2020 5* OT Broderick Jones (UGA)

Auburn Kev

54 minutes ago, Zeek said:

He’s seriously lean for his size. He looks like he could be a damn linebacker (build-wise) 

He's supposedly around 275-280 right now.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This would be a great swap for George Pickens. Give old Kirby a taste of his own retched medicine!

1 minute ago, doc4aday said:

This would be a great swap for George Pickens. Give old Kirby a taste of his own retched medicine!

This . Kirby can kiss my ass . Go get em staff 

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Incredible video . I mean wow just wow 

My biggest takeaway is looking at his build like I said above. Super-lean for an OT even though he’s not too much lighter than most. Extremely impressed with his build.

7 hours ago, Zeek said:

My biggest takeaway is looking at his build like I said above. Super-lean for an OT even though he’s not too much lighter than most. Extremely impressed with his build.

He’s lean up top but he’s got tree trunks for legs which is a good sign for what his Build can be.

6 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Really trying hard not to get my hopes up. This would be a huge pickup!

Well we have a real shot but like Randy Mansell of UGA 247 said This is going to be a World War III between Auburn and UGA.

Is this kid a day one starter? If so then my prediction that the O'line will be better next year even after losing most of the players would most likely be correct.  

1 hour ago, bg5 said:

Is this kid a day one starter?

Possible but wouldn't bet on it. He needs to add 20+ lbs in the Summer when he gets here.

1 hour ago, bg5 said:

If so then my prediction that the O'line will be better next year even after losing most of the players would most likely be correct.  

OL likely will be better even if Bro-Jones isn't starting. RT, RG, & C are already likely upgrades barring injuries.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Well we have a real shot but like Randy Mansell of UGA 247 said This is going to be a World War III between Auburn and UGA.

I like the coaches who are recruiting him, but if there is anything that will tip him to GA(IMO), is when he finally looks at who will be coaching him on the OL...and Matt Luke is a fiery and very good recruiter, if he is the one now added to GA's coaches working on Jones.

59 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Matt Luke is a fiery and very good recruiter, if he is the one now added to GA's coaches working on Jones.

Yes but it's hard to build a competitive relationships in weeks relative to your competition who have been working on him a year or 2. Luke had not recruited Jones before going to UGA.

From Rivals - Day 2 of Under Armour All-American Game Practice - Award Winner

SHAPE SHIFTER - Broderick Jones

A year ago at this time, the knock on Broderick Jones is that he carried bad weight. He was told he needed to lean out before he’d be ready to play at the college level. A year later, that mission has been accomplished … easily. In fact, it’s possible the UGA commit now needs to add weight before playing in the SEC. Jones, who plays basketball in the offseason, will likely beef back up a bit as his hoops days come to a close. That said, it’s easier to add weight than it is to remove it, so Jones should have no issue contributing early in his career.

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

If Garner and Williams are leading the effort I feel like we've done all we could do to land Jones. They're our best shot.

1 hour ago, CR said:

If Garner and Williams are leading the effort I feel like we've done all we could do to land Jones. They're our best shot.

Well Porter is the actual lead but all 3 are having a big part.

I see we play Iowa State in the SEC/Big XII Challenge. Ought to be a good one, and a great opportunity to lay the Auburn Family charm on Bro. Jones. If that don't work, I don't know what will!

4 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

I see we play Iowa State in the SEC/Big XII Challenge. Ought to be a good one, and a great opportunity to lay the Auburn Family charm on Bro. Jones. If that don't work, I don't know what will!

That's the week before his OV. The weekend of his OV we play Kentucky.

16 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That's the week before his OV. The weekend of his OV we play Kentucky.

I think we’re really good this year, but I’d hate for him to watch us inevitably get blown out 

13 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

I think we’re really good this year, but I’d hate for him to watch us inevitably get blown out 

As good as our defense is this year we shouldn’t be blown out in any game, especially versus a Kentucky team that in most games have struggled to score on offense.

Archived