What a World Series

NolaAuTiger

I cannot remember the last time a World Series was this volatile in regards to a team's momentum per game. Lots of athletes on both sides. Almost no lead seems to qualify as "safe." Very entertaining. Don't know that two teams, in modern history, of this caliber have met in World Series. 

4 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I cannot remember the last time a World Series was this volatile in regards to a team's momentum per game. Lots of athletes on both sides. Almost no lead seems to qualify as "safe." Very entertaining. Don't know that two teams, in modern history, of this caliber have met in World Series. 

Exactly. How many 3 run leads have been blown so far?  I just knew the Astros were about to win the last game with ease when they went up 11-8, and then I wake up to finding out they won on a walkoff in extra-innings.

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Exactly. How many 3 run leads have been blown so far?  I just knew the Astros were about to win the last game with ease when they went up 11-8, and then I wake up to finding out they won on a walkoff in extra-innings.

That's about when i turned it off and went to bed. I won't let that happen again tonight. 

20 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

That's about when i turned it off and went to bed. I won't let that happen again tonight. 

Same here....living in the Eastern time zone....those long games get to me...made it past midnight one game and caved a bit past 11:30 when it looked like the Astros had blown it.  I'll be there all the way tonight and hope that's it for the series.....  though I would wake at 3AM to watch Verlander pitch. :)

Guy stopped by our church's Trunk or Treat tonight wearing a Dodger jersey #22.....

.I said you have the wrong team and he said "look on the back".....he turned around and where it had said KERSHAW........he had edited it to read  KERSED.....and then I noticed he was wearing an Astro cap. :)

20 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Guy stopped by our church's Trunk or Treat tonight wearing a Dodger jersey #22.....

.I said you have the wrong team and he said "look on the back".....he turned around and where it had said KERSHAW........he had edited it to read  KERSED.....and then I noticed he was wearing an Astro cap. :)

That’s hilarious. ?

Just got back from a trunk and treat and then a trick or treat. Pretty sure the rich neighborhoods have a clause in their contract where there has to be a Halloween party available to show off the loud speakers, the back yard 60 inch  TVs and plenty of candy and Halloween decor for the kids. 

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

That’s hilarious. ?

Just got back from a trunk and treat and then a trick or treat. Pretty sure the rich neighborhoods have a clause in their contract where there has to be a Halloween party available to show off the loud speakers, the back yard 60 inch  TVs and plenty of candy and Halloween decor for the kids. 

Ours was a neighborhood thing...small church in a very small town and kids from all over coming by in some really cute outfits.  Had a great time....

Meanwhile the Astros jump off to a 1-0 lead with a Springer HR.

Just now, AU64 said:

Ours was a neighborhood thing...small church in a very small town and kids from all over coming by in some really cute outfits.  Had a great time....

Meanwhile the Astros jump off to a 1-0 lead with a Springer HR.

Yep. It’s a wonder it took until the 3rd before the first homer. Astros really do have a good round core. Altuve, Bregman, and Springer all seem to be budding stars.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Was it @GwillMac6?

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

Was it @GwillMac6?

:)   nope ...a young guy who had moved to our town a few weeks ago and was a lifelong Astros fan he said....nice to see someone under age of 60 move into our town. 

35 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

DNoElAaWkAAK6gj?format=jpg

It's always good to have a long term plan.....

2 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Houston ISD canceled school for Friday. 

Too bad my kids are in Katy ISD. 

They mad! LOL 

Mourning Deshaun Watson’s knee?

51 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Mourning Deshaun Watson’s knee?

Just found out about it. 

Sucks....I feel bad for him more than anything. He's been a stand up guy and has done great things to help the city in his short time in Houston so far. 

IMG_0639.JPG

4 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Just found out about it. 

Sucks....I feel bad for him more than anything. He's been a stand up guy and has done great things to help the city in his short time in Houston so far. 

IMG_0639.JPG

lol I don’t know anything about the Texan fanbase but it must be a roller coaster of emotions going from WS winners to losing your last good to great QB since _________ in a matter of hours. 

Meanwhile, my biggest takeaway from the playoffs and WS is that two young power hitters were exposed....badly.

Judge and Bellenger.....found out that they could not hit the sharp breaking curves.....especially if thrown by Verlander.   Those two guys racked up an unbelievable number of Ks during the post season. 

Both guys have great futures but both need some serious help with pitch selection and some pitches they are going to see a lot of next season. 

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

lol I don’t anything about the Texan fanbase but it must be a roller coaster of emotions going from WS winners to losing your last good to great QB since _________ in a matter of hours. 

Yeah.

It's a mixed bag when it comes to the Texans since Houston went several years without a pro team when the Oilers bolted for Tennessee

I honestly am a Cowboys fan being from Fort Worth and my dad has been a Cowboys fan since the 60's. Their season is probably toast as well.  I was always a Rangers fan and the Astros were my second favorite team since they were from TX. When the Rangers management ran Nolan Ryan off and he became a "consultant" for the Astros I really started following more especially since we moved down here several years ago. 

Funny thing is, the Rangers went downhill and Nolan along with his son who is the the Astros front office helped lay the groundwork for building the farm system just like he did with the Rangers about ten years ago.

Astros owe the Rangers........for trading Darvish to the Dodgers!

12 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Astros owe the Rangers........for trading Darvish to the Dodgers!

Ha. That is awesome. I was listening to Al Del Greco’s radio show this morning and they were saying the batters caught onto Darvish tipping his pitches again. And that’s been a problem of his for awhile.

59 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Ha. That is awesome. I was listening to Al Del Greco’s radio show this morning and they were saying the batters caught onto Darvish tipping his pitches again. And that’s been a problem of his for awhile.

I told coworkers for game three that Darvish is prone to having a bad start....and usually if he is off he won't even make it out of the first inning. I'd seen it many times with the Rangers.

Thankfully Bad Darvish showed up twice.

8 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Popularity of Houston teams LOL..

IMG_0642.JPG

That’s hilarious. I got a feeling DW will change that in a hurry though in the upcoming years though. The David Carr days were just awful.

Archived