South Alabama loses by 3 at MSU

GwillMac6

Our first road opponent south Alabama lost a really close game at the hump to Mississippi State. Not going to be a gimme game for us. They have a senior laden team mixed in with a host of quality transfers who are eligible now.

Not surprised by this at all. We don't have the same big names that we had last season in our OOC schedule but we play some teams that are usually pretty good. I can't speak to what they will look like this season but GA Southern, South Alabma, Davidson, Colgate, Saint Louis, Lehigh, Lipsomb are all teams that can beat you if you don't come to play. New mexico finished 3rd in the mountain west last season....

These are all teams that we should be able to beat but don't think for a second they will be walk in the park games. Safe to assume we'll always have a quality OOC schedule with Bruce as our coach. He likes to test his teams early.  

16 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Our first road opponent south Alabama lost a really close game at the hump to Mississippi State. Not going to be a gimme game for us. They have a senior laden team mixed in with a host of quality transfers who are eligible now.

Basketball is alive and well in Mobeezy(Roy Jones)😂

14 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Basketball is alive and well in Mobeezy(Roy Jones)😂

Richie Riley the Head Coach at South was mentored by our old friend the OG cliff dweller himself Cliff Ellis at Coastal Carolina! lol.

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Richie Riley the Head Coach at South was mentored by our old friend the OG cliff dweller himself Cliff Ellis at Coastal Carolina! lol.

Well they should be decent.......could see them pulling off some decent wins......can't be overlooked for sure........trying to remember if Ellis coached Cadillac Catledge.

1 hour ago, kevon67 said:

Well they should be decent.......could see them pulling off some decent wins......can't be overlooked for sure........trying to remember if Ellis coached Cadillac Catledge.

He did. He coached him for 3 of his 4 seasons at south. Catledge even had 1 really good NBA season where he averaged 19 ppg for the magic.

On 10/27/2019 at 5:25 PM, GwillMac6 said:

South is projected to win the Sunbelt this year. 

18 hours ago, AUBwins said:

18 hours ago, AUBwins said:

And the projected player of the year in their conference. @Tiger was telling me how they have a transfer from Cal Don Coleman who did not even play vs state who was Cal's leading scorer 2 years ago and put up over 30 points on Gregg Marshall 2 years ago in Maui.

On 10/29/2019 at 12:10 PM, kevon67 said:

Dang. I thought you meant Terry Catledge. Played center for Suitcase Sonny in the very early 80s.

7 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Know a few people who attend USA but they're not the basketball types, so I really dont know what to expect from the crowd. Hope its an active game, something that challenges the boys and forces improvement 

Baseball school. They have a great baseball tradition. I grew up in the 251 when I was a kid and went to many a games at the Mitchell center. Auburn fans who have never been there will see it is easily the second best bball arena in the state behind ours.

I expect there will be a good crowd because a ton of Auburn fans will pack it out. It will be like a home game.

4 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Dang. I thought you meant Terry Catledge. Played center for Suitcase Sonny in the very early 80s.

He is talking about terry catledge. Played for cliff at south in the early 80's and his jersey hangs in the rafters there.

10 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

The very one👍

Archived