RunInRed

2018 NFL Combine

Recommended Posts





21 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

He hasn't gone yet. 

You can track all results here

Saquon Barkley... goodness.

Many thanks, and very cool.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, metafour said:

Kerryon declined to run the 40.  He did all the other tests and drills. 

11 reps on the bench. I know that's not a key metric, but when Barkley is putting up (an admittedly insane) 29...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kerryon's strength is apparently jumping.

Chubb is showing why Georgia might miss him this year.

Interesting to see Roc Thomas out lift Kerryon and hold his own pretty much across the board...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

He hasn't gone yet. 

You can track all results here

Saquon Barkley... goodness.

Beast . Remember when some of our fans tried to say he was overrated . I wish KJ would’ve ran the 40.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Kerryon's strength is apparently jumping.

Chubb is showing why Georgia might miss him this year.

Interesting to see Roc Thomas out lift Kerryon and hold his own pretty much across the board...

Watch Roc tear the NFL a new one. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Beast . Remember when some of our fans tried to say he was overrated . I wish KJ would’ve ran the 40.

It was smart for him to opt out.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Watch Roc tear the NFL a new one. 

Roc's skill set will be used correctly in the NFL. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bigbird said:

It was smart for him to opt out.  

I imagine so. I am sure he has been prepping to run at Auburn. That is just my favorite drill at the combine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, aujeff11 said:

Watch Roc tear the NFL a new one. 

Only if he's gotten to where he can take some serious beating without getting carted off the field. From everything I read on his draft analysis, his line made him look really good at J-State, and his hands (the thing Gus wanted to use more of) are his best selling point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Watch Roc tear the NFL a new one. 

He is a very talented guy. Sucks we couldn’t get the best out of him here. I will always support the kid. Can’t wait to see what he does at the next level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Teams really asking Lamar Jackson to try out at WR? Definitely would reject that notion if I was him.

 

edit: Lamar, himself, is denying this report.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

11 reps on the bench. I know that's not a key metric, but when Barkley is putting up (an admittedly insane) 29...

Yeah 11 is pretty low. Guess he can blame it on the shoulder injury? 

I figure Kerryon will earn his draft pick during private workouts. I'll bet he runs some 40s there too. Another poor man's analysis.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DAG said:

He is a very talented guy. Sucks we couldn’t get the best out of him here. I will always support the kid. Can’t wait to see what he does at the next level.

He did not stay around long enough to find out what he could do against top opposition....hope he does well ...but he made the right move...would likely not have played RB at Auburn.

 

PS.. KJ likely still not 100%....hamstring and shoulder.

Edited by AU64
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bigbird said:

It was smart for him to opt out.  

Why? Because of the hamstring injury? 

23 hours ago, RunInRed said:

 

Y’all. I love him. I would watch all his post game interviews - such a fabulous AU ambassador. I’m still sad he’s gone.

  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"To the shock of nobody, Daniel Carlson made all of his field goals at the NFL Combine.

The former Auburn kicker and three-time Lou Groza Award finalist is widely considered the best kicker in this year's draft class and he good about his performance on 11 kickoffs, 15 field goals, two extra points and position drills at the Combine on Thursday..."

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2018/03/auburns_daniel_carlson_makes_a_2.html

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2018 at 10:18 AM, metafour said:

RB Kerryon Johnson

Height: 5-11 4/8

Weight: 213

Hand: 9 6/8

Arm: 32 4/8

Wingspan: 77 5/8

 

G Braden Smith

Height: 6-6 2/8

Weight: 315

Hand: 9 3/8

Arm: 32 2/8

Wingspan: 78 1/8

 

 

These are some lazy fractions.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting tidbits on OL:

9 of the players at the combine were 0 stars

2 NFL All Pro lineman this year were 0 stars

 

Quality coaching but more importantly evaluation of the mental make up, desire, growth potential and intelligence are what is most important in recruiting this position.  I felt that Hand was starting to recruit more of this style of lineman, hopefully Grimes can get the results out of these young men.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you guys remember when we passed on Lamar Jackson... still our biggest recruiting blunder imo ever 

Edited by ClaytonAU
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

"To the shock of nobody, Daniel Carlson made all of his field goals at the NFL Combine.

The former Auburn kicker and three-time Lou Groza Award finalist is widely considered the best kicker in this year's draft class and he good about his performance on 11 kickoffs, 15 field goals, two extra points and position drills at the Combine on Thursday..."

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2018/03/auburns_daniel_carlson_makes_a_2.html

 

Going to the Carolina panthers. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DAG said:

Going to the Carolina panthers. 

Cool with me.

Thanks!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DAG said:

Going to the Carolina panthers. 

Tell Cam and CAP 👋! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now