Kick coverage

Mikey

I just enjoyed watching the rerun of the 2018 AU beatdown of Georgia. One thing really, really hurt to see: They flashed a graphic showing AU DEAD LAST in kickoff coverage and 113th in punt coverage. That's close to disgraceful.

Has anybody heard anything about measures being taken to get us into, at least, the top 50 or something? Some of those big returns really hurt us.

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I just enjoyed watching the rerun of the 2018 AU beatdown of Georgia. One thing really, really hurt to see: They flashed a graphic showing AU DEAD LAST in kickoff coverage and 113th in punt coverage. That's close to disgraceful.

Has anybody heard anything about measures being taken to get us into, at least, the top 50 or something? Some of those big returns really hurt us.

Only "Close to disgraceful"?

16 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Um, Larry Porter being made ST coach?

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Um, Larry Porter being made ST coach?

Yeah the move from Horton to Porter. @Mikey I've heard the coaches but a big emphasis on the coverage units so far in practice and Porter has been getting after them good. 

We need to see marked improvement.

Horton is still in charge of part of it... I think maybe kick and punt returns? I'm not certain, but I am certain Horton is still involved in the ST in some capacity. Porter didn't just take over ST duties. 

Edit* Horton will still be in charge of punt returns. 

"Horton will coach punt returns, Porter will handle punters and kickoff returns, and linebackers coach Travis Williams will coach kickoffs, the person familiar with the decision told Auburn Undercover"

https://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Breaking-Auburn-Tigers-have-a-new-special-teams-coordinator-115672137/

Archived