Jeremy Johnson Post

AidiAU

25 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Nothing negative lasted 5 seconds on here because Frazier’s dad posted frequently how great everybody was.  I think if he could KF would have played soccer in high school, he seemed to love soccer.  I don,t think he had fun playing football at this level.

I didn't know that. I just know what I went through on this board for stating the truth about there's really not a difference between the QB's play. SW was untouchable couldn't critique him at all and people just threw jj away for a bad game or two. 

It's like this board though some two people can say the same exact thing but get treated completely different. Take me for example, I give great stuff and get treated like JJ. @bigbird takes my ideas and thoughts as his own and he gets treated like cam Newton. I asked him and titan and golf to let me be a mod just to ban a couple of people and what did I get?? A freaking warning!!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I felt that stidham did a little his first year, but his second year he was scary. Running not stepping up, falling down sometimes. Idk

In 2018, there were few moments where I felt Stidham was grounded. I felt like he has a good game against Washington. He made some clutch throws and even had a few good runs. Redzone woes is the only thing that kept that game from being a blowout IMO. We let Washington linger around. 

It was beautiful because historically Malzahns offense is feast or famine in the passing game. Set up a lot of underneath stuff to build up to a big bomb via post or streak. When we hit those, we look like a million bucks. 2017 Miss State is peak example of this, we only had like 54 plays or so and had 500+ yards lol. Anyways, you could tell Washington studied his tendencies and they played their safeties almost 20 yds back almost all game. Thats why those deep slants/skinny posts were gouging them all game. Once Washington realized we couldnt move the ball consistently on the ground, they were able to smother our passing game. That first half of that damn game had me so hyped for this offense lol.

Quick example of Stidham making 3 reads on a play.

1:08 - First read was Slayton on the Slant, Second read was to #47 (Shenker?) who was open, but Stidham bounced outside and dumped it off to Kam Martin for a 8yd gain/first down.

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

asked him and titan and golf to let me be a mod just to ban a couple of people and what did I get?? A freaking warning!!

That’s a good idea. I wish I thought of this first. FWIW: I apparently have a permanent warning point. Will

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

SW was untouchable couldn't critique him at all 

I remember this clearly. Party boy had everybody blaming everybody but SW. 

29 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Take me for example, I give great stuff and get treated like JJ. @bigbird takes my ideas and thoughts as his own and he gets treated like cam Newton.

tenor.gif

43 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I remember this clearly. Party boy had everybody blaming everybody but SW. 

I was partially guilty. I didn't blame others but I did like SW. I, like others on here, had visions of Jeff Burger 2.0. I saw glimpses. Not sure how SW would've handled himself in the Krystal parking lot. Jeff was just mean. 

54 minutes ago, cole256 said:

SW was untouchable couldn't critique him at all and people just threw jj away for a bad game or two. 

I don't remember the SW vs JJ debate. I remember the SW vs JF3 debates. I bet there are some on here that still believe JF3 should've started. 😂🤣

13 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I don't remember the SW vs JJ debate. I remember the SW vs JF3 debates. I bet there are some on here that still believe JF3 should've started. 😂🤣

I personally that Jerod Evans should've started.

14 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I felt that the Vanderbilt game fixed that quickly. Thank god SW came out in the second half.

16 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Yeah the  Auburnstudent insider dude 😂

22 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

He did

5 hours ago, cole256 said:

I didn't know that. I just know what I went through on this board for stating the truth about there's really not a difference between the QB's play. SW was untouchable couldn't critique him at all and people just threw jj away for a bad game or two. 

It's like this board though some two people can say the same exact thing but get treated completely different. Take me for example, I give great stuff and get treated like JJ. @bigbird takes my ideas and thoughts as his own and he gets treated like cam Newton. I asked him and titan and golf to let me be a mod just to ban a couple of people and what did I get?? A freaking warning!!

dude couldnt throw a ball 35 yards without it being a warbler and he was teflon. Crazy.

12 hours ago, cole256 said:

SW was untouchable couldn't critique him at all and people just threw jj away for a bad game or two. 

This is patently ridiculous. 

SW wasn't big enough, couldn't throw the deep ball, wasn't as mobile as JJ (lol), took bad hits, threw bad interceptions in the red zone...

JJ didn't have "a bad game or two". He had 3 really, really bad games. 

11 hours ago, bigbird said:

Fast juco guy with almost no offers = "dual" threat QB who is automatically going to start because... he transferred

Air tight logic. 

11 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I still hold out hope that we learn why we didn't go after him.

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I still hold out hope that we learn why we didn't go after him.

The coach who signed him had been recruiting him since HS ...long relationship...including Memphis...look it up...was widely discussed on other sites...

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

This is patently ridiculous. 

SW wasn't big enough, couldn't throw the deep ball, wasn't as mobile as JJ (lol), took bad hits, threw bad interceptions in the red zone...

JJ didn't have "a bad game or two". He had 3 really, really bad games. 

I was staying in the 3 game start where you wanted to focus on and IMO you can't say that LSU game was some horrible game and well SW had more than that really bad games then and Frazier every game he played was a really bad game.

Also throwing a couple of phrases that a few people may have said doesn't discount that on this forum you were literally attacked for critiquing him. Example on this board know you can critique Gus but there's a band of people that are going to come for you. You can see some people questioning Gus on here but if a person said sheesh you can't hardly mention Gus people will understand. 

Now what's ridiculous is pretending that you don't remember how it was at the time when SW started playing.....seems like other people remember though

Just now, AU64 said:

The coach who signed him had been recruiting him since HS ...long relationship...including Memphis...look it up...was widely discussed on other sites...

Odd that it has been discussed to death here and that's the first I'm hearing of it. And I have tried to look it up but have never found any info. Care to help me out with a link or two?

I know that Lashlee went to watch him and Franklin play like a week apart and we offered Franklin. 

I'm just hoping we don't waste Nix and Gatewood. So much upside with both of those guys. 

also @McLoofus, I'm with you on questioning players' courage, and I certainly don't question JJ6's courage, but I remember watching him and thinking "this is someone who really doesn't like contact" and I remember talking to folks from Carver who echoed similar observations from high school. More than anything I think he lacked confidence, and I'm sure some of that can be attributed to coaching,  but I think he was his own worst enemy out there. Scared probably isn't the best word, but he sure appeared to play with a lot of anxiety. 

13 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I'm just hoping we don't waste Nix and Gatewood. So much upside with both of those guys. 

also @McLoofus, I'm with you on questioning players' courage, and I certainly don't question JJ6's courage, but I remember watching him and thinking "this is someone who really doesn't like contact" and I remember talking to folks from Carver who echoed similar observations from high school. More than anything I think he lacked confidence, and I'm sure some of that can be attributed to coaching,  but I think he was his own worst enemy out there. Scared probably isn't the best word, but he sure appeared to play with a lot of anxiety. 

"Anxiety" is a really great way to put it. Or at least a great guess based on observation. 

I remember seeing somewhere that he got a really bad case of the yips in high school for a little while. Just suddenly started making a lot of uncharacteristic mistakes. And then after however long, he snapped out of it. Of course, I didn't read this until after he had his issues at Auburn so it might have been convenient/hindsight, but it seemed plausible and sounded a lot like early 2015. 

Kiehl Frazier has been mentioned a few times. Interesting how closely he and JJ were both linked to Gus- basically his chosen prodigies starting in JV- and how both of them came out wildly unprepared for the starting gig. Now, both of them were surrounded by major talent/experience/character deficiencies, but neither of them were prepared to even remotely deal with the adversity. And Stidham didn't seem prepared to overcome any shortcomings he was surrounded by this past season, either. I've never laid all of JJ's issues at Gus's feet, but his QBs do seem to have an unusually high rate of confidence issues. 

Early in his career if he just got obliterated one good time, got up, dusted himself off, realized he's ok and didn't die it may have helped his long term prospects.

Stidham probably could've used the same.

But then if you think to Brandon Cox it kind of ruined him. But he also got decapitated on every other snap, so not quite the same as just getting hit one good time LOL

9 minutes ago, Tiger said:

But then if you think to Brandon Cox it kind of ruined him. But he also got decapitated on every other snap, so not quite the same as just getting hit one good time LOL

My take on Cox, which is just foggy/biased memory, is that he literally did get broken. Kind of like Sean White. They were both confident and tough until they just got broken into pieces. 

The difference with Cox, imo, is that he was on a pretty good team with a much more experienced head coach (and OC), an adequately functioning offense, and a damned good defense. Sean White probably could have succeeded on that 2005 team. Brandon Cox probably wouldn't have succeeded on that 2015 team. IMO. 

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

"Anxiety" is a really great way to put it. Or at least a great guess based on observation. 

I remember seeing somewhere that he got a really bad case of the yips in high school for a little while. Just suddenly started making a lot of uncharacteristic mistakes. And then after however long, he snapped out of it. Of course, I didn't read this until after he had his issues at Auburn so it might have been convenient/hindsight, but it seemed plausible and sounded a lot like early 2015. 

Kiehl Frazier has been mentioned a few times. Interesting how closely he and JJ were both linked to Gus- basically his chosen prodigies starting in JV- and how both of them came out wildly unprepared for the starting gig. Now, both of them were surrounded by major talent/experience/character deficiencies, but neither of them were prepared to even remotely deal with the adversity. And Stidham didn't seem prepared to overcome any shortcomings he was surrounded by this past season, either. I've never laid all of JJ's issues at Gus's feet, but his QBs do seem to have an unusually high rate of confidence issues. 

Now that you mention that, if you look a little deeper Marshall and stidham seemed to maybe have a little dip, certainly not as much as the other guys and they are head and shoulders better, but their confidence didn't stay in the same. 

I mean how many QB's have we had on the roster where it's been said us as a team was scared to even call a pass play for? That is certainly an unusual amount of QB's scared to throw the ball

50 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

This is what I was screaming since last year....I hope we don't ruin these guys

JJ had NFL first or second round ability (according to coaches) SW had possibly “Troy State” or South Alabama ability (I know it is just “Troy” now).

Four years after NFL first or second round ability, JJ gets cut from an arena football team where he couldn’t make the second string QB position, but found himself is a long snapper, and then lost that job.

SW played to the best and over his physical ability. JJ played way, way below his ability. That is what the fan-base saw and that is why the fan-base reacted the way they did.

Archived