Auburn In The NFL Thread

aujeff11

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

You can't teach speed.

And apparently the Bears are betting that speed kills because they can't have seen anything else that screamed "NFL caliber" in his 16 rushing attempts and 7 receptions as a receiver at FAU last year.

11 hours ago, McLoofus said:

What position??

You can't teach speed.

DB/KR

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like he has been on the UAT scott cochran "workout plan" lol. MY GOODNESS those arms are like tree trunks! If ONLY he had longer arms he would be a bonafide superstar in the NFL. And he already is pretty freaking good.

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

KJ meets the ?

IMG_1237.JPG

:bow:

I can think of 5 football players who were must-watch TV for me in the same way that Michael Jordan was in basketball. Barry Sanders is one of them. If there was a better back than Bo, it wasn't Herschel. It was Barry. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

KJ meets the ?

IMG_1237.JPG

Nice!! Barry was way before my time but damn his highlights are amazing. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Browns have been giving our former Tigers chances these past few years.

• Love 1

On 6/19/2018 at 11:05 AM, WFE12 said:

Browns have been giving our former Tigers chances these past few years.

If the Browns don’t make him a guard, then his career is over.

• Sad 1

Just wondering if anyone noticed Kerryon's comments from a recent article on his upcoming season with Detroit..

"A workhorse in his final season for Auburn -- in an eight-game stretch last year, Johnson averaged 27 carries and reached 30 three times -- he knows he'll be used differently in the NFL. 

"That time, that 30-carry, that's obviously not going to happen," Johnson said. "It shouldn't happen in college. It's definitely not going to happen in the NFL. It's going to be different. But, hey, that means I should have more energy, right? 

Interesting comment from him. Sounds a lil bitter maybe?  I agree with Kerryon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, 400DGRZ said:

Just wondering if anyone noticed Kerryon's comments from a recent article on his upcoming season with Detroit..

"A workhorse in his final season for Auburn -- in an eight-game stretch last year, Johnson averaged 27 carries and reached 30 three times -- he knows he'll be used differently in the NFL. 

"That time, that 30-carry, that's obviously not going to happen," Johnson said. "It shouldn't happen in college. It's definitely not going to happen in the NFL. It's going to be different. But, hey, that means I should have more energy, right? 

Interesting comment from him. Sounds a lil bitter maybe?  I agree with Kerryon.

Could have been a critique or he could have been bemoaning a unique set of circumstances (i.e., lack of depth) that forced his coaches' collective hand. Regardless of his motive, I also agree with him. Whether through recruiting or coaching decisions, we need to avoid another 8 game stretch like that. Ever. 

• Like 1

OK PEYTON BARBER!!!

• Like 2

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Wait, one of our big time NFL experts said that nobody runs the read option anymore in the NFL. I guess that's why only old, soon-to-retire, unsuccessful QBs appear in that graphic. 

• Haha 1

On 5/23/2018 at 9:47 PM, GwillMac6 said:

Looks like he has been on the UAT scott cochran "workout plan" lol. MY GOODNESS those arms are like tree trunks! If ONLY he had longer arms he would be a bonafide superstar in the NFL. And he already is pretty freaking good.

By Mark Inabinett

minabinett@al.com

With 64.5 sacks in his eight seasons with the Cincinnati Bengals, defensive end Carlos Dunlap has his eye on Eddie Edwards' franchise record of 83.5.

Carl Lawson has 8.5 career sacks. But the former Auburn standout envisions owning the team record, too. Lawson led the NFL's rookies in sacks last season and came up one sack short of Dunlap's Cincinnati rookie record.

"If I stay here the whole time, tell Carlos I'll beat him," Lawson said about the franchise sack record. "He wanted the rookie sack record. Hey, like I'm cool with that. But the all-time? If I stay here long enough, that's not happening. Look, I plan on having in my career at the very least 120. That's my plan if I stay healthy."

A photo of Lawson taken by Nick Graham of the Hamilton (Ohio) Journal-News during the Bengals' offseason program caused a stir on social media. Lawson looked bigger and stronger than he did when the 2017 season ended.

"It just happened," Lawson said. "Just working out. I never did curls, really, so I started to do curls this offseason. This is really the first time I started doing some upper-body work. Not that serious -- 50-pound dumbbells. Just some beach muscle-type stuff.". My question is why was he not working on his upper body at Auburn? Do we not have dumbbells? Do we do curls? Not sure what to take from this. 

From PFF:

North Notes: Lions, Abdullah, Tate, Browns, Ward, Packers, Williams

July 14th, 2018 at 10:01am CST • By Andrew Ortenberg

After drafting Kerryon Johnson in the second round and signing LeGarrette Blount in free agency, the Lions suddenly have a crowded running backs room. In addition to Johnson and Blount, the team also has Ameer AbdullahTheo RiddickDwayne Washington, and Zach Zenner on the team. At this point, Johnson, Blount, and Riddick are the locks to make t he team, while Abdullah, Washington, and Zenner are on the roster bubble, according to Tim Twentyman of Detroitlions.com.

Twentyman thinks the three on the bubble will be fighting it out for just one spot on the team. As of now he seems to think that Abdullah has the edge. The team can save $1MM in cap space by cutting Abdullah. Abdullah has been a disappointment since entering the league with a lot of hype as a second round pick back in 2015. Entering the final year of his rookie deal, even if he does make the roster this fall, 2018 should be his last season in Detroit. Washington and Zenner have both been hanging around the bottom of the Lions’ roster the past couple of years, and it looks like it could be the end of the road for them.

• 2 weeks later...

The GOAT Auburn QB/ jimmy rustler has arrived:

I’m so jealous of his calves. ?

• Love 2

6 hours ago, WFE12 said:

smh..

I have no clue why the Browns were working him at left tackle. He could be a better NFL player at guard. G-Rob isn’t guaranteed to make tbe roster so this could kill his career.

On 7/28/2018 at 6:36 PM, AUBwins said:

tenor.gif

Cam Newton’s starting lineman ladies and gentlemen

• Facepalm 1

Some AU fans want to discredit Carl for getting past blockers but not finishing the deal when he was here but he was one of the best pass rushers we've ever had...If it wasn't for injuries he would have accomplished so much more. As a rookie he performed better than any other at his position and some established vets. He's well on his way to becoming one of the best in the NFL.

Edited by WFE12
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Some AU fans want to discredit Carl for getting past blockers but not finishing the deal when he was here but he was one of the best pass rushers we've ever had...If it wasn't for injuries he would have accomplished so much more. As a rookie he performed better than any other at his position and some established vets. He's well on his way to becoming one of the best in the NFL.

He is going to continue to pay dividends for our program. What a massive get he was, from the perception of what we were capable of in recruiting, to his production on the field, to his leadership on and off it- remember him dressing down a senior on the field for acting the fool?- to being the certified NFL star on defense that we need representing us. If he stays healthy, he's going to have a long career and be the kind of guy who still gets 1-yr contracts well past his physical prime because of the veteran leadership he provides and his ability to still get after it on a reduced snap count. 

War Damn Carl Lawson, indeed. And War Damn Rodney Garner while we're at it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1