in favor of gus is that hes “one of them”. Theyve seen him be successful in arkansas and as the Nabors stated he knows the coaching and the recruiting their. Plus less expectations, etc. wouldnt surprise me if theirs more chatter after this week. Watch bielema. 

Who else is salivating at the prospect of having to defend 5 plays for a game each year ran by Arky caliber athletes???

As @AUBwinsmentioned, if he regains his mojo that would suck for us but I'm not that worried about it. From the looks of it he would go directly from here without a year or 2 away from the game, giving him no time to readjust/modernize his system from an objective viewpoint. Basically he would just keep doing his same ole same ole. I'm all for it go Gus go!!!

Also he's as nutless as he shows he is with the 4th and <1 calls and conservative game plans. "Boo hoo the pressure is too much to beat Bama and UGA let me run away"....SOFT. If he could beat some of the worst UGA teams in modern history maybe things would be different. But he couldn't. When he had better teams....

How common is it for a currently employed coach to insinuate that he's interested in another school's job?

2 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

Did he?

listen to the podcast for a few mins around the 13 minute mark. That's what the Arky beat reporter is saying

If we have to get an Arkansas guy I'd rather go after Mike Norvell. 

Best hire would be Gundy since he has a son in school at Arkansas but not sure if he would leave Oklahoma State.

Wait why does Gundy's kid go to school in Arkansas? That seems kind of weird considering he's been at OSU for a pretty long time

5 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Wait why does Gundy's kid go to school in Arkansas? That seems kind of weird considering he's been at OSU for a pretty long time

Because some kids want to get away from their parents. LOL

1 minute ago, wdefromtx said:

Because some kids want to get away from their parents. LOL

Oh wait is he at the University of Arkansas?

I, for some reason, read it as if he had an adolescent child in school in the state of Arkansas. It's been a long week lol.

apparently, it is true that when Broyles died, there was communication between Mr. Wizard and influential people at Arkansas.....I just heard another interview mention this...If so, and I believe it to be true, he should be let go in Tatertot fashion.....I really didn't think that would be true

1 hour ago, doverstutts said:

apparently, it is true that when Broyles died, there was communication between Mr. Wizard and influential people at Arkansas.....I just heard another interview mention this...If so, and I believe it to be true, he should be let go in Tatertot fashion.....I really didn't think that would be true

If he wants out let him freaking go. It's doing a disservice to the kids to have their leader be someone who's head and heart are not in it anymore. His judgement in regards to these kids is cloudy at best by throwing a crippled Sean White out there and then blaming it on SW (lost all respect for the man after that), running an obviously injured KP into the dirt, and actively trying to kill Kerryon imagine what happens when he actually checks out.

31 minutes ago, Tiger said:

If he wants out let him freaking go. It's doing a disservice to the kids to have their leader be someone who's head and heart are not in it anymore. He already his judgement in regards to these kids is cloudy at best by throwing a crippled Sean White out there and then blaming it on SW (lost all respect for the man after that), running an obviously injured KP into the dirt, and actively trying to kill Kerryon imagine what happens when he actually checks out.

I had a hard time believing that he would make overtures to another school while the HC at AU....I really didn't think that there was anything to that particular part of the OP interview, but now, I mean, unless the one today was piggybacking the one yesterday?.....All bets are off now

16 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I wish him well if he is able to coach his dream school, in a state he is well beloved. I still wish we wouldn't have to face him. His potential to re-find his mojo is scary to think about. I am ready to move on as well in regards to Auburn becoming consistently in contention again. I do think his offense as OC was near impossible to defend. Of course he would go as head coach which could keep his offense muted. 

Will not happen. He will be the same regardless of where he is at. He will not win as much at Arkansas simply because of the talent difference.  We will adjust at halftime and throughout the game....he will not.

This is funny because I had thought about this very thing a time or two this week. From his standpoint I can see the appeal. He gets to go home, the expectations are much lower, he loses to bama every year but it won't mean as much as it does here, he won't have to play Georgia every year, he stays in the SEC West and gets HC pay. At this point it works for us too so that half our fan base doesn't have a stroke. Ok I support it, go.

bb's buyout was around 13 mil. gus is close to six mil. so you mean to tell me arky will pony up all that money plus pay gus what we are paying him? i doubt that happens.

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

bb's buyout was around 13 mil. gus is close to six mil. so you mean to tell me arky will pony up all that money plus pay gus what we are paying him? i doubt that happens.

No. I will have to find it but BB buyout was around 5.9 mil

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football/2017/10/8/16442824/bret-bielema-arkansas-football-buyout-record

ok please do cus they were talking his buyout on the sec network and they said 13 but they have screwed the pooch before........

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

ok please do cus they were talking his buyout on the sec network and they said 13 but they have screwed the pooch before........

I edited my post. Article link there.

16 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

But beilema is  supposedly looking to leave he SEC o his own.  So no buyout for  Arkansas

Archived