ASU Game Tomorrow

WarEagle2423

I was given 2 tickets in section 37, so I’ve decided to take my 9 year old nephew to his first Auburn game tomorrow. It will be my first game to attend in a few years (I just finished applying to the MBA program, so hopefully I’ll be there for all of the games next year). I found 2 tickets in the same section for my 16 year old little brother (his first game too) and his buddy. So we are all riding up there tomorrow to watch the game and heading back to Daphne afterward. I’m having trouble deciding what time to leave because I’m not sure how early to get there and what all we can do with my nephew and little brother and his friend tagging along. Any suggestions?? WDE! 

1 hour ago, WarEagle2423 said:

I was given 2 tickets in section 37, so I’ve decided to take my 9 year old nephew to his first Auburn game tomorrow. It will be my first game to attend in a few years (I just finished applying to the MBA program, so hopefully I’ll be there for all of the games next year). I found 2 tickets in the same section for my 16 year old little brother (his first game too) and his buddy. So we are all riding up there tomorrow to watch the game and heading back to Daphne afterward. I’m having trouble deciding what time to leave because I’m not sure how early to get there and what all we can do with my nephew and little brother and his friend tagging along. Any suggestions?? WDE! 

leave between 7-8 give you plenty of time to see the campus, Tiger Walk etc.

Go to Auburn Athletics for all of the gameday events or here

https://auburntigers.com/sports/2018/6/11/gameday-primer-html.aspx

Don't envy that late night drive back could take a little longer.

FYI the Wire Road Exit on I-85 is OPEN supposedly.

It had been closed due to construction but word is it is OPEN

War Eagle! drive safe

I always suggest to be in the stadium 1 hour beforehand.  I have done that all my life and it never gets old.  Marching band, eagle flying, hype videos...  Even the starting lineup videos are great now!

I would plan on being in Auburn by 8 or 9AM.  That will give you enough time to walk around town (Toomer's) and campus.  Whatever you do during the day, find you a spot along Tiger Walk by 3:30PM or earlier.  As stated above, be in the stadium at least an hour before kickoff.  I know you have a long drive ahead of you, but if we win, you have to take those boys to roll Toomer's Corner.  Dont worry about having TP, there will be plenty flying around.   I hope the boys have a blast!!  WAR EAGLE!!

Umm, kick off isn't until 6:30 CST, right ? Sure, go see the sights, but don't try to see EVERYTHING in just one Saturday. That'd be my advice.  About a 4 hour trip from Daphne, so yeah, leave no later than 8am, I'd say.  Gives you 3+ hours to have lunch, check out a couple of sights, see Tiger Walk, then mosey around the stadium, find your seats, etc...

Guessing you're not gonna stay to the very end, which would be 10ish ? If you hung around for the full game, rolled Toomer's, etc... then hopped in the car to head home, … wow. It may be 3a.m. + before you get home. 

21 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

Umm, kick off isn't until 6:30 CST, right ? Sure, go see the sights, but don't try to see EVERYTHING in just one Saturday. That'd be my advice.  About a 4 hour trip from Daphne, so yeah, leave no later than 8am, I'd say.  Gives you 3+ hours to have lunch, check out a couple of sights, see Tiger Walk, then mosey around the stadium, find your seats, etc...

Guessing you're not gonna stay to the very end, which would be 10ish ? If you hung around for the full game, rolled Toomer's, etc... then hopped in the car to head home, … wow. It may be 3a.m. + before you get home. 

Agree on the timing.....this is a game that should be over by half time and with a long drive back, JMO but I would plan on having all the fun before the game and be there about  one which is still five hours to spend on campus.   . 

The campus atmosphere is great, walk around town across from the campus, watch the band do pre-game practices, drum line and stuff like that, visit the book store and get a nice tee for the kids and stop by the Arena and see the displays.   I like to be in the stadium half hour before kick off  to watch some of the pre-game stuff as players get ready.....including our outstanding band which has a great pre-game show.  

If it were me with the kids I would be out of there middle to end of 3rd quarter and do Toomers Corner another time.    A long day and good to be fresh for the long drive home. 

War Eagle....and safe travels...

45 minutes ago, AU64 said:

If it were me with the kids I would be out of there middle to end of 3rd quarter and do Toomers Corner another time.    A long day and good to be fresh for the long drive home

And that's the rub.. a 9 yr old and a couple of 16 yr olds… not entirely going to be interested in seeing  / doing the same things.  Unless all involved are super AU fans, then that's different. 

Also, it's gonna be warm. Really warm. . It'll be a long , hot day. Yes, Saturday in Auburn,  football , etc... but it's AL State. Not exactly upper level electricity in the air, would be my guess.  I'd bring a tailgate tent , and a couple of chairs, if possible , if there's no plan for meeting others who may already be up there w/ a spot. Went to a game in September once on a whim, no real plans, and my gawd, I almost just bought a tent right there on the spot. Problem was no one was selling them ! Can't expect to hang out in a restaurant , book store or Haley Centre for 6 hours before kick off.  Just sayin'. 

41 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

And that's the rub.. a 9 yr old and a couple of 16 yr olds… not entirely going to be interested in seeing  / doing the same things.  Unless all involved are super AU fans, then that's different. 

Also, it's gonna be warm. Really warm. . It'll be a long , hot day. Yes, Saturday in Auburn,  football , etc... but it's AL State. Not exactly upper level electricity in the air, would be my guess.  I'd bring a tailgate tent , and a couple of chairs, if possible , if there's no plan for meeting others who may already be up there w/ a spot. Went to a game in September once on a whim, no real plans, and my gawd, I almost just bought a tent right there on the spot. Problem was no one was selling them ! Can't expect to hang out in a restaurant , book store or Haley Centre for 6 hours before kick off.  Just sayin'. 

True….that's a long afternoon but  there are some indoor opportunities at the Arena and games for kids to play outside the stadium.      I figured killing 4 hours or so wandering the campus, getting stuff to eat and maybe even looking at the new Mell Building which is fabulous.     Wife and I spent about that much time on campus before a game last year and I don't handle all that walking too well....but there is lots to do...though the big age difference is an issue as you note. ….and the younger kid  is why I mentioned getting out early and heading home when the game is "over".  

And Tiger Walk....that's an experience....

Hope it is a great day for all of them.....a day on the AU campus is hard to beat.

Kudos to you @WarEagle2423 for taking the youngsters to their 1st game. Some good suggestions so far and I'd say since it's a later kick take a drive around campus so the kids can take in some of the sights and sounds of gameday without a ton of walking. 

Archived